Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

My Goldfish Are Getting A Bubble Bath Today

LOL! Looks like someone's checking out some far away planet! :thud

All of those bubbles are in my tank!! I'm afraid the bubbles are going to overflow out onto the floor. Stupid pimafix.

:thud

That certainly is bubbly... good luck with that, lol. Gotta hate the stuff that happens when you add things to your tank... I can still remember how scared I was the first time I used Maracyn and I couldn't even see my fish through the cloudy water.

Do you have a bubble stone/wall in there? Is there any way you could slow it down, even poking holes in the airline tubing (I've done that when I didn't want to buy a fancy valve), just until you're done with the pimafix?

Yes I have a 12" airstone in there :rofl and my filter makes almost as much bubbles as the airstone when it hits the water.

Good news, about 1/2 hour ago, the bubbles started dissapearing, there are still a few, but not like when I took the picture!!

I hate using medications!

May, I know what you mean, I remember using Jungle Fungus Eliminator once, and it freaked me out when my water turned bright yellow! :rolleyes:

Jessica

I can still remember how scared I was the first time I used Maracyn and I couldn't even see my fish through the cloudy water.

Yup, me too! I was panicking because thought I'd put the wrong amount in and OD'd all the fish. Why the heck doesn't it warn you on the packet that the water's going to go cloudy?! Mind you, it's good stuff. Seems to have cured Augustus's finrot. :)

At least all Melafix does is to make your tank smell nice! :lol:

jess,

yeah, i know what you mean. there not harmful in any way, just unsightly. ;)

emma,

what do you mean "nice"? i cant stand that smell (yuk)! it reminds me of that facial mask that my stepmom use to use called "noxema". :scared

Edited by toothless

Guest Hutchtaz

Good idea, Toothless. I bet that would help with popping the bubbles.

I have to side with Emma on the smell. I like it!

Toothless remember I had that bad experience with Pimafix, and several of my fish crashed to the bottom of the tank.

Well several of those fish are in that tank with the Pimafix right now, and they are perfectly fine. Guess it wasn't the pimafix :rolleyes:

I am guessing that they must have had fried gills last time. The ones that crashed were aquired within the same month I dosed with pimafix, so maybe their gills were not ready to handle that.

This time they are all fine.

Jessica

yeah, i do remember that! i remember wondering why the heck your fish crashed like that. four days later i used it to cure a spot of true mouth fungus on lurch. i tell ya, they really are on to something with the mela/pima combo. personally, im sold on it. ;) even though it smells like noxema! :D

I don't have any melafix in there with the pimafix, just straight pimafix. I am going to grab some melafix next time I am at the petstore.

I'm afraid of the pimafix, since it contains a cancer causing agent...does that mean it's going to give me cancer :scared LOL :lol I try not to touch it at all or breath it in when I add it to the tank :rofl I am paranoid that is for sure, to the point that it's kind of funny.

So the combo of the two works really well?! That is good to know.

Jessica

Guest Hutchtaz

What does it contain that causes cancer? :blink: Scary!!!

Wow!! That's a lot of bubbles......my tanks tend to do that when I use Melafix, but I don't think I've ever had that many bubbles!! :bath:D

A lot of the stuff that's fish related causes cancer. Almost all of my test kits say something about causing cancer on them!!

Toothless----

Noxzema smells GOOD!!! :D

Hutchtaz, I'll go check.

Ok it says

Warning, this product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.

That is all that it says.

None of my test kits have those kid of warnings :scared

So anyone pregnant, stay away from Pimafix!

Jessica

I try not to smell it, I don't want to inhale the cancer chemical :rofl I wonder why they put that warning on the label, and how much you would have to handle for it to have effect?

Jessica

Jess, its good that I know about that slightly bubbly "side effect", when it comes to Pimafix. I am planning on writing about it in one of the next additions to the medications part of the treatment section. Do you mind if I put a picture of that "side effect" into the discription as fair warning beforehand? Something like "Make sure you lower the water level around 2 inches to leave space for the very extreme bubble bath effect!" :rofl

Edited by Ranchugirl

you wouldnt believe the amount of products that california claims to be carcinogenic. lots and lots of things. heck, breathing air in the city is also cancer causing. i wouldnt worry too much about mela/pima causing any birth defects or cancer. you probably have to drink it to reach that effect. ive even started a syphon and wound up getting a mouthful of pima/mela. so far, no mouth cancer. :blink:

Paul, you probably got a good load of mouth refreshing flavor instead! :rofl