Open Chat 2

koko

Every time I put fish food in my aquarium both Summers and Loki think I’m trying to feed them.  They end up eating the food without apparently thinking it over.

I will not shut up about my new baby. :rofl

F0B85D1D-A55E-4C0B-89FD-043249D63A3A.jpeg

Made some changes to Shions tank. He is doing pretty well. He doesn't bother the Bacopa plants nearly as much as the other plant. Hopefully it'll do well.

Japanese Ricefish (medaka) I’m pretty sure. :)

• Helper
2 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I started to prepare peas for my friend’s lunch but forgot to give it to them.   Guess they don’t mind missing lunch?

Haha, I forget to feed my gosh regularly more than I’d like. Bedtime feed is always at the same time but the midday/morning feed shifts around wildly depending on what time of day I remember to do it 

• Helper
16 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Made some changes to Shions tank. He is doing pretty well. He doesn't bother the Bacopa plants nearly as much as the other plant. Hopefully it'll do well.

It’s frustrating because different fish have a taste for different plants. Finding some my whole crew won’t chew or uproot was time consuming!

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

It’s frustrating because different fish have a taste for different plants. Finding some my whole crew won’t chew or uproot was time consuming!

Thankfully it's just Shion in this tank now. No point in another fish since it is a 20 long but hopefully he will not destroy these. I hope the weird little mini lilies I got grow.

Ooo what lilies did you get? :)

4 hours ago, hannah said:

Ooo what lilies did you get? :)

You know what?? I don't know! I will go back and look. I just saw 2 mini lily bulbs for $6 so I got them and tossed them in his tank.

Might be this one then, they’re one of my fav plants! I had one years ago that got destroyed by my singletails, but I started this one off in a goldfish tank and my moor left it alone besides pushing the bulb around a bit. ;)

1F50D1C8-54B6-454F-8060-5FA76E6FED99.jpeg

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

Those are so pretty. Maybe mine will grow like that. I hope so!!

You can easily propagate them too, once it’s established a good root system just pull the plant away from the bulb. The bulb usually goes dormant but should regrow after a while. They’re nutrient hogs so they’ll absolutely love a goldfish tank. :rofl

• Admin
On 8/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Why do I have a habit of getting into expensive hobbies? 

:lol:

• Admin
On 8/22/2021 at 7:55 AM, hannah said:

Might be this one then, they’re one of my fav plants! I had one years ago that got destroyed by my singletails, but I started this one off in a goldfish tank and my moor left it alone besides pushing the bulb around a bit. ;)

1F50D1C8-54B6-454F-8060-5FA76E6FED99.jpeg

My goldfish generally leave this plant alone too. I love these in the tall tanks 🥰

One bulb is sprouting very well... the other barely... but I will give it time. There is a little white stuff/fungus on them that you oftentimes see on newly added driftwood. I added a little water sprite... let's see if the stinky little fish eats it. Probably will.

• Helper

First day of the new school year at this morning and Benny decided it would be cool to throw up his breakfast all over the rug. He doesn’t do it very often anymore but something tripped his gag reflex, so that’s as thirty minutes of my life lost to another bath and cleaning his leg braces too. The baby self like garbage last night as well so it was rough, but I am 80% done with school for the 3rd and 5th graders, the 1st grader is complete, and the 8th and 9th graders left for their tutorial at 7 this morning.

So…. Success I think? I should be done with everyone who needs help by noon. Then nap time!

And here is a video today I shot of my other goldfish holding. This is why I wanted one indoors. My goldfish seem to do soooooooo much better in this pea soup that I won't take it from them just so I can see them more. But I get glimpses of them now and then. But season over with so time to clean it out soon.