Back in the Game

I knew he was ill but he died ... NO not Kappa he was one of my favourite goldfish on the forum and I remember from day one when you got him :( RIP Kappa 13/04/14 - 08/04/15 (I'm hoping I have the dates right) I'm so sorry about Kappa ;(

I knew he was ill but he died ... NO not Kappa he was one of my favourite goldfish on the forum and I remember from day one when you got him :( RIP Kappa 13/04/14 - 08/04/15 (I'm hoping I have the dates right) I'm so sorry about Kappa ;(

I'm so sorry about Kappa :( I was watching your thread and really thought he would make it :(:hug:

Thanks. . . I thought he would, too. He seemed fine Friday and my brother did as I asked with water changes and meds over the weekend, so I'm really not sure what did him in.

April 12, 2014-- April 7, 2015 (So he was a little over a year old. . . :( )

ipadmoments187.jpg

Day 1

image.jpg4_4.jpg

That's the last picture I have of him looking healthy.

imagejpg5-1.jpg

Look how tiny he was when I got him.

image.jpg13_2.jpg

Compared to when I lost him.

I'm sorry I got the date wrong... You did a great job at caring for him though it grew so much in less than the year you had him

It's fine. I only knew the true date because I found the receipt a few weeks ago. . . Thank you. I did my best with him. I'm just sad it wasn't enough.

You did such a great job raising him, amazing growth x3

Thanks. Maybe Eleazar will grow great like he did and get really big. But I'm fine if he doesn't, so long as he stays healthy.

I'm sorry I got the date wrong... You did a great job at caring for him though it grew so much in less than the year you had him

It's fine. I only knew the true date because I found the receipt a few weeks ago. . . Thank you. I did my best with him. I'm just sad it wasn't enough.

Thanks. Maybe Eleazar will grow great like he did and get really big. But I'm fine if he doesn't, so long as he stays healthy.

You went above and beyond for Kappa but sometimes it still doesn't end in success and don't beat yourself up for it he had a very good life :)

You went above and beyond for Kappa but sometimes it still doesn't end in success and don't beat yourself up for it he had a very good life :)

Thank you, goldfishfanforever. I appreciate that. :)

I wrote a brief comment on your D&D thread, but I wanted to say again how sorry I am to hear that Kappa didn't make it. I was hoping that he would pull through. But I agree that you should try not to be hard on yourself; it seems like it was something wholly outside of your control, and you took such good care of him until the end.

Condolences.

Thanks QandD. :)

So. . . You're all going to hate me. But I premise, it isn't my fault. My elder sister, rebekah, knew that kappa had died this morning and she wanted to make me feel better. And what better way than to surprise me with. . . A goldfish. Yep, that's right. Before kappa was even buried he had been replaced. . . Physically, at least. No other fish will ever take the place of Kappa in my heart.

So please don't hate me, cause I didn't ask her to buy him/her. It's a little red and white ryukin (from the same store a Kappa, ironically) whom she named Misheal. After scrambling to get a QT ready, he is now happily swimming around in 10g of water at .1% salt, which I will up when I wake up tomorrow. He IS really cute. And although it is upsetting that Kappa passed, I wasn't entirely surprised and I was prepared for it to happen. Plus, emotionally, I feel that the best way to move on is to get another fish. . . Idk. Please don't hate me.

In other, non- scandal related news, my stupid amazons finally got the better of my temper. I took the big red Rubin sword, yanked it out of the tank, cut off all the leaves and plopped it into my other tank to heal. That tank can be treated with ferts, since there are no Vals. The other swords i viciously chopped any unhealthy leaves, but for the most part they seem ok.

Cleaning the 29g without having to worry about Kappa getting uncovered by the water was a bittersweet feeling. Cause yes, I could take out more, but I really loved kappa.

. That's Misheal, in case any of you were curious.

Thanks QandD. :)

So. . . You're all going to hate me. But I premise, it isn't my fault. My elder sister, rebekah, knew that kappa had died this morning and she wanted to make me feel better. And what better way than to surprise me with. . . A goldfish. Yep, that's right. Before kappa was even buried he had been replaced. . . Physically, at least. No other fish will ever take the place of Kappa in my heart.

So please don't hate me, cause I didn't ask her to buy him/her. It's a little red and white ryukin (from the same store a Kappa, ironically) whom she named Misheal. After scrambling to get a QT ready, he is now happily swimming around in 10g of water at .1% salt, which I will up when I wake up tomorrow. He IS really cute. And although it is upsetting that Kappa passed, I wasn't entirely surprised and I was prepared for it to happen. Plus, emotionally, I feel that the best way to move on is to get another fish. . . Idk. Please don't hate me.

In other, non- scandal related news, my stupid amazons finally got the better of my temper. I took the big red Rubin sword, yanked it out of the tank, cut off all the leaves and plopped it into my other tank to heal. That tank can be treated with ferts, since there are no Vals. The other swords i viciously chopped any unhealthy leaves, but for the most part they seem ok.

Cleaning the 29g without having to worry about Kappa getting uncovered by the water was a bittersweet feeling. Cause yes, I could take out more, but I really loved kappa.

. That's Misheal, in case any of you were curious.

I think its good that you got a new goldfish as it keeps your mind off of the past :)

My friends thought I was being disrespectful when my hamster died and less than a week later I got a new hamster but it was so heart wrenching to see the cage empty it felt right for me to get a new hamster and nobody hates you because you got a new fish :)

I think your grief is your own, and that having a new fish doesn't mean that you didn't love Kappa. In fact, it seems to speak to the fact that you were very upset that your sister took it upon herself to try to get you a new fish. 

Are you going to Prazi Misheal, too?  S/he is very cute and nervous!

So very sorry for your loss of Kappa :rip:  I was hoping he would get better. He had a great life with you and he was loved. You did your best, and that is what matters.

Your new fish looks very spunky :teehee Good luck with Mishael, and I hope he lives long and stays healthy! ;)

Thanks guys. . . Yes, Misheal will be Prazi'd. I'm working on bringing up his salt right now. It is currently at .2%. When I up it this evening, I will add in the Prazi. I dint know if I'll be doing five or seven day rounds yet, but I'll let you know. He is very cute and tiny, but. . . So tiny. . . I wish he was big. . . Like kappa. :( Ah, I'm sure I'll stop being sad about that eventually, but for now. . . Well, Eleazar will enjoy having a same size friend. (Not that they're together right now, cause they ain't.)

Do automatic feeders work with goldfish? Since they're supposed to be fed below the surface and their pellets are supposed to be soaked, how would this wokr in conjunction with an automatic feeder? I want my Goldies to get several smaller meals a day rather than one or two large ones. Because of school, I can't currently do this manually. Any suggestions?

Oh no, i hadn't seen your D&D thread in a few days. Saw this was updated and was hoping for some happy news. I'm so sorry he didn't make it! :(:hug

Best of luck with Misheal!

I'm sorry to hear about kappa, I always enjoyed your thread :-)

Thanks Niki! I'm really sad I lost him, especially so close to our one year anniversary, but I did everything I could. I don't know exactly what killed him, but I hope that it was quick and painless in the end.

Oh no, i hadn't seen your D&D thread in a few days. Saw this was updated and was hoping for some happy news. I'm so sorry he didn't make it! :(:hug

Best of luck with Misheal!

Thank you! My sister named him Misheal, but I've actually changed it to Misheal Fisheal. I'll probably call him Mishi Fishi, or just Mishi. It sounds cute, no?

I'm sure he'll be big soon, as will Eleazer! You'll raise him up well :)

Thank you! I'm working on it, haha. I think that without Kappa, Eleazar will definitely have more food to devour and he'll get big soon. He does have a month before Mishi joins him, at least, so that should give him some time to bulk up. ;)

What a nice sister you have!  Your new fish is adorable.

Haha, yeah. She remembered me ogling over some cute little goldfish over the weekend (bk) and, knowing what I like, went out and purchased. . . Whatever she wanted, lol. Same source as Kappa, though, so I trust he will be relatively healthy.

Did an 80% wc on MiskiFishi's tank and added in his first dose of Prazi. After the initial excitement of a new tank, he got a little bottomsitty. . . Or at least, after he was brought up to .3% he did. I'm thinking that whatever he has is gonna be effectively destroyed, haha. Mishi Fishi is my first goldfish that is orange. Isn't that odd? I've bought three goldfish, and none of them have been orange.

Re: auto feeders; I've read that they're a bad idea since they can malfunction and pollute the tank (Erik Johnson writes about this, and I've seen horror stories on other sites). I don't know about other people's experiences with them, but I remember also naively using those Top Fin chalky shell-things as a longer-term feeding option and they were also gross. It might just be best to fast them or blackmail your siblings into feeding them a pinch every day. Once I portioned out the amount of pellets to be given when I had to be in Italy for 3+ weeks and a friend came and fed them with strict orders never to feed them anything else but 2 peas. It worked out well.

Mishi concluded his first round of Prazi today. He hasn't shown any signs of discomfort, so yay! Did an 80% wc and re- added his salt. He is w little cutie.

I'm very dissatisfied with my tanks right now. They're really ugly. I need to do something to change it up. I'm thinking of getting a big teapot and drilling a hole at the bottom, in the back, for an air tube. Then, I'd carefully cut a hole in the front for the fishes to play in if they wanted. I had a very specific idea in mind when I set the tank up, and it's really not there right now. I don't know. It could be that I'm just so unhappy with my tanks cause Kappa is no longer in them.

I'm sorry you're missing Kappa so much. Have you had a chance to bury him? It might help.

Yes, I buried him a week ago. I would've taken more time with it, but my sister had just called saying she had bought me a replacement

(-_-) and I had to hurry to get everything ready for the new arrival. He is buried, though. I'm gonna scatter flower seeds on top of it this weekend.