Open Chat 2

koko

• Admin

When I had a pond by fry did so well in a green pond. Green water is great for goldfish. 👍

I had 5 adult fancies. 2 ryukins both males, 3 orandas - 2 males and a female. There were also 2 adult shubunkins, one standard type male and one London type female. There were 3 or 4 tiny baby single tails that were born in there and survived in early spring too. All smallish/medium sized. So I shall be doing a headcount this weekend during the clean. 

Long time no see, friends! I've finally given up on real plants, they win. 😆 Also I love what you've done with the forum!!! 

• Admin
8 hours ago, Chai said:

Long time no see, friends! I've finally given up on real plants, they win. 😆 Also I love what you've done with the forum!!! 

Well 👋 hello there. How are you doing? 

13 hours ago, koko said:

Well 👋 hello there. How are you doing? 

Doing good! Got a new Ranchu somewhat recently that I had to drive 3 hours to get (and 3 hours back), going through a train station and all, which gave me some big anxiety. She was worth it, though! How are you? :D 

2 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Hi! Good to see you!

Hiii! Nice to still see familiar faces here.🥰 I've tried to find discords to hang out in to talk about fish but the community is never as nice as here so I recovered pass to come back. 

Here's my new lady, she seems to be from China according to the goldfish store I visited, and she was in a pond with many other beautiful TVRs. Ironically enough, I rarely get to appreciate her fantastic top view but I love her regardless. 
(Swapping out these horrendous neon green plants today for some fake bamboo that looks a lot better hahahaa.)
image0.jpgimage1.jpg

Thank you! I'm very happy with her, she's so gentle and friendly. It took a while for her to get used to being able to see people since she was in a pond before. 😆

Few of the fishies before putting them back into their home after I cleaned it. Still a bit green but waaaaay better. All adults and single tail babies found. Yay.

How do I tell Summers and Loki that we will be moving Monday or Tuesday?

543A1A63-89BC-4A05-9EF4-90D1D0EA1C88.thumb.jpeg.d8eceda9b640ec9419fd3777007873a6.jpeg

I have a nice 5 gallon bucket for them to travel in.

4B466CD5-0D4D-44F0-95C5-14A39F22B81D.thumb.jpeg.78b2d589ec4216006ef7610b697aef9b.jpeg

they won’t like it.

83ECD095-7BF1-4384-AE19-C30EE61018D0.thumb.jpeg.62999e89e10e7ba07d262950781ab421.jpeg

They will hate the net

29B654D5-8055-4325-BB46-A880C9B4F8B0.thumb.jpeg.95dd97ab6decc03ed7c73531cc5ef060.jpeg

they won’t like the swimming space in a five gallon bucket

43513573-07E5-4FDF-A8B9-3CC12A1EF26B.thumb.jpeg.483481e2517f613919a9ffa647f243c6.jpeg

but I can’t leave them behind when I move

4286FC8E-0D5A-4A93-A667-DCB3E2F2989D.thumb.jpeg.fb5804fe687cb0879be1943f07e25f63.jpeg

How do I let them know we are moving either Monday or Tuesday?

I have to move soon too, I’m dreading it! At least I’ll be back in an area with hard water again, no more having to buffer soft water. :rockon

This is Shions tank today. He doesn't bother the reddish plants and barely picks at the bacopa. He picks at the water sprite a little and he LOVES the leaves of whatever that large plant is. The anubis he leaves alone and he doesn't bother the bulb thingies.

And I may be just tripping, but I SWEAR I see a little growth on him from his first video HERE.

10 minutes ago, spider man said:

Hey Cali,  Sorry for the loss of your cat. Is that fish one of Zhaos fish or lfs. Either way he is a nice sakura

I found him at a LFS that opened a ways away from me. I had gotten two. They had parasites and only this one survived. Makes sense as it was an Asian owned shop and he said they JUST got the fish in (they didn't even have prices yet and I had to ask). But he seems strong and healthy now after treatment. He was sold as a fantail (the proper orandas were way more) but I saw a tiny headgrowth on him so I got him and hoped I could grow a tiny wen on him. I love the clear/jade headgrowths. 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:08 PM, mjfromga said:

Few of the fishies before putting them back into their home after I cleaned it. Still a bit green but waaaaay better. All adults and single tail babies found. Yay.

They are beautiful! 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:23 AM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

How do I tell Summers and Loki that we will be moving Monday or Tuesday?

I have a nice 5 gallon bucket for them to travel in.

they won’t like it.

They will hate the net

they won’t like the swimming space in a five gallon bucket

but I can’t leave them behind when I move

How do I let them know we are moving either Monday or Tuesday?

At least it is only temporary ❤️ Good luck with your move!!! 

Gosh you stay with eggs! Your tanks must be kept fairly warm generally. I have only ONE indoor fish so I don't think I will get eggs. I'm hoping the fish turns out to be male. Males tend to be quite a bit hardier in my opinion. Is that black brush algae?

Medaka fry is still doing great! :heart

7F99EFE9-70AB-44C0-A7AD-1D64A0AD355F.thumb.jpeg.838d61ccfd02e8df6e5495f944b0b76f.jpeg

Also I pulled a tonne of plants out of my 10G, now I have diatoms. 😭

CAEE2113-70C5-4B2B-B66E-4D30F13CF48F.thumb.jpeg.783f996aa13e282e3675107fad00b1f4.jpeg

• Supporter
17 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Gosh you stay with eggs! Your tanks must be kept fairly warm generally. I have only ONE indoor fish so I don't think I will get eggs. I'm hoping the fish turns out to be male. Males tend to be quite a bit hardier in my opinion. Is that black brush algae?

Yea it  BBA, something I've never been able to get rid of lol.

My tank sits at around 22-23 celsius, gets higher in summer.

Normally I mostly get eggs in my pond but they haven't bred for a while, the tank has been really active with breeding the past month or so though