Sign in to follow this  
Morgan'sMiracles

Back in the Game

My babies from Allie!! They're so perfect and tiny and cute. Can't believe how adorable they are. Had to do a quick wc before putting them in with my other two littles, the pair of pears Anjou and Bartlett. The pears were smaller than these babies when I got them, so I'm confident they'll do well in my tank. Allie did an amazing job shipping them, and they were so happy and active! If any of you are considering getting some of her babies, DO IT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yay :D  So happy everyone made it across the country with flying colors <-- Ha... bad joke.   Thank you so much for giving these guys a loving home.  You and your sister are awesome!

Allie, are these babies from big goldfish you already have?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes :)  My 2 ryukins spawned early this year and these little ones are some of their offspring :wub:

They're so cute!! I saw probably eight videos of all the babies before i could choose. Go check 'em out!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I was in quite a flurry trying to prepare for the babies to arrive, and i had to shuffle some fish around. Of course i left it until the last possible second and was mid wc when they arrived.

Before they came, I was moving my big fantails, clara and monet, from the 29g into the blue 40g tub. Clara wasn't an issue, but i wasn't as careful as i should've been with Monet and i dropped him! Right on the carpet. I felt so guilty. Other than being slightly surprised, he seemed like he was totally fine, so i will keep an eye on him and hope for the best. That's all i can do right now... Ugh. I've had him for over a year, and kept fish for like, five years. Never before have i dropped one. He is too big to completely cover with a hand though. I really need updated pictures of them, haha.

Come school, september 6, i will hopefully be setting up a stock pond aquaponics system in my voc greenhouse. I'll need a heater of course, as it gets kinda frigid in there-- but it'll be so great! I will make a bog filter with all my plants and do some Aurora-esque aquaponics, as the type I've tries previously hasn't worked. I may need tk buy some fertilizers, too. It'll be a big project, but i look forward to completing it!!

My babies from Allie!! They're so perfect and tiny and cute. Can't believe how adorable they are. Had to do a quick wc before putting them in with my other two littles, the pair of pears Anjou and Bartlett. The pears were smaller than these babies when I got them, so I'm confident they'll do well in my tank. Allie did an amazing job shipping them, and they were so happy and active! If any of you are considering getting some of her babies, DO IT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yay :D  So happy everyone made it across the country with flying colors <-- Ha... bad joke.   Thank you so much for giving these guys a loving home.  You and your sister are awesome!

from the look of the video's first 1/3 or so you really taped the [censor] out of that box!

I was in quite a flurry trying to prepare for the babies to arrive, and i had to shuffle some fish around. Of course i left it until the last possible second and was mid wc when they arrived.

Before they came, I was moving my big fantails, clara and monet, from the 29g into the blue 40g tub. Clara wasn't an issue, but i wasn't as careful as i should've been with Monet and i dropped him! Right on the carpet. I felt so guilty. Other than being slightly surprised, he seemed like he was totally fine, so i will keep an eye on him and hope for the best. That's all i can do right now... Ugh. I've had him for over a year, and kept fish for like, five years. Never before have i dropped one. He is too big to completely cover with a hand though. I really need updated pictures of them, haha.

Come school, september 6, i will hopefully be setting up a stock pond aquaponics system in my voc greenhouse. I'll need a heater of course, as it gets kinda frigid in there-- but it'll be so great! I will make a bog filter with all my plants and do some Aurora-esque aquaponics, as the type I've tries previously hasn't worked. I may need tk buy some fertilizers, too. It'll be a big project, but i look forward to completing it!!

Aquaponics are always fun!  Get to have healthy pesticide free veggies/herbs (even fruits if you have the room to grow them.. or grow your own flower garden) year round.  I kinda let my lettuce grow outta control (its shot past the light so above light is very leggy, at light is burnt (oops).  Ferts are a big help, I'd not get the stuff I have though, its a bit expensive and watered down (found out after I'd bought a lot of it >.< ). Depending on how big your aquaponic system is you may look at buying ferts made for aqua/hydro-ponics as they're designed for the larger water volumes.  You can google "plant deficiency"  and look at the many many images that help show what deficiency causes what look of a leaf (I keep having magnesium deficiency because I don't want to over dose magnesium and cause a calcium deficiency which will effect my mystery snail poorly (caused chipped/damaged shell with time).

Edited by AquaAurora

Sorry to hear Monet went "overboard".  Accidents happen.  Try not to feel too bad about it (which is easier said than done).  Hopefully he'll wiggle it off as if nothing happened.

Your aquaponics plan sounds fantastic :D   When you start your project, please take lots of pics so we can "ooooo" and "ahhhh"  :D

Yes :) My 2 ryukins spawned early this year and these little ones are some of their offspring :wub:
Whoa! That's so cool! :thumb:

https://vimeo.com/180962554

Monet

https://vimeo.com/180963676

Blanc/he

https://vimeo.com/180963773

Clara

https://vimeo.com/180963876

Marley

https://vimeo.com/180963987

Perdita

https://vimeo.com/180964215

Jenni

https://vimeo.com/180964336

Mr. Biggs

https://vimeo.com/180964432

Ozzie

https://vimeo.com/180964566

Pearlscale (School Fish)

https://vimeo.com/180964666

"Black Moore" and Comet (School Fish)

https://vimeo.com/180964854

Aaaand last but certainly not least, my newest editions DERP and Mandy!! These are my little amoonklein ryukin babies.

So next week the fish will be going back to school. I will likely use two 40g totes, with a wooden support to counteract bowing in the totes. I will be making a.. Bog filter, i think it's called? Following shakaho's schematics. I will make a thread when this all starts so you can all help me!

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

DERP and Mandy are really starting to grow  :heart  Everyone is looking great!  

That chunker Mr. Biggs is definitely a waddly heartbreaker  :wub:  

DERP and Mandy are really starting to grow Everyone is looking great!

That chunker Mr. Biggs is definitely a waddly heartbreaker :wub:

Haha yes. Thanks, and i will pass the compliment onto Biggs, who refuses to grow a wen. It will be real irritating if Mr. Biggs turns out to be a lady...

I feel like DERP is really developing a hump fast! I took a side video.

https://vimeo.com/180979238

I have a fish named after me! :heart

They are so cute!

I'm so sorry Emilee, but I just have to post this because its all I can think of when I read your post tread title  :yikes ...No disrespect to beautiful Kappa!

WarwickCapper6332008.jpg

Edited by Speckles

I'm so sorry Emilee, but I just have to post this because its all I can think of when I read your post tread title :yikes ...No disrespect to beautiful Kappa!

WarwickCapper6332008.jpg

I have no idea what that person is

f3311e10ded8ea9549abf523ff35db3c.jpg

Yeah i just didn't want that weird man as the pic for my blog. ????

So my parents informed me, out of nowhere, that i cannot bring my school gh fish home again at the end of the year. They hate the tub on the floor and i cannot set it up again. Which pretty much screws over me and my fish. I have under a year to majorly cut down on my fish.

Ones i will definitely keep:

Clara

Monet

Marley

Ones I really want to keep:

Mandy

DERP

Anjou

Bartlett

Onew i can begrudgingly rehome:

Blanche

Ozzie

Biggs

Jenni

Perdita

I think i am forgetting one but i simply cannot remember who. If anyone is interested in seeing details on fish in bottom list, let me know. Top two lists i will fight hard to keep, but i simply cannot keep them all without the tubs.

Sorry to hear that Emilee.   :hug

Aw no Im sorry :(

Oh, that is crappy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DERP and Mandy are really starting to grow Everyone is looking great!

That chunker Mr. Biggs is definitely a waddly heartbreaker :wub:

Haha yes. Thanks, and i will pass the compliment onto Biggs, who refuses to grow a wen. It will be real irritating if Mr. Biggs turns out to be a lady...

I feel like DERP is really developing a hump fast! I took a side video.

https://vimeo.com/180979238

OOOO I think so too!  

So my parents informed me, out of nowhere, that i cannot bring my school gh fish home again at the end of the year. They hate the tub on the floor and i cannot set it up again. Which pretty much screws over me and my fish. I have under a year to majorly cut down on my fish.

Clara

Monet

Marley

Mandy

DERP

Anjou

Bartlett

Blanche

Ozzie

Biggs

Jenni

Perdita

I think i am forgetting one but i simply cannot remember who. If anyone is interested in seeing details on fish in bottom list, let me know. Top two lists i will fight hard to keep, but i simply cannot keep them all without the tubs.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that  :k055: What a difficult position to be in :(

Clara

Monet

Marley

Mandy

DERP

Anjou

Bartlett

Blanche

Ozzie

Biggs

Jenni

Perdita

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that :k055: What a difficult position to be in :(

Oh, that is crappy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both. If you or anyone you know is looking for some adorable goldfish, send them my way.

I should've specified earlier, but;

Perdita: small, matte 'dalmation'/calico oranda. Petco.

Blanc/he: white butterfly telescope. Missing one eye. Coast Gem USA

Mr. Biggs: Orange based thai calico oranda. East Coast Ranchu.

Jenni: red white oranda. Confirmed female. Coast Gem USA.

Ozzie: Calico butterfly telescope. Slightly messed up tail. Coast Gem USA.