Open Chat 2

koko

37 minutes ago, hannah said:

Can’t wait to see the new fishy!

Me too! Tried to pick one near his size, shape, age, and gender so they'd be compatible and no spawns. 

• Helper

The new tank looks great!

I picked these guys up off someone on next-door.  They had outgrown their tank.  They said their son had wanted fish but they didn't realise how big they got. They are quarantining in my old small pond that I no longer have running full time, and will eventually go into the big pond. I'm sure they will love it.  The tank they were in was probably only about 30 litres or so. They already love the small pond which is about 600litres. The big pond is 1500 litres so will be paradise for them.

20211011_155726.jpg

20211011_155837.jpg

20211011_155849.jpg

• Helper
On 10/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

My fishie friends are well loved for food wise.  But neither of them want to lift a fin to clean the tank!

I know right?! If only they’d scrape their own glass and squeeze their own sponges!

19 minutes ago, PinkyBear said:

@mjfromga, why do you have everything on "N/A"? *Just asking*

When I originally stopped posting here before - I removed all my info and posted it as such. Forgot all about it - never changed it back. 

I almost forgot I about the major water change I’m doing.  There was a big build up of algae.  I have done an 80% water change with the fish in a bucket.  I scrubbed all the algae off with a brand new sponge.  It is hard for me to gauche the tap water temperature so I refilled the aquarium to get it back to room temperature.  I also rinsed off the filter cartridges and put them back.  The filter is running.

I didn’t do a hundred percent water change as I knew that the filter cartridges needed to be rinsed off.  The bio wheel wasn’t rinsed off though.

I bet Summers and Loki are impatient about me returning them to the tank, but I want to make sure they won’t die.

after dinner I will put a cup of the water in the tank into the bucket, maybe every 13 to 18 minutes for about 4 to 7 times?  Maybe I can do the first one now.  I was thinking of put water from bucket back into the aquarium.

10 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Ziggy  is beautiful!!

Thank you. I hope he does well here. He has a SLIGHT curl to one of his tail fins but other than that... he's a handsomeguy. His fins are a bit longer than I expected and he's a bit smaller than I expected but all good. I love his color so much.

25 minutes ago, Netta said:

He’s beautiful.  Would love to see him in tank.  Where did you get him?

Donetta

He is from Zhao's Fancies. His tank does not have a light as I don't have any lights left which is why I got his pics before I put him in. But I will try to swap a light over to take his pic in his tank.

Thank you!   You probably don’t remember me, but you helped me with a pair of little goldies I had some years back.  I don’t post much, but I follow and enjoy reading about the little fishies.  

Donetta

On 10/19/2021 at 8:16 PM, Netta said:

Thank you!   You probably don’t remember me, but you helped me with a pair of little goldies I had some years back.  I don’t post much, but I follow and enjoy reading about the little fishies.  

Donetta

I ended up putting Ziggy in with Shion yesterday as I have been working doubles and my tanks are falling behind in maintenance. I am at work right now writing this - doing a 12 (got one tomorrow as well).

It sucks that I didn't get to quarantine as long as I like but hopefully they'll be okay. Ziggy has seemed strong even though it was hard as can be to SEE him in the tank - and I will try and keep an eye out. I have two PetSmart weaklings that I have had in quarantine for 2 weeks that will also go with them until spring - then I will move them outside. Ziggy and Shion I want to keep as display fish.

I'll get you some video tomorrow if I get a chance. Monday if not tomorrow. And I do remember you. Hope all has been well. 

When I take either Loki or Summers out of their habitat to do a deep cleaning, they get so upset, and thrash around in the net as if they are a fish out of water.

They are probably glad I don’t do that too often!

I am thinking of doing NaNoWriMo this year (that is attempt to write a novel in November while other people are attempting the same)

I am thinking of one of my characters to be based sort of on my Loki

8DC64EC1-1850-4ADF-8463-AE166B6CAA42.thumb.jpeg.28e1bc6300f8f09a091e4b9aa0a67d81.jpeg

But somehow more interesting to write.  As the real Loki has a goldfish life.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, mjfromga said:

I ended up putting Ziggy in with Shion yesterday as I have been working doubles and my tanks are falling behind in maintenance. I am at work right now writing this - doing a 12 (got one tomorrow as well).

It sucks that I didn't get to quarantine as long as I like but hopefully they'll be okay. Ziggy has seemed strong even though it was hard as can be to SEE him in the tank - and I will try and keep an eye out. I have two PetSmart weaklings that I have had in quarantine for 2 weeks that will also go with them until spring - then I will move them outside. Ziggy and Shion I want to keep as display fish.

I'll get you some video tomorrow if I get a chance. Monday if not tomorrow. And I do remember you. Hope all has been well. 

Good to hear from on you.  Dang you working hard!

It’s always exciting getting new fish.  Hopefully it all works out for you.  I look forward to seeing the video.  

Glad you remember me.  You sure helped me out a bunch.  I just got a new fish.  I’ve had him almost four weeks.  He seems to be doing great.  This is really the first goldfish that seems to be working out.  Hope it stays like that.  He is just a joy.  I haven’t named him yet,  been kind of waiting to see how he does I guess.  I’ll start thinking of names.  

I want to attach a video, but they say it’s the wrong extension.  I have an IPhone.  How do you work that out?

keep us updated 😀

Donetta

1 hour ago, Netta said:

Good to hear from on you.  Dang you working hard!

It’s always exciting getting new fish.  Hopefully it all works out for you.  I look forward to seeing the video.  

Glad you remember me.  You sure helped me out a bunch.  I just got a new fish.  I’ve had him almost four weeks.  He seems to be doing great.  This is really the first goldfish that seems to be working out.  Hope it stays like that.  He is just a joy.  I haven’t named him yet,  been kind of waiting to see how he does I guess.  I’ll start thinking of names.  

I want to attach a video, but they say it’s the wrong extension.  I have an IPhone.  How do you work that out?

keep us updated 😀

Donetta

You will need to upload to YouTube and paste the link here. I'm at work now lol. Ziggy LOVES Shion and follows him everywhere. Shion has always been a hyper ADHD fish and still is.

They look cute together.  I’m waiting on a friend too.  Should be here in a couple weeks.  I’m still working on the set up.

I like the plants.  Maybe I can upgrade later on.    I’ve had plants in the past, but my water is really hard so I would cut it with RO at 50%.  I don’t feel like doing all that right now.  Just trying to get everyone settled in.

I’m going to shoot my video.  It’s dark now and my image keeps showing up in the black background.  I’ll try later in the daytime and post.

Ttyl

Donetta

The two scrawny PetSmart weaklings will be with them next week. They've been doing so well. I'll probably put the young Wakin outside in spring if he makes it through the winter in the tank. The tank won't have any trouble handling the bio of 4 small fish for 6 months or so. I'll still do the 90% weekly changes in there so I can feed them as they need.