Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Bettafix Questions

I hate medicating it makes me sooo nervous <_<

Remember the red blood spots on the end of Rainbows tail, well they did not travel any further up his body, but they spread along the edge of his tail.

Red Pepper had fin rot when I bought him, it has not progressed in the few months that I have had him, but the edges are still transparent/whitish on his tail, but it is not frayed.

Sugar had a small red spot on dorsal fin, and tail was a bit ratty (came like that)

Death Head is fine, until I tryed to catch him in a betta cup so I could clean his tank, he jumped like a trout and landed on the counter. I quickly got him back into water, but he looked a little stressed, and ended up with a small tear in his tail.

UGH!

So I went out, bought Bettafix and have dosed them all.

Am I reading the box right? Add the amount (Depends on how big your tank/bowl is) every day for 7 days and then do a water change?

So I am supposed to re-add meds every day?

I hope I read that right, because it is day 5 and everyone is looking much better.

Red Peppers tail, I swear it has grown, Rainbows spots are almost gone, Sugar spot is gone and Death Head is healed and looking A-ok.

So did I do that right? Should I continue for the entire 7 days? What if Rainbow still has a red spot, what should I do?

I HATE medicating LOL!

Jessica

Oh I forgot to add, my water quality is great, 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite.

I think I have figured out how Rainbow *possibly* ended up with red on his tail.....Sugar came with a small red spot, and my daugher took the thermometer from Sugar and put it in with Rainbow :thud So that might explain some things.

Edited by JessicaandMarshall

You are using the medication right, Jess. I am glad it is working :)

I think after the water change, I would probably do another round of the Bettafix, if the spot isn't entirely gone.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

JessicaandMarshall,

Some words of encouragement. While you may be nervous about medicating your fish, it may help to remember that you're doing it to impove their heatlh. In addition, you're medicating with Bettafix, a natrual medication.

So your heart is in the right place and you're not dumping tons of chemicals in your tank. For that, I'll readily respect you.

Now for the questions, I medicate daily for the enitre seven days and then do the water change, like it is printed on the box. It's similar to taking antibiotics. If you have to take them for 2 weeks and feel better after 1, you should still take them for the additional week.

As for what to do with rainbow after the seven days... Hrmmm... I would finish medicating and then deal with that problem if it arises. Sorry, nothing more profound than that at the moment.

When I was treating my bettas, I used it for 7 days, then did a water change and "rested" for a couple of days with no medication. After 3 or 4 days I started again. It made me feel better to give them a break, but it's probably not necessary.

Best of luck, glad things are looking better!

Thank you everyone!

One more day of medication to go. Rainbows spots are just pinpricks today. I hope they disappear by water change day, aka Saturday!

Thanks for you help, I appreciate it :D

Jessica