Open Chat 2

koko

10 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Yea it  BBA, something I've never been able to get rid of lol.

My tank sits at around 22-23 celsius, gets higher in summer.

Normally I mostly get eggs in my pond but they haven't bred for a while, the tank has been really active with breeding the past month or so though

I have the same issue with diatoms so I get it lol. I got some Nerites and they got up a lot of it... but they can't get it off everything and it always comes back. Oh well! Doesn't harm the fish so I don't stress about it. Little Shion and even Mary seem oblivious to it.

Looks like the key to plant retention is to just put too many for him to eat lol. Made a few changes to his tank. He seems a happy little dude for now. I don't feed him much at all. I never feed for growth, he gets 2 small feedings per day. He can eat anything else he wants from the plants in his tank.

I tried putting too many plants to eat. It didn't work, they destroyed everything.. It was a literal forest of java ferns and they decimated the whole thing in about half a year. 😂

Gosh don't jinx me lol. He's just one small goldie so hopefully he will be a good boy. The reddish bacopa he doesn't like. He only likes the broad leafed plant and the water sprite... so maybe he won't eat everything and be bad like that 

• Admin

You guys know you can change the background of the forum? I had it on goldfish now I have it on purple. lol

• Helper
1 hour ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Yep it is postponed again.

Oh no! What keeps causing issues? That’s frustrating :(

• Helper
17 hours ago, koko said:

You guys know you can change the background of the forum? I had it on goldfish now I have it on purple. lol

Nope. Had NO idea 😅

• Admin
On 9/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, mjfromga said:

Looks like the key to plant retention is to just put too many for him to eat lol. Made a few changes to his tank. He seems a happy little dude for now. I don't feed him much at all. I never feed for growth, he gets 2 small feedings per day. He can eat anything else he wants from the plants in his tank.

Hes looking very well groomed now. :) 

2 hours ago, koko said:

Hes looking very well groomed now. :) 

Thank you!! I sure love him - I hope he grows a cute wen and whatnot in a few months. So far he is doing quite well.

• Admin
12 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Thank you!! I sure love him - I hope he grows a cute wen and whatnot in a few months. So far he is doing quite well.

Whats wrong?

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Whats wrong?

Nothing is wrong. They had some parasites when I got them and his tank mate didn't survive... but I treated him and he seems totally healthy and doing well. Just hoping it continues.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Nothing is wrong. They had some parasites when I got them and his tank mate didn't survive... but I treated him and he seems totally healthy and doing well. Just hoping it continues.

I hope so too. Most of the goldfish that I see here are not in good shape at all. :( 

Kind of accepting the fact this tank is never going to be anything but pea soup. 🤣8592936F-AB4C-479C-8C6A-018F05D51DD5.thumb.jpeg.c48599d2ba54401a126ce0fd7d2fb3dc.jpeg

• Admin
9 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

image.thumb.png.3eb72890f99b574401dc9772964d6a9e.png

Babies!

7 hours ago, hannah said:

Kind of accepting the fact this tank is never going to be anything but pea soup. 🤣8592936F-AB4C-479C-8C6A-018F05D51DD5.thumb.jpeg.c48599d2ba54401a126ce0fd7d2fb3dc.jpeg

Do you get any sunlight that comes in that tank?

My tank does this every Fall. Its already starting to get green again 😮

So what I do....... either will turn the lights off for a few days or I will switch the lights to only green. :)

5 hours ago, mjfromga said:

A strong UV sterilizer will clear it up, to the detriment of the fish. Goldfish always do better in green water.

Yeah, they’re doing great, it only bothers me that I can’t see them properly until they come up to the glass. ;)

2 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Your moor has a beautiful tail!

Salem says thank you! He’s a broadtail moor, my lucky £20 find! :heart

2 hours ago, koko said:

Do you get any sunlight that comes in that tank?

My tank does this every Fall. Its already starting to get green again 😮

So what I do....... either will turn the lights off for a few days or I will switch the lights to only green. :)

Yup, the only spot I had was right by a window. After a big water change and rinsing the filter floss it clears up, then we’re back to square one the next day. :rofl