Open Chat 2

koko

• Admin
1 hour ago, hannah said:

Yeah, they’re doing great, it only bothers me that I can’t see them properly until they come up to the glass. ;)

Salem says thank you! He’s a broadtail moor, my lucky £20 find! :heart

Yup, the only spot I had was right by a window. After a big water change and rinsing the filter floss it clears up, then we’re back to square one the next day. :rofl

Thats me... What kind of light on the tank? 

15 hours ago, koko said:

Thats me... What kind of light on the tank? 

A LED plant light… but my plants got destroyed which doesn’t help the situation. :rofl

05FF82AB-99D7-4404-8195-C1BF67FBC551.thumb.jpeg.5327c408545d81a36a21ae5ff7ebae9f.jpeg

actually green water is very beneficial for goldfish but I understand you do no like it in your tank. Try cutting back on your feeding and the amount of time you keep the lights on 

@hannah

Here are those lily bulbs now. I had gotten 2 more since one of the original ones didn't sprout at all but the other one went crazy. I think they ARE the plant you spoke of. Hopefully they keep doing well.20210909_112436.thumb.jpg.339be6ff3034a87fde1defe63960e544.jpg20210909_112459.thumb.jpg.db6ca73bb1232ceb33e2a5db82c650ce.jpg

Definitely looks like Nymphaea Zenkeri. The original bulbs may just be dormant (if they feel firm). If they feel mushy they’re dead.

7 minutes ago, hannah said:

Definitely looks like Nymphaea Zenkeri. The original bulbs may just be dormant (if they feel firm). If they feel mushy they’re dead.

Only one bulb never sprouted. The other 3 definitely are. I will take out the one that isn't sprouting and feel it to see if it is still alive. Didn't know that little tip! If it's dead may as well remove it.

5 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Only one bulb never sprouted. The other 3 definitely are. I will take out the one that isn't sprouting and feel it to see if it is still alive. Didn't know that little tip! If it's dead may as well remove it.

Yeah, I didn’t read it properly it seems. :rofl

If I remember correctly they originate in areas that dry out seasonally. I did read somewhere that putting them in a bag, keeping them damp for a while then returning them to the tank can prompt them to sprout again. Might be worth a quick search. :)

Got 2 nerites today… they’re munching through the diatoms like no tomorrow!

F8B143C7-1945-4343-914A-53E661468DD2.jpeg

• Admin
On 9/9/2021 at 5:38 AM, hannah said:

A LED plant light… but my plants got destroyed which doesn’t help the situation. :rofl

05FF82AB-99D7-4404-8195-C1BF67FBC551.thumb.jpeg.5327c408545d81a36a21ae5ff7ebae9f.jpeg

What is your LED light? is it the FLUVAL LED? If so you can change it to just be green light all day. :) 

19 hours ago, koko said:

What is your LED light? is it the FLUVAL LED? If so you can change it to just be green light all day. :) 

No not Fluval. Sadly no green setting!

Shion today on water change day... with a bit of MARY at the end. I only use the VITACHEM for Shion btw. And by the time that bottle is gone - he will be old enough to not need it I think.

Is it possible for a goldfish to see several yards from their aquarium.  Last night, I sat up in my bed for a hot minute or two.  I could swear that Loki noticed it and started to beg for food.  There are other times that it seems Loki could watch me around my room.

• Helper
17 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Shion today on water change day... with a bit of MARY at the end. I only use the VITACHEM for Shion btw. And by the time that bottle is gone - he will be old enough to not need it I think.

I haven’t ever heard of vitachem, but the fish both look lovely! Very nice planted tank with Shion too, it can be so tough to maintain landscaping with a goldfish.

• Helper
1 hour ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Is it possible for a goldfish to see several yards from their aquarium.  Last night, I sat up in my bed for a hot minute or two.  I could swear that Loki noticed it and started to beg for food.  There are other times that it seems Loki could watch me around my room.

I’m really not sure what the perceptive range is, but our goldfish can see us at least across the living room. I don’t know if it is our steps or size or whatever but they know when DIFFERENT people come to the tank, because they heave differently for my kids or husband than me. If they see me walk by they begin their hungry dance. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I just got up to adjust my tv antenna and that isn’t working well.  Loki and Summers aren’t begging yet but Loki is alert,

Loki is now starting to do active begging dance, but she can do better.

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I haven’t ever heard of vitachem, but the fish both look lovely! Very nice planted tank with Shion too, it can be so tough to maintain landscaping with a goldfish.

Why thank you! He sometimes moves around some of the weighted plants but not too much.  Had him about a month and he's grown a LITTLE bit and gotten a little bit more color and a little bit more wen, so I think all is well for now. Mary is just a big stinker!!

4 hours ago, Black said:

Hi. It’s been a while.

Welcome back! How are you?

• Supporter
6 hours ago, Black said:

Hi. It’s been a while.

Hey! Its good to see you xx

17 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

When I had a tank in my bedroom, the first morning I woke up after moving the fish into there one of them was staring right at me. I'm sure he was wondering why I was just laying there and not moving around and feeding them 🤣