Open Chat 2

koko

• Supporter

Aw sorry you lost Miyuki. 

We added this little girl to our family today. She's 6 months old. Her name is Bronny. Got her from the Shelter.

image.thumb.png.6f4ed84649a22938e6aa91243cc9e6e4.pngimage.thumb.png.86fbe9548f51bfca71d9ce82fb39c78d.png

Aww she reminds me of our Blue we just lost. Super cute. And yeah I kinda saw him going downhill. Hopefully Shion does okay. He is eating up the lovely plant I put there. So frustrating.

13 hours ago, koko said:

Dang 😮 lol Did the Hedge jump out at ya lol 

I was 17 and still a learner, my dad sat with his head in his hands for a good 10 minutes and then insisted on driving home. Apparently I forgot which one was the brake pedal. :rofl

Sorry about Miyuki. Hopefully Shion will continue to do much better!

Apparently my fishie friends like it when I have bananas for my smoothies.  They get some of the banana when I make a smoothie.  I don’t always have bananas on hand so I don’t mind spoiling them a couple days in a row with banana pieces.

The main reasons I don’t have bananas that often is the following: transportation is difficult, bananas go bad fast, and my housemates seem to love to steal my bananas without apparently replacing them.

I don’t have a car for several years which is why transportation is difficult.  Also I don’t live in an area with good public transportation.  I rely mainly on one dude who only helps every so often.  

I forgot to mention I don’t always have enough money to get them every week

Bananas are so disgusting to me. My mom even told me that I would not eat banana flavored baby food. I was literally BORN hating bananas lol

My 2 year old niece is the polar opposite… she’d replace every meal with them if she could. 

Wow Koko! That looks amazing.

Koi clay and big water changes for the hard water fishes.

5B162B54-7EE3-44E9-95A7-6B740EC4FD96.jpeg

I fed Shion a few micro pellets and she really is hilarious to watch. I do miss being able to actually WATCH my fish. She is a hyper little fish. The plant has been completely decimated... Oh well. Looks like she will not be one of the ones that leave plants alone.

• Admin

It's so funny how active they are when they are babies and then slow down when they get old. She sure is a cute and funny little one. 🥰

22 minutes ago, koko said:

It's so funny how active they are when they are babies and then slow down when they get old. She sure is a cute and funny little one. 🥰

Exactly. I did a 90% water change today for her POOPY self and added some new live plants. With any luck - she won't like these. She totally MUNCHED the other one. It barely has any leaves left and will probably just die soon.

I had bought this filter to add to the little goldfish tank along with her aquaclear 20, but the filter is cracked so I have to return it. 

20210812_154814.jpg

• Admin
13 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Exactly. I did a 90% water change today for her POOPY self and added some new live plants. With any luck - she won't like these. She totally MUNCHED the other one. It barely has any leaves left and will probably just die soon.

You know try Java Fern. That one has always been a good one for me with goldfish. :)

• Admin
1 minute ago, mjfromga said:

I had bought this filter to add to the little goldfish tank along with her aquaclear 20, but the filter is cracked so I have to return it. 

20210812_154814.jpg

DANG! 😮 

15 minutes ago, koko said:

You know try Java Fern. That one has always been a good one for me with goldfish. :)

I have always killed those lol. I may try them again.

48 minutes ago, hannah said:

I always seem to kill Java Fern too. :huh:

Glad to know I am not alone. I can keep certain other plants alive... But not Java ferns. They always just withered away and died.

• Admin
6 hours ago, hannah said:

I always seem to kill Java Fern too. :huh:

6 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Glad to know I am not alone. I can keep certain other plants alive... But not Java ferns. They always just withered away and died.

How? They just like to float in my tank. I just buy the Petco's All sealed in a jar thingy and rinse and plop them in. :) 

• Admin

I can't kill mine. They are just get to big, unless I leave them in the pond over the winter 😮 

Java Fern is a pretty temperamental plant, In high light you have to get nutrient dosage right. I’ve had it survive in a low tech betta tank but that’s it. There’s also been cases of people losing an entire tank of it when introducing a new plant. :hummm

Spotted a tiny little medaka fry in my 2.5g snail tank after chucking some floating plants in! 2 days and still going strong. :)