Sign in to follow this  
Morgan'sMiracles

Back in the Game

Maybe put a thread up in the sales section?

Maybe put a thread up in the sales section?

Yes. I know i need to, i am just dreading it. I do not really want to give any away, you see. So i am putting it off

I know how you feel :hug

I'm sorry

I know how you feel :hug

I'm sorry

Thank you.

So i have 2x 20g (one 20 long, one high) and the 29g that i can keep up when the bin goes away. So i think, with rigorous wc and careful testing, i can get away with keeping my absolutely mandatory 7 until i can move out and get double 40B.

Unfortunately, that means giving the tropicals the boot. My brother is willing to take the absorgiis, but the betta and will tetras will just have to die. I mean, im not gonna kill them or anything.. But they're pretty old for what they are and i suspect old age will take them before next June.

So hopefully, this'll work out. I will still have to rehome the five, though.

I have had a hard few goldfish days. As previously mentioned, my parents decided that I was not to bring home my at- school fish at the end of the year, forcing me to downsize. And as the days continued to pass without the fish going to school, their agitation rose. So finally, on Wednesday I decided to stop prolonging the inevitable and took down the ~45g bin my school fish had been residing in. I grabbed my 20H and my brother's 20L and set them up where the tub used to be, putting Monet, Marley and Clara in the long and Ozzie, Jenni and Blanc/he in the 20H. Perdita was temporarily placed in the 29g with Mandy, DERP, Anjou and Bartlett. I was massively, painfully stocked all around. Biggs, my ECR thai calico oranda, I brought down to my sister. You'll remember that his full name is MR. BIGGS. Well, I suppose his name is going to be changed now as he has spent the last 48 hours spraying my sister's tanks with eggs...

Anyhow, that still left me with 11 goldfish and only 70 gallons to keep them in. I have heard that, if one is strict about WC and water quality, 10g per fish could be managed-- which meant I had to get rid of four fish. So with a heavy heart, I called my LFS and they confirmed that they do, indeed, take goldfish. Without giving myself a chance to talk myself out of it, I filled one of my five gallon buckets and scooped up Jenni (red/white coast gem oranda), Perdita (PetCo dalmation oranda), Anjou and Bartlett (my 'pair of pears'- matching red/white comets from PetLife). Oh, it hurt to give them awa. I know that the LFS lady cares for her animals, and her fish are never very heavily stocked. I have also on multiple occasions heard her deny over excitable parents certain fish for their tanks. That said, Anjou and Bartlett are comets and I shudder to imagine their fate. But who else could I turn in? Monet, Clara and Marley have been with me over a year. Mandy and DERP are my precious little babies. My telescopes are too deformed for anyone to want them-- Blanc/he is missing an eye and Ozzie has a deformed tail. So it was with a heavy heart that I turned them in, and I sincerely hope for the best.

In other horrible news, I was doing a wc on my teacher's tank. You'll remember she has three fish-- a pearlscale, a black moore, and a comet- who spent the summer with me. Well, they went back to school two Thursdays ago and this Thursday was their wc day. I spent half an hour fighting with the tubing she gave me to start the siphon, and made extra sure to put a net over the intake so they wouldn't be injured.

But of course that wasn't enough. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but the Black Moore managed to get an eye pulled out. Unlike when this occured with Blanc/he, it was truly gruesome. Blanc/he's eye had only been a little pulled out, and then it-- essentially-- melted. This poor fish's eye was entirely detached, hanging from the socket by a blood vessel. My teacher was panicking and kept saying that since I was the fish expert, I had to deal with it. So I was given a knife and I found some tweezers and I removed the eye.

I have never done anything so painfully nauseating in my life. I felt like a horrible person and feel sick just thinking about it. But it was done.

So as you can see, I've had a bad week, fish wise. Next WC I will show you picks of the new set up, with all of my fish visible in tanks rather than plastic tubs. But for now, at least you'll know why if I'm not around much.

Aw no Emilee. I don't even know what to say apart from I am so so very sorry you've gone through all this

Aw no Emilee. I don't even know what to say apart from I am so so very sorry you've gone through all this

Thank you, Mandy. I hope things will stabilize and all the remaining fish in my care will be healthy and live long lives.

To that end, i believe a round or two of prazi is in order for Blanc/he and Ozzie. Ozzie is rather dismally bottomsitting and Blanc/he is flashing and darting quite a bit. I probably also need a low level pond pump for waterchanges, as their tank is on the bottom of a double decker stand and mere inches off the ground. Also, when winter and cold weather sets in, i will no longer be able to use a tube out the window. .. So any suggestions are welcome.

Oh, Emilee! I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time  :hug I can't even imagine having to go through that.  Sending positive thoughts your way   :grouphug Hope things get better soon.

Edited by amoonklein

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. 

Sorry to hear you had a rough week.

Oh, Emilee! I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time :hug I can't even imagine having to go through that. Sending positive thoughts your way :grouphug Hope things get better soon.

Thanks guys. :hug

So the school moore who was injured is recovering well. There isn't a good sized qt bin but i didnt trust the main tank to be clean enough, so he is in a 3g tank with daily 100% wc. I will add him back after wc tomorrow and hope for the best.

In sad news tonight, my little Betta Wilhelm-- brother to Storm- - that i brought home from my sister's appeared dead today upon my return to work. I couldve sworn he was fine this morning, but i have been so busy i may not have even seen him. He didn't look like he had been dead long tho. He was clearly taken by a quick onset of internal infection, as he was severely dropsied.

SIP little Willy. You weren't with me long, but i hope these last few months have been good ones for you.

Aw no! RIP Willy. I'm sorry

I hope things turn around soon in fishworld! Sounds like you are very busy (and perhaps stressed). Hang in there!

From this7524528eee91b6e5b4346750833baa4d.jpg225592b6eec769c1f7bf630acbce4dfc.jpg

To this

90daf8462b9b2d3116bf014ac381400c.jpgab27a238d9c0647daf71401508e84f2d.jpg917ae1e6fafe7358d8a47a69cd5be1bf.jpgbd11aa11da8171604e0dc3aae034e3ff.jpg

(Top two singles are from June and slightly inaccurate)

In 16 months . I am truly pleased to still have these beauties with me. I was at my wits end when I brought them home, after losing Kappa, then Mishi, Frasier, Martin and finally Eleazar. I was sure that I'd never again have goldfish-- and then these two little miracle fish survived, and what's more, they thrived. I haven't always taken the best care of them, and even now my tanks are stocked far heavier than I'd like, but they have stuck with me through the thick and thin and will hopefully continue with me for many years. Having kept bettas, various Tropicals and invertebrates, I can say whole heartedly that the life, vibrancy and soul of goldfish are without compare. They have this lovely aura about them that seems to exude a will to live, a sentience, that no other fish possess. And I can not imagine ever living a life without having at least a few of these beauties around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are beautiful and have grown so much!

Sorry for your loss of your Betta. RIP Willy.

They are beautiful and have grown so much!

Thanks! I am overjoyed at their success.

Sorry for your loss of your Betta. RIP Willy.

Thank you Dawn.

Internet issues. Excuse the double post.

Edited by Morgan'sMiracles

Wow, it's been awhile since I last posted on here! Plans have changed and fish have died and plans are in the works... I'll just start from the beginning.

First of all, and I can't recall if I posted this here or not, I had to downsize my goldfish collection. I have so many, and as I don't have the time to maintain my home tanks and set up a school tank this year, I rehomed a few. That's to say, I brought four of them to a local mom and pop store. So Jenni (r/w oranda, from Coast Gem), Perdita ('dalmation' oranda, PetCo), and my comets (Anjou and Bartlett) were turned over at... the end of summer? September, October? I don't even know now. But, yeah. Biggs (calico ECR oranda) was transferred to my sister's tank, bringing my total down to 7 goldfish.

And then, about a month ago, Clara passed away. She'd been acting a bit off, and I thought maybe she was pouting (I've been so busy since school started up; my tanks have been neglected horribly) but I woke up one morning to fins clamped and bottomsitting. I fished her out and set her up in a 5g bucket with the intention of starting a D&D when I got home after school and work, but she passed away. My brother buried her for me under the lilac tree in our yard. 

So then there were six! I had 10g per fish again, with the two larger ones @ 15g/fish. Still not great, but better than it had been (there was a time I had 8 in a 40g bin, and an additional 4 in the 29g) so I was pretty pleased. And that's where my stocking still is to this day. It's been hard for me to resist replacing Clara, but I really don't have the room. 

I also got a new betta! I was planning on waiting until one of my boys (Storm-plakat, Pugley- elephant) died and then tearing down the 5.5g, but I was up with my friends and the only way I could talk myself out of leaving the store w/o a goldfish was to get a betta. So now, I have a shuny new betta in with my boy Storm in a divided 5.5g. Also, my male ansorgii-- Bushbear-- died. I haven't the slightest clue why! So now in my 20L, I have 2 plecos, 3 tetras (I started out with 8, 2 died, and somehow... only 3 left??), 3 ansorgii (probably. I never saw them before and I only ever see one at a time now. They aren't schoolers like the tetras so they don't flock together during wc... I haven't any idea whether or not they're all still alive), and one betta. 

I'm looking into getting a pond pump, and I read in a really old thread that this one is good. If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know! It'll be for doing wc, since I can't drain out the window during a Maine winter! 95g of water dumped on a frozen ground is a recipe for flooding our basement, and dad would kill me!

Finally, my sister is now downsizing her tanks-- which sucks, cause it means that she's getting rid of fish I am rather fond of! Such as, a gorgeous blue oranda from Coast Gem! And some snobby oranda crosses she bought from a breeder. She is also getting rid of the amoonklein babies, and I'm going to take them-- which means I'm also taking the tank they're in. So my 20L will be replaced with a 29g, and be inhabited by 4x small ryukin. 'Cause ya know, now that I finally got my stocking figured out, she just has to screw it up. If I could, I'd take the oranda, too-- and I might. There is a distinct possibility that I will shove him in with Marley and Monet in the 29g, bringing them down to 10g apiece. BUT if I get the pond pump and it's fast, I might be able to do 2x weekly wc. So we'll see. 

Anyhow, sorry I've been so absent! I subscribed a few months ago, and pretty much live in the gaming forum. The last month or two, however, I've even been pretty absent on there.

I figure it's time I update this blog. About a month ago, the last of my fish (Blanche and Monet) were rehomed. I sold them, as well as the last of my tanks, to a young man who was going to place them in his 125g tank. There isn't a single piece of fish keeping paraphernalia in my house. I miss having them, and my room is far too quiet without the filters going. However, due to current adjustments in my personal life, it's likely I'll be moving into a small apartment with no room for fish tanks within the next few months. So keeping all of my tanks wouldn't have been viable. In fact, it's so small that keeping even one tank wouldn't have been possible. Perhaps once Frederick (my hamster) dies, I will place a tank where he will be kept. But until then, it's gonna be a no- fish zone in my life. Being active on this site makes it difficult to keep away from goldfish, haha. Yours are all so beautiful, and my self control is weak when it comes to beautiful fish!!

So... That's all. If anyone was wondering why I'd disappeared, there it is. I'll probably be on occasionally, but not too often. I want to keep up to date with all of you though, and miss seeing your little friends.

Hi Emilee!!! Nice to hear from you!!! Sorry you had to re home your fish!!!! Maybe one day you will some again!!! Take care!!! Don't be a stranger!!!

Hi Emilee!!! Nice to hear from you!!! Sorry you had to re home your fish!!!! Maybe one day you will some again!!! Take care!!! Don't be a stranger!!!

Thank you Dawn! I don't plan to be a stranger. I have a larger phone now too, so I can download the app again!

3 hours ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Thank you Dawn! I don't plan to be a stranger. I have a larger phone now too, so I can download the app again!

Well there you are :hug

Yeah don't be a stranger. you don't need to down load anything the site has its own mobile style now :) 

Well, I have it anyways. My dad got me a 32gb phone as a graduation gift and I'm enjoying trying to fill it!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Well, I have it anyways. My dad got me a 32gb phone as a graduation gift and I'm enjoying trying to fill it!

:lol What kind of phone? 

It's an LG g3, with 32gb storage and a 32 32gb storage card lol