Sign in to follow this  
Chris1251

Buster is hurt and unsure how to help him... 😕

Hi all,

Chris here...  My Buster has hurt himself... 😱....  Sometime overnight Buster managed to get himself stuck between the skimmer and the tank wall...😯.   I found him this morning and rescued him...  The only actual injury I can see I’d the leading edge of one of his pectoral fin is broken...  But this symptoms are an unwillingness to swim, floating upside down...  Due to his unwillingness to swim I added a glass box to the tank for him to rest in and to avoid floating at the top and damage of being exposed to air....  Pictures will be attached...  Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated...💕

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank)  0

Nitrite Level(Tank)  0

Nitrate level(Tank)  0

Ammonia Level(Tap)  .25

Nitrite Level(Tap)  0

Nitrate level(Tap)  0

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)  8.2

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)  8.2

Other Required Info:  no illness or recent treatments except the yearly flukes treatment on the tank...

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?  API Master Tests Kit

Water temperature? 77 degrees 

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?  75 gallon,  1 year/3 months

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?  2 AC 110

How often do you change the water and how much?  Once a week, 100%

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 6 days,  tomorrow is water change day...

How many fish in the tank and their size?  4 ...  all measurements are nose to peduncle...  Buster:  7”,  George:  6.5”,  Pig pen:  5.75”,  Nautilus:  4.5”

What kind of water additives or conditioners?  Prime, Wonder Shell

What do you feed your fish and how often?  Once a day....  Repashy gel food, NLS Thera + A sinking pellets soaked in Vita Chem fresh formula, blood worms 🐛 

Any new fish added to the tank? No

Any medications added to the tank? No

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?  No

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?  Floating upside down...

8E5CB3A3-02A2-4DB2-8BA3-F4B76831109C.jpeg

12507AB0-029D-470C-88E2-F1A8A97200C0.jpeg

50869328-9B00-4205-8A7E-47D909C82429.jpeg

36E324AD-2326-4437-A451-B5FDEF60C34E.jpeg

CFEC43EE-C297-46C7-B106-635D55899062.jpeg

F406EC64-858F-4974-8F2B-73BD755C887B.jpeg

Chris here...  No need to respond to my post....  My beautiful Buster passed away this afternoon...  💕

RIP 😢

85EEE4A1-9576-4F49-B9FB-37B50774F7F8.jpeg

@Chris1251 Im so sorry hun. Such a beautiful fish :hug 

Chris here...  Thank you....  We will miss him desperately....  He had grown sooooo much and had an awesome personality... 💕

Oh I’m so sorry :(  he was gorgeous.  It sounds like he freaked himself out with being stuck and hurt himself with the struggle more than any actual mechanical injury.  That’s so sad!  I’m sorry sweetie.