Gold Fish In A Bowl

Guest Frosh

Guest Frosh

My fish has some white spot that might be Ick, but not sure, is there a way to treat it, what would I do if it has Ick?>

I clean my fish bowl every 24 hours, with water sitting out 24 hours...The fish is very all the times it seems, everytime I get ready to put food in, it keeps surfacing, and swimming very active...

Guest tooterfish

when my fish had gotten the ich spots while in his bowl, i purchased Aquari-sol (ingredient: Zycosin) from nnnnnn (couple 2-3bucks)

the directions on this were 12 drops per 10 gallons, i just used 1 drop for my 1 gallon bowl.

keeping his water really clean will help him to get better, and rinsing out the rocks will help to dislodge any eggs/bugs that fall off the fish.

editted: make sure what your fish has is ICH before treating, there are pics here at koko's that show what it might look like. ICH looks like grains of sand or salt have been sprinkled on the fish, the more severe the more spots.

Guest Frosh

It does seem like it has Ich, so I put some Mandel Maracide (2 drops), green stuff dissolves...Today...

After cleaning the bowl, I do this.

This is what I add to the water...

I add like 3 Jungle Aquarium Salt, it says its fro tropical fish and goldfish, and adds electrolytes.

I also add 2 drops of Easy Balance from Tera Aqua, Question: Should I also add 1 drop of AquaSave from Tera Aqua?> It saids for like filter aquarium...

I feed it 2 ColorBits Tropical grandles, and 2 BioBlend Tropical fish food from marineland labs...

I would like to thank those that have posted and help me so much, and future posters too...It has been very helpful...

THank You!!!

Guest Frosh

GAME OVER... :(

IT's the end...It was happy...

I got it on April 24, 2004 and now it ends...Today April 30, 2004 around 8:00pm...Thanks for all you guys help...Now I need to Bury it.... :(

Good Night Guys ... It's been fun ...

Bye...

Guest kerri_corbett

Frosh, I am very sorry about your poor fish. It is very stressful for a fish to go to a new home and enter new rituals of feeding and cleaning and whatnot. Plus the fish at those fairs aren't very good quality so please don't be discouraged. If anything, think of it this way, now you know what to expect when (and if) you get a new fish. When my first goldie died i was devastated and I only had her a short time, but after she died i vowed in her honor that i would do it better with the next fish i had. You could do this too. Good luck, its been great seeing all the work you did for your little fish. Hopefully you will be back with a new fish telling us how well he is doing and giving others advice since you have experiences to share now.

Make sure you are de-chlorinating the water! I read what you put about leaving the water out for 24 hours before changing it. That is not enough. A container of de-chlorinator is about $4.00 CAD and it last a while.

Archived