Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bad Wolf

Moor with tumor?

I am not home right now so I cannot attempt to photograph my moor with a tumor on its side. Nor can I test the water until I get home. Is it normal for a fish to get a tumor? It does not seem to bother him, so should I be concerned.

Also what is the best way to photograph him? I think I still have an old “betta” tank but is it okay if I put him in it long enough to get good pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I am not home right now so I cannot attempt to photograph my moor with a tumor on its side. Nor can I test the water until I get home. Is it normal for a fish to get a tumor? It does not seem to bother him, so should I be concerned.

Also what is the best way to photograph him? I think I still have an old “betta” tank but is it okay if I put him in it long enough to get good pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a fish with three tumors. It really depends on the tumor on how fast they grow.

The best way is in a bowl (white is nice if its a moor). Try to get side and top views. :) 

The only thing you could do is surgery😷

21 hours ago, koko said:

The only thing you could do is surgery😷

Um  I do not have any surgery tools for one thing.  For another thing I am too afraid to do surgery on my fish.  I guess he will know that and not stay still when I operate on him.  I am going to hope he is okay with it and go with plan B which is to pray for the fish and hope for the best.  I do not think he is in any pain but I do not know goldfish for "are you in any pain?"   I assume that the best option is to let him live the rest of his life in peace with a tumor on his side.

As long as it's not bothering him you don't have to remove it. If it does get to a point where it is bothering him and you choose to remove it, we can walk you through that process too.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Um  I do not have any surgery tools for one thing.  For another thing I am too afraid to do surgery on my fish.  I guess he will know that and not stay still when I operate on him.  I am going to hope he is okay with it and go with plan B which is to pray for the fish and hope for the best.  I do not think he is in any pain but I do not know goldfish for "are you in any pain?"   I assume that the best option is to let him live the rest of his life in peace with a tumor on his side.

Its kinda what I have with my fish. Im just letting him be for now :) 

Yeah, I wouldn’t operate for that.  Too much trouble if he’s happy otherwise :)