Open Chat 2

koko

I opened my lid to see if I could find Summers.  I saw him in the back corner of the aquarium.  I closed the lid and sat down to see my fish trying to find the food I didn’t put into the aquarium but they thought I did.

30 minutes ago, spider man said:

Cali, you have had a good eye for those Zaos fishes... lol..

He's the ONLY person I know actively breeding Kirin patterned fish. They're my favorites by FAR and this one was nice and small and stood out to me. He had up so many healthy and nice looking Orandas that week. But then sometimes I wonder... because he posted these this week:

https://www.zhaosfancies.com/online-goldfish-shop#!/2-Pack-Blue-Phoenixtail-Lionheads-4-75”/p/409352651/category=0

The one on the right especially has red and completely tattered fins. Looks like a bacterial infection/fin rot to me not just a fin deformity. Either way - it's a really bad specimen and definitely should not be sold. And the notes only say MINOR tail flaws. They are quite MAJOR actually. 

I can't blame someone if they see this and don't wish to buy from him. Many of his Phoenix tail fish often have sloppy finnage but this is something else. 

Today I got upset with Loki for begging too much for fish food.

My guess now it was her only way of saying thank you for the new fish food.  

I was just given this container of fish food.

48DD1081-FFA6-49EA-9EA1-9807291F9B3B.thumb.jpeg.d915661f14785feccb88c39666a38045.jpeg

CF050D1F-3678-40C2-89C1-525F5A17E821.thumb.jpeg.2e18d08b86d911bd5871b3dedab02e48.jpeg

I think that was meant for my goldfish and not me to eat.

Dinky fish are in - now to observe and feed and whatnot. Now that I have some days off, I have gotten sick with a cold... which I never get. So that's excellent!!! Hopefully it isn't the COVID.  I don't feel BAD BAD though, just a little congested. 

5 hours ago, spider man said:

I love the little blue oranda. Blue orandas are my favorite goldfish. Just watch for fever, and difficulties with breathing are the two top symptoms of covid. Love your tank set up

I love blues as much as you. Always have. They are hard to find and many turn white with lemon heads and don't keep the blue... so we shall see how this little one does. Many also have those olive patches on them. This one has no olive bits, pure blue.

I feel much better today. I don't think it's COVID. No cough or fever... just some nasal congestion.

https://www.koisale.com/KoiStore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_184&products_id=9269

Why is a deformed fish missing a pelvic fin and with a crooked spine being sold for $900?

https://www.koisale.com/KoiStore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_184&products_id=10054

And a totally FUSED and curled deformed tail AND dorsal fin is being sold for $600.

If I tried to sell deformed fish like this for $$$, people would rip me to shreds for trying to scam buyers with my junk fish or true breeders would clown me for not knowing how to cull and pushing poor specimens into the hobby. 

I think Loki wants to be in charge of when the fish should be fed.  She looks like she is trying to tell me to feed the fish.

I don’t know why, but it seems Loki is more proactive about begging than Summers.  Is that normal?

I've gotten frozen brine shrimp and daphnia and whatnot and been feeding that to the goldies along with the Emerald Entrée - and the skinny shrimp petsmart goldies (Chewy and Crunchy) are putting on weight nicely. I actually don't feed frozen bloodworms much - as they really aren't that nutritious. Blackworms are better but I only have those in dried cubes. Shion is still the size champ but it'll be interesting to see how they do over the next few months.

I haven’t been very active recently so here’s a small photo dump from my last few weeks!

Beach on the Welsh coast, a walk with my niece and best friend in the district I’m originally from and 5th November fireworks!

Also been to gigs, had another broken down car and moved!

Now back to reality and bad weather. :donthit:

FE22B29F-1E77-4735-A9AC-89CCBBF68F06.jpeg

4BE22DDA-1AD3-46B5-8B51-F662A02F50AD.jpeg

15CE9437-2E5F-4E6B-9A53-E063C4C5F0A6.jpeg

This morning I thought Mr. Summers died.  I thought that because he wasn’t really moving.  I think right now he is looking for a good place to rest for the night.

do they actually sleep at night when the lights are off?  I never think to check when I wake up in the middle of the night.  Actually I’m more likely to think, why did I drink so much fluids before going to sleep.

Yes they sleep at night when the lights are off. Most fish just hover in one place in the water column. Some will sometimes rest on the bottom - but this is rare. When you turn the lights on - they tend to kinda JERK awake.

And we have another - Chewy. Today spotted many many bumps along  pectoral and a few on the gill plates. MALE confirmed as well!! So there are 3 confirmed males so far. Can't confirm Crunchy yet.

20211114_144458.jpg

20211114_144450.jpg