Open Chat 2

koko

I just realized today that I put the stand my aquarium is on too close to the outlet next to it.  I can’t use that outlet because of that.  I just moved a couple weeks ago I think?  I can’t remember how long ago but it wasn’t too long.

I couldn’t remember when the last time I fed my fish.  I know it wasn’t today or yesterday, so I just fed them.  I need to talk to my doctor about this and other things bothering me.

both Summers and Loki are happy to see food.

4 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Just checked water temps and they are a tad too cold.  Do I need a heater?

Too cold for goldfish is very low, unless you have floaty fancies that may do better in warmer water I wouldn’t worry. 

• Helper

Some quick phone photos of my pondies. Computer problems make it hard to upload nicer photos from my computer at the moment. Water is very green but they like it. Everyone except for Herbie (Comet covered with tumors) and Arty (Colourful Shubunkin) were born hereimage.thumb.png.fdbdfc49d67ab462d818b169651290b4.pngimage.thumb.png.9f9d06441bb3900d26a6972fc6087f9d.pngimage.thumb.png.5c7f12564e56c2a327a12be34a518741.png
image.thumb.png.d3a04abb54e77b3454fa41f7bb26ab43.png
image.png.1fb2875c72c696232227679add91114e.png

I can’t see my fish food, but it is probably behind the aquarium.

I just checked and I was right.  They aren’t hungry but I need to figure out how to get to the food soon?

I like watching my adopted son (Summers) and daughter (Loki) swim.  They swim like goldfish which I don’t find a bit fishy.  Except I just saw Summers swim a little bit upside down, but he corrected himself before I could react.

• Admin
On 10/2/2021 at 6:30 AM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Just checked water temps and they are a tad too cold.  Do I need a heater?

My tank hasn't had a heater in it at all. Zac was raised with no heater. I don't believe goldfish should have them unless the fish really needs one for like diseases and such. 

Aaand my 55G is leaking. :wall Luckily it should be fairly simple to reseal but I have to figure out temporary housing til then!

Why do they like bananas so much?  Is it because they love to eat or that the bananas taste good to them?

I would ask them, but every time I ask anything they stare at me and gap their mouth like fish.

Shion getting tank upgrade soon. Got a bomb deal on this tank. I don't like the 55 for my favorite deep bodied fish as sometimes they struggle in them - but I think Shion and another longer bodied Oranda will do fine here. I ordered him a friend to QT and we shall see how it all goes. 

20211011_121920.jpg

• Admin

Im laughing cause he looks so small now in that tank. I just goes to show you just how big these guys get. 😮 

46 minutes ago, koko said:

Im laughing cause he looks so small now in that tank. I just goes to show you just how big these guys get. 😮 

He isn't a large fish - I don't feed for major growth. But he seems happy in this tank for now. He has a friend on the way too. Hopefully all goes well.

8 hours ago, mjfromga said:

He isn't a large fish - I don't feed for major growth. But he seems happy in this tank for now. He has a friend on the way too. Hopefully all goes well.

Can’t wait to see the new fishy!