Lone fish is hyperactive, normal?

I'm still trying to catch the other fantail in my pond. But the one I have caught is now active and very happy. He, has stars, is alone in a 125gal for now. There are corries and plecos.

He is doing figure eights and seems way too active. But maybe its normal.

I'm assuming he is either happy or trying to get out to find others. 

He is still young. All other tanks of these fish that I have seen have been of very lazy, slow fish, thus, it feels odd. 

Thoughts?

• Helper

HI, sorry for the late response,  it sounds like normal Goldie behavior to me, but a video will help make sure there isn't anything else going on

Also, I would be super careful with the cories,  goldies often try to eat them, leading to both the Cory and goldfish dying, or at least been injured. And if the plecos are common plecos, I'd watch them too as they find the slimecoat of goldies very appetizing, and can cause injuries, bristlenose plecos are generally ok

Thanks for replying!

I haven't been here for awhile and was worried this forum succumbed to FB, too.

I am trying to rehome the corries and plecos w/o much luck. The plecos are BNs and several babies just left the cave!

I haven't had any luck netting out my other fantail that's in the koi pond. I should of tried to catch it early in spring, there were a few days that would of been easy to do so. 

The fish in question is still happily zooming around, even occasionally joining the corries in their races, too. 

He doesn't like frozen foods, but has a bloodhound nose for flake and pellet feeds, lol. 

It's funny how fast goldfish warm up to aquarium life vs koi, very stark contrast!

Why don't you remove the plecos and cories to a small tank of their own?  We see nothing positive in having them  in a goldfish tank and serious negatives.

No. Getting rid of everything, not starting up.

Male is now acting like a normal fish. Following the female, picking at plants, grazing, all the good stuff.