Open Chat 2

koko

12 hours ago, Acro said:

Sounds like an invitation . . . Watermelon Party at Kokos!  Wear your Hawaiian shirts!

Loki seems to be always wearing Hawaiian shirts as her coloration is calico I think.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, heckittie said:

I once had goldfish that just looooved tangerines for some reason. The right food is out there somewhere (;

I forgot to pick up any tangerines.  I also forgot peanut butter.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, hannah said:

I had a telescope years ago that couldn’t get enough of watermelon

I gave Loki and Summers some watermelon.  I didn't ask them for their opinion as they were gobbling it up quickly.

Just ordered more fish~
little moo calico and a tiger ((: I actually have been to this store (Coast Gem USA) and relinquished a butterfly moor when I moved, they have some stinkin beautiful fish and really looked well cared for.

9F23E6F7-CCCE-41AA-AAEA-D9D690507116.jpeg

DC67136B-B376-4846-90F6-9929358BF75C.jpeg

12 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Out of context your post sounds weird.

That is hilarious!  lol

I keep finding something nasty in my aquarium.  I call it "fish poop".  It keeps appearing in my tank.  That is probably why I need to do water changes more often?

I finally have nitrite and nitrate readings in the 33G after a rocky start to a fish in cycle! My partner doesn’t understand why I’m so excited. :doh11:

My boyfriend told me goldfish can't eat carrots because those veggies are too hard.  I told him cooked carrots aren't too hard.  He turned out just assumed goldfish can't eat carrots. I currently don't have any personally to try.

Cute new little ryukin in QT, munching on tubifex. :heart

D237F342-DB63-453E-99F8-849B20F86D54.jpeg

• Helper
5 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I got an email saying someone posted a junk thread.  I found that confusing.

Yeah. I locked and hid that until @koko can delete it. Spammers here are rare but it does happen sometimes.

1 minute ago, Arctic Mama said:

Yeah. I locked and hid that until @koko can delete it. Spammers here are rare but it does happen sometimes.

Thanks for taking care of all of them.  You did find them all right?

Bought 4 assassin snails to deal with the bladder and ramshorn snails that moved themselves into my subtropical tank - Boxer, Vinnie, Ezio and John Wick - named by myself and my partner. :rofl

7F1CCDB3-2268-4BA4-8BB5-AD20BEC848F8.jpeg

CFA658F2-A2EE-456A-B1A6-7488CEC3EA2E.jpeg

I feel like my goldfish are trying to communicate with me.  Either that or they like watching me while gapping their mounts like fish.

For some reason, I think goldfish are trying to talk when they gap their mouths.  Probably they do that as a way to breathe as the water goes to their gills.

• Admin

Hey guys,

Im back from going to Idaho Falls. I will catch up with everything tonight or tomorrow. Im still unpacking.

• Helper
On 6/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I feel like my goldfish are trying to communicate with me.  Either that or they like watching me while gapping their mounts like fish.

For some reason, I think goldfish are trying to talk when they gap their mouths.  Probably they do that as a way to breathe as the water goes to their gills.

They’re social animals and they definitely recognize their owners and regular people. Don’t know about talking, but I anthropomorphize my pets all the time - imagining they’re communicating that way is fun :)

• Helper
On 6/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, hannah said:

Bought 4 assassin snails to deal with the bladder and ramshorn snails that moved themselves into my subtropical tank - Boxer, Vinnie, Ezio and John Wick - named by myself and my partner. :rofl

7F1CCDB3-2268-4BA4-8BB5-AD20BEC848F8.jpeg

CFA658F2-A2EE-456A-B1A6-7488CEC3EA2E.jpeg

I love snails so much! I don’t have any in my

tanks right now but I miss them.

10 hours ago, koko said:

Hey guys,

Im back from going to Idaho Falls. I will catch up with everything tonight or tomorrow. Im still unpacking.

Welcome back :)

6 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I love snails so much! I don’t have any in my

tanks right now but I miss them.

Honestly the assassin snails kind of weird me out. :roflThey recently legalised apple snails in the UK, my local aquatics store has tonnes and I really want one but not sure if it’s the greatest idea in an open top tank… :wacko:

• Helper

They’re fairly messy too - I do love apple snails but they’re giant poopers. I haven’t had one crawl out of the top but close! They usually just go along the upper rim and back down, though.

I might get one for the 55G as I have a bit more water volume to play with, the 33 is stocked once my ryukin goes in. ;)

• Helper

I have no idea, but you could cut some small pieces and float them in the tank, see if they eat them and observe symptoms? Generally speaking it’s best to stick to aquatic and swamp plants with goldies, since they’re not land foraging. But obviously there are some terrestrial veggies they like. 

Basil’s safe but some fish might refuse to eat it because of the strong taste.