Sign in to follow this  
Newtofish

Please help!

Ok guys, I am completely new to having goldfish. Petsmart was no help at all, they told me to use distilled water for our two new goldfish, it about killed them and I started using tap water with the conditioner stuff. We have a 10 gallon tank, automatic filter, air stone, all the things I’ve read that they need. They don’t appear to be eating flakes or brine shrimp, one was staying close to the top of the tank yesterday and it ended up dying last night. Now I don’t know if we did something wrong or if it was sick. The other seems to be swimming fine, staying close to the bottom of the tank. Am I missing something? After a week I take some of the water out and add more with the conditioning treatment but I don’t want to keep killing goldfish if it’s something I can prevent! Any help is appreciated! (I can keep a child and dogs alive but apparently not even fish for 2 weeks 😐)

One of the biggest questions is going to be, Have you tested your water? All tanks need there ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and ph tested. If the ph is low you need to test your oh. You can find an API master test kit at ant good LFS. Or you can get it tested at a LFS but if you do make sure you get the numbers, Do Not let them safe it's in safe range.
Please read what Sharon posted for you. Like she said after reading it and you have questions please ask we are always willing to help.

Welcome to koko'S

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2019 at 6:39 AM, Newtofish said:

Ok guys, I am completely new to having goldfish. Petsmart was no help at all, they told me to use distilled water for our two new goldfish, it about killed them and I started using tap water with the conditioner stuff. We have a 10 gallon tank, automatic filter, air stone, all the things I’ve read that they need. They don’t appear to be eating flakes or brine shrimp, one was staying close to the top of the tank yesterday and it ended up dying last night. Now I don’t know if we did something wrong or if it was sick. The other seems to be swimming fine, staying close to the bottom of the tank. Am I missing something? After a week I take some of the water out and add more with the conditioning treatment but I don’t want to keep killing goldfish if it’s something I can prevent! Any help is appreciated! (I can keep a child and dogs alive but apparently not even fish for 2 weeks 😐)

How are things going for you?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this