Open Chat 2

koko

Water check on goldies to see where things are. They were given the guppy filter full of media that has been running since 2020 and the media was from Mary's tank which has been running for years. Trace nitrate and no ammonia or nitrite so it looks good. I was watching for a bump. Only feeding them once per day for now to try and prevent a bump... But their second filter will be here today so I think they are set. 

20210803_125644.jpg

20210803_130231.jpg

20210803_130640.jpg

Today’s been eventful. Six hours off finishing my back tattoo which has been 18+ months in the making! :carrot:

Also sold my first bunch of aquatic plants yesterday and got them posted out today! On a sad note I lost a female guppy today after losing my male which now leaves just the one female. :no:

We lost our old cat Blue today. Her euthanasia appointment was tomorrow but she didn't make it. She was over 20 years old and we did love her. I made a final video of her but admittedly it is hard to watch for some. But I tried to comfort her a little in what turned out to be her final moments.

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED. SICK/ DYING ANIMAL

https://youtu.be/mXzWtPoKrb8

Thank you ladies - sucks that she is gone but she is free of pain now. We were prepared for it so it did soften the blow a lot. We will miss her still.

• Supporter

Even been prepared it still hurts :(
When we lost our 16 year old dog last year I knew it was coming but was still hard.  Had him over half my life! Lost our 12 year old cat suddenly a month ago too. Took her to the vet thinking it was just some minor thing only to find out it was something much worse and we were forced to make decisions. 

On a cheerier note my anubias finally flowered, my first time having a flower on one!

image.thumb.png.1ac8b454128877b1861c02e5482a04b9.png

• Admin
On 8/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, hannah said:

Today’s been eventful. Six hours off finishing my back tattoo which has been 18+ months in the making! :carrot:

Also sold my first bunch of aquatic plants yesterday and got them posted out today! On a sad note I lost a female guppy today after losing my male which now leaves just the one female. :no:

I was reading this and saying yeah.. yeah and then Boo. That sure would be a rollercoaster day for sure 😮 

• Admin
On 8/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, mjfromga said:

We lost our old cat Blue today. Her euthanasia appointment was tomorrow but she didn't make it. She was over 20 years old and we did love her. I made a final video of her but admittedly it is hard to watch for some. But I tried to comfort her a little in what turned out to be her final moments.

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED. SICK/ DYING ANIMAL

https://youtu.be/mXzWtPoKrb8

I am so sorry MJ. This is never easy at all. I still cry when I think of my Odie :( 

The two new fish were looking not great before I left. A bit clampy etc. Their water is perfect and I have no clue as to what could be wrong with them. I just have ALWAYS had bad outcomes with indoor goldfish. If they don't make it, I will use the tank for tropicals. I am not throwing meds at them etc. Waste of money and time. I cannot even spot what is wrong.

• Admin
9 hours ago, mjfromga said:

The two new fish were looking not great before I left. A bit clampy etc. Their water is perfect and I have no clue as to what could be wrong with them. I just have ALWAYS had bad outcomes with indoor goldfish. If they don't make it, I will use the tank for tropicals. I am not throwing meds at them etc. Waste of money and time. I cannot even spot what is wrong.

Have you Prazi or General Cure them? I normally do with my fish once a year and when I get a new one do the same thing. :) 

These days, I do not use antibiotics with fish. It is harmful to the environment, this is why fish antibiotics are illegal in most countries. I will add a little salt. Shion looks totally fine today but Miyuki still looks pekid. Maybe he will bounce back.

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

These days, I do not use antibiotics with fish. It is harmful to the environment, this is why fish antibiotics are illegal in most countries. I will add a little salt. Shion looks totally fine today but Miyuki still looks pekid. Maybe he will bounce back.

I know mine get pouty over silly things sometimes. Fingers crossed it’s nothing serious!

Yeah I hope not. The orange one Shion looks good. It is the calico one that doesn't look good. Visually there are no problems I can see with him. He is just clamped up and drifty.

I got a new phone.  My room is dark because my lights are on an automatic timer.  For some reason the light of the screen is too dark for me to really read it well in this darkness.

oh wow I just found the brightness dial thing.  Now it is easier to read.  Now to go find the night time settings so I can filter out the blue light that probably keeps one up.

They seem fin flicky and darty and clampy etc. The shop did say they JUST got them in... So maybe they have body or gill flukes. I have a microscope so I will see if I can check for them. Flukes don't need an antibiotic so I can try and treat for that.

51 minutes ago, koko said:

Can someone please send me some rain. I am so so sick of 100F weather. :( 

I’d happily send you some. I aquaplaned whilst driving yesterday, it was terrifying! 

• Admin
10 hours ago, hannah said:

I’d happily send you some. I aquaplaned whilst driving yesterday, it was terrifying! 

Well thats no fun at all. I got enough rain this morning to make it smell good. Man, I need some rain 🥺

• Supporter

I've had a couple of accidents with my car in the past week, I feel so dumb. Both were hitting stationary objects rather than another car but damaged my car and looked like an idiot :doh11:

The day I bought my first car I landed it in a hedge. :peeka

Just had to get rid of my last one as the clutch and gearbox had had it, then nearly wrote off the one I just bought. :doh11:

• Admin
18 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I've had a couple of accidents with my car in the past week, I feel so dumb. Both were hitting stationary objects rather than another car but damaged my car and looked like an idiot :doh11:

DUDE!! 😮 I been fortunate that I have only hit a shopping cart once with my QX4 :lol: I put it there told my mom to remind me that I put it there. Well we both forgot and it dented the bumper. 

12 hours ago, hannah said:

The day I bought my first car I landed it in a hedge. :peeka

Just had to get rid of my last one as the clutch and gearbox had had it, then nearly wrote off the one I just bought. :doh11:

Dang 😮 lol Did the Hedge jump out at ya lol 

Down to just Shion. He looks and acts pretty healthy but because Miyuki was so sick with what appeared to be parasites, and he is a little DARTY sometimes... I will treat him for parasites. Their water quality is STILL excellent. These Asian bought goldfish just are a gamble sometimes.

If Shion doesn't do well - I will probably go back to tropicals. I hate when little fish die on me. And this MESSPOT of a fish destroyed (ate) my big pretty plant within 2 days that did SO WELL in the guppy tank for months and months...

I am remembering now why I dislike indoor goldies.... Omg. But the tank is large enough for him to stay alone if he does well so we shall see.