Open Chat 2

koko

I like them! :heart I definitely see what you mean about the wens.

It is dinner time so very difficult to take photos of my friends.IMG_20210731_164746.thumb.jpg.80527b13aed20755e70b589771d26bc8.jpg

I think I found a great way to make organic water.  Not sure what to do with it.  Is it good for watering plants?

I know how to collect the water with a siphon.  It is full of great healthy bacteria (and also organic waste.)

44 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

It is dinner time so very difficult to take photos of my friends.IMG_20210731_164746.thumb.jpg.80527b13aed20755e70b589771d26bc8.jpg

I think I found a great way to make organic water.  Not sure what to do with it.  Is it good for watering plants?

I know how to collect the water with a siphon.  It is full of great healthy bacteria (and also organic waste.)

Fish tank water is great for plants. Free fertiliser! :)

8 hours ago, hannah said:

I like them! :heart I definitely see what you mean about the wens.

I will get some clearer pics or footage once they have light but they definitely have dinky little wens so I hope maybe they grow cute small wens.

3 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I'm getting the desire to get a five gallon guppy tank.  Please talk me out of it!

DON'T DO IT!! I got a 10 gallon with 15 tiny fry last December. Turned into an EXPLOSION of hundreds of excess fish. Giving away the entire setup this week. Unable to keep the numbers down, tank conditions are too crowded and hostile... So I found someone with many tanks that can separate them etc

No - they are no better. I say AVOID live bearers if you don't have means of separating them or controlling numbers. That tank size is a bit small for them anyway. Maybe go with a betta.

10 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

No - they are no better. I say AVOID live bearers if you don't have means of separating them or controlling numbers. That tank size is a bit small for them anyway. Maybe go with a betta.

I'm thinking of instead of getting a new tank for platies I would get a bigger tank for Summers and Loki and use the twenty high for live bearers!

13 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I'm thinking of instead of getting a new tank for platies I would get a bigger tank for Summers and Loki and use the twenty high for live bearers!

Sounds good. In your photo, though the quality is low... The fish appears to be a Ryukin. So a longer tank than a 20 gallon HIGH would be a lovely gift for him. And then a 20 is definitely okay for livebearers. You'll still have to watch for excess breeding but at least it is spacious.

My boyfriend informed me that platies aren't real.  I asked him if I should get plates or platies, he said plates because he thought platies don't exist.

I think platies are real, though.

Goodeid livebearers may be an option, it’s generally easier to keep their numbers under control than species like guppies and endlers.

• Admin
20 hours ago, mjfromga said:

I will get some clearer pics or footage once they have light but they definitely have dinky little wens so I hope maybe they grow cute small wens.

They look cute. 🥰

Are you looking for just girls or boys or one of each? Just wonder :) 

9 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I'm getting the desire to get a five gallon guppy tank.  Please talk me out of it!

NO WAY! That is way way to small for those kinds of fish. They breed like rats. 😮 

• Helper

Yeah I’d say ten gallons is the minimum unless you’re keeping a single sex of guppies, and even then they like swimming around. A twenty long is a better choice.

I like Platys, they’re cute! 

2 hours ago, koko said:

They look cute. 🥰

Are you looking for just girls or boys or one of each? Just wonder :) 

Gender doesn't matter. Just never get to see my outdoor goldies so wanted to give this a shot again. My favorites have always been Ryukins and Orandas so the dinky wens gave me hope lol. But even if it never develops, im okay with janky little fantails.

Clear on my phone but POTATO on YouTube. Still better than prior video. Not totally set up or filtered the way I want but getting there.

• Admin

I love the Orange and white one the most. He is just to funny. :)

Are you going to do a live planted tank or  just fake plants. :) 

23 minutes ago, koko said:

I love the Orange and white one the most. He is just to funny. :)

Are you going to do a live planted tank or  just fake plants. :) 

I have a few live plants I will try. Not many though. For now it's just the one decoration in there. Shion is my favorite too. I love the clear "jade" headgrowth and button eye.

They neeeeeever leave each others side. They always swim together. When one takes off, the other follows.

53 minutes ago, spider man said:

welcome back to the forum. I wish it was more active as well. It is very therapeutic for me to come here and chat with you guys

Welcome back!  So far this forum is fun, especially this topic!

Oops forgot to say hopefully I'll get some funds tomorrow to get a present for Summers and Loki, a complete set up for a 40 breeder.  I'm still trying to figure how to get it as I have little to no transportation.