Sign in to follow this  
Morgan'sMiracles

Back in the Game

Beautiful!!!!!

Finally ended prazi round one. Clara is pretty understanding. 60% wc, 100% on the blues.

Today is not the greatest day. At school, the electrical strip fell into my aquaponics system and short circuited. The filters AND the strip AND the extension cord all appear to be fried. I'll be doing more intensive testing tomorrow. But for tonight, Monet came home from school with me and i plopped her right back in with clara. No big deal, right?

WRONG. Both my blue orandas and Monet need ro be at my in-school system pretty much ASAP. I have a baby thai calico ECR oranda coming next tuesday and although my sister can MAYBE hold it for a day or two, she doesn't have room to hold it long term. Those three need to be at school. The calico will go in with clara when s/he finishes QT. I need the blues to be at school because they're in my only qt and monet needs to be at school because i can only max out at 2 gf in the 29g. So basically, if i can't get my system working, im screwed.

Im trying to be positive, tho. Maybe my filters still work. My teacher has extra extension cords and power strips. If my filters are totals, i have an aqueon 50 in the mail from fastlane... It probably arrived today, tho I'm not home to check. Mostly im just really mad that one of the am students knocked my tank and landed me in this mess. It was really inconsiderate of them. I hate that Monet had ro spend ANY time without air circulation or filtration. I can't even IMAGINE subjecting my fish to that, poor baby.

Thw cherry on top.of my disaster cake? It's finals week.

AHIRNHDUIWNSH!!!

//end rant

Everything in my hydroponic system is working again. Yay for fail safe anti shock outlets!

So sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this! :(

Aw no I'm sorry :(

Aw no I'm sorry :(

Sorry to hear this! :(

Thanks guys. I'm super worried the other blue is gonna follow soon...

Big wc day. Full 160% wc on little blue's qt tank. 95% wc on the 10g. 80% wc on 29g. 60% wc on 20g. Unfortunately the 55/75 aqueon stopped working. I've been having impeller trouble for a few months but i absolutely cannot get it working this time. Thankfully i just got an aqueon 50 from fastlane!! Works great! I still want my 55/75 to work so I'll try again tomorrow.

Monet will be going to school monday. Tuesday my new oranda will be arriving at my sister's house. I intend to pick it up that night. however, i will need to find a second qt bin i guess?? Unless, i mean... What is procedure for qt-ing an ecr baby?

Brought Monet back to school today. Her tail got a little torn up when she was fleeing my hand through the fake plants. I am questioninh thr wisdom of having plants capable of tearing fins.

Brought Monet back to school today. Her tail got a little torn up when she was fleeing my hand through the fake plants. I am questioninh thr wisdom of having plants capable of tearing fins.

Poor thing! With good WQ I'm sure she'll heal up in no time. I don't like plastic plants since they always messed up my girls' fins, too, even when I wasn't chasing them!

Poor thing! With good WQ I'm sure she'll heal up in no time. I don't like plastic plants since they always messed up my girls' fins, too, even when I wasn't chasing them!

Thanks. Clara seems to like them though, so I don't know if i want to take them out...

New fish is probably coming today! My sister didn't get the tracking number yet so I'm not positive but most likely she will be here today! Very excited!

So new fish isn't coming until next week due to weather reasons. Which is good, because it'll give me time to finish Marley's prazi rounds and get her to school. Then I'll only have one qt tank going. Hopefully Marley will be good to go in a week. Fingers crossed!!

My BEST to Marley.

Hi Emilee!!!

Wow all the fish swappings and qtings and treatings and wow is done my head in... I am so pleased you know where all your fish are and what they are up to!!!! :teehee

I am sorry you lost big blue... its always more difficult when you have an unexpected and unexplained death... Im sorry :tou

I am looking forward to seeing photos of your new finbaby too when you get him/her... have you any names lined up yet?

:bighug

Hi Emilee!!!

Wow all the fish swappings and qtings and treatings and wow is done my head in... I am so pleased you know where all your fish are and what they are up to!!!! :teehee

I am sorry you lost big blue... its always more difficult when you have an unexpected and unexplained death... Im sorry :tou

I am looking forward to seeing photos of your new finbaby too when you get him/her... have you any names lined up yet?

:bighug

Yeah it's been pretty hectic lately... Thanks.

Current qt, the smaller blue oranda, i am currently calling Marley but that is subject to change. I have no idea what i will name the calico thai oranda ecr baby. S/he should be here tuesday though!!

Did big waterchanges on all the tanks yesterday and refilled them via bucket. I've been really worried about my blue.oranda, Marley, and today i ran out of ideas and moved him into the 29g with Clara. He had been mopey and not eating since Big Blue died. But tonight he ate!! Like, WILLINGLY!! I fed lots.of FBW and he and Clara went nuts!! There are no words to describe how overjoyed i am to have it confirmed that his not eating was just a loneliness thing. Like, i literally jumped up and yelled, "HE'S EATING!!" AND ALL MY FAMILY LAUGHED AT ME. BUT I DONT EVEN CARE!!!

In other news, my baby thai calico oranda from Cynthia loves blood worms and ia the cutest fish ever and super healthy. Basically, all of my fish love bloodworms. I'm gonna have to make a real effort to feed them more often, especially if i want my goldfish to really bulk up! With two orandas with tiny wens in the house, the added protein is a must.

Anyways... HE IS EATING!!! Celebrate with me!!

I have two of the baby thai calico orandas from Cynthia and posted some updates in the non planted tank section. Please keep us updated as our fish might be from the same spawn.

Mine are growing like weeds but I'm also feeding them heavily in warmer water. Good luck with them, I'm very happy with my two.

I have two of the baby thai calico orandas from Cynthia and posted some updates in the non planted tank section. Please keep us updated as our fish might be from the same spawn.

Mine are growing like weeds but I'm also feeding them heavily in warmer water. Good luck with them, I'm very happy with my two.

I only got mine Tuesday but i feel like he has grown already!! I'll be sure to get photos of my boy.