Open Chat 2

koko

• Helper
6 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I gave my fish a treat of baby shrimp.  My black moor goldfish Summers was not moving.  He was laying on top of some fake plants.  The other fish Loki was busy eating the shrimp but Summers wasn't doing anything.

I grabbed my net and went to scoop out the fish.  Somehow that woke him up and he swam away from the net.

Both fish are now okay and are busy eating their afternoon snack of baby shrimp.

Sometimes goldfish do lounge a bit, especially if they’ve eaten a lot or are feeling under the weather. Any other symptoms?

On 4/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Sometimes goldfish do lounge a bit, especially if they’ve eaten a lot or are feeling under the weather. Any other symptoms?

Not really.  I did some water changes but forgot to test the water.

I did observe Summers sleep swimming.  I go near him and he wakes up.  Now he is back to sleep swimming.  I assume he is sleep swimming because he practically is just floating with some random motion I assume is him trying to stay awake.

• Admin

Hey Guys.... Justine is going to have a live Acrylic paint show.... Come and see its at 3pm PST Tomorrow :)

11 hours ago, koko said:

Hey Guys.... Justine is going to have a live Acrylic paint show.... Come and see its at 3pm PST Tomorrow :)

Okay I'll try to remember.  After I convert PST to EST.

17 hours ago, koko said:

I think it is 6 pm my time which is under two hours from now.

• Helper

I’m sorry I missed it!  Happy birthday to @PinkyBear though 🎉

Trying to get the baby on a schedule still and make it through the end of the school year, whereby then I get to spend all summer catching up the kids I have had doing mostly independent work and review here postpartum. No summer this year, really, but it was a weird one and this shouldn’t happen again.

8 hours ago, koko said:

WOWsers that was a lot of fun. :) 

Is it on YouTube as a regular video?

I tried to take pics of my friends but they thought I was going to feed them.IMG_20210505_105955.thumb.jpg.57da0a09d4f78c84f53632e4ef6f79de.jpg

Still had difficulties photographing them.

I once thought I took a great picture of Loki until I noticed the string coming out from her vent.  Not sure where the photo is right now but if you want I can look for it and post it later?

• Admin
6 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I’m sorry I missed it!  Happy birthday to @PinkyBear though 🎉

Trying to get the baby on a schedule still and make it through the end of the school year, whereby then I get to spend all summer catching up the kids I have had doing mostly independent work and review here postpartum. No summer this year, really, but it was a weird one and this shouldn’t happen again.

It's okay it's been recorded and is up for viewing if you want to see it hun.

You need a big Hug you do. 

I hope everything will get back to order soon . :pianobanana

5 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Is it on YouTube as a regular video?

I tried to take pics of my friends but they thought I was going to feed them.IMG_20210505_105955.thumb.jpg.57da0a09d4f78c84f53632e4ef6f79de.jpg

Still had difficulties photographing them.

I once thought I took a great picture of Loki until I noticed the string coming out from her vent.  Not sure where the photo is right now but if you want I can look for it and post it later?

Yes its still there. Just click on the link :)

Have you ever General Cure them? 

What is a general cure?  If it is aquarium salt then yes I have.

Today I his some mushed up banana pieces in my aquarium.  Those disappeared so quickly.  I didn't know goldfish love bananas so much.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

What is a general cure?  If it is aquarium salt then yes I have.

Today I his some mushed up banana pieces in my aquarium.  Those disappeared so quickly.  I didn't know goldfish love bananas so much.

You can find it at LFS or at Amazon. Its a med that is mixed with Prazi and Metro. I use it on my fish once a year :) 

16 minutes ago, koko said:

You can find it at LFS or at Amazon. Its a med that is mixed with Prazi and Metro. I use it on my fish once a year :) 

Do you have a link to it for Amazon?  Having difficulty finding it.

One of my well meaning housemates told me goldfish can't eat peas.  She got that info from my roommate who got the info from an unknown source on the web.  I thought it was okay to feed goldfish shelled peas.

I'm planning to do a water change after lunch.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:29 PM, FishyMandy said:

Yea its fine to feed shelled peas

Good because they seem to love the peas.  I would ask them their opinion but they would be busy eating the peas.  Also I don't speak goldfish.

Wonder if it would be cool to understand goldfish or they'll be just annoying as a cat when they want food?

I keep hiding pieces of bananas in my aquarium.  I put some about 15 or so minutes ago into my aquarium.  I haven't finished my part of the banana but the pieces I put in the aquarium magically disappeared.

Might be another topic but my fish don't look hungry.

• Helper

That’s an interesting fish food, I can’t say I’d have tried it! Just be careful, bananas are very high in sugar compared to what the fish normally eat. Small treat only if you’re deviating that far from their normal diet :)

• Helper

I took my birthday money from my mama and grabbed some new fish! I was down to one tiger Barb and my little clown pleco in my ten gallon tropical tank, so I picked up an albino ancistrus, two male guppies, and six females to let the kids watch cute little livebearers. They males are pink panther, the females were from a mixed tank and I believe there are two tequila sunrise, one russian blue, two pink panther, and one green snakeskin female total. There just weren’t enough pink panther coloration to get a full harem of them, so now we get to have some fun with the genetics of these color crosses ☺️

Took some pictures of the setup after they’d settled in for the evening. Excuse any blurred fish, they swim rather fast!

A114A644-AAE7-4ED3-BBB6-0BC1539ABDD5.thumb.jpeg.eceaa5d0c6244f116271980955796d1a.jpeg
C2BBF464-DFEB-484A-A235-A20D66B3E230.thumb.jpeg.52a7e3a49fc86a1bce69d1587d90ce59.jpeg

3017112A-733C-4A5D-8F29-3CB40ECB382A.thumb.jpeg.01d85acfdce031d86ca2d7aa51c126ea.jpeg

0B90CDAA-6B1D-4ACE-8DC3-BCA4E488F2F1.thumb.jpeg.3daf84da9fb21963e781f71d29161d16.jpeg

4E36E798-8BD2-44ED-9CC0-CB6501EC46FE.thumb.jpeg.23790a3282a33e6144988a4111b5947c.jpeg

what is even funnier is this is the most active I’ve seen the tiger barb in two months, he went into hiding when it was just down to three of them and then we lost the last two and he wouldn’t really even eat, let alone swim around. Now he’s out and about in the tank again, and I’m pretty sure he thinks he is a guppy 🤣 What is more surprising is that I haven’t seen him nip at all, the male guppies actually circle HIM more than he messes with them. It’s adorable.

FC2D2B85-FFFD-4401-9D51-BA3BE0C7BF3D.jpeg

B31CC866-28DB-41E3-AF83-62F15CDD0A11.jpeg

Loki doesn't like her photo being taken.  I think Loki is a she?  She also don't like being held for me to look at her vent.  I think she is a girl because of her body shape.

How do some seem to take good pictures of goldfish?  My friends only are cooperative if I don't have my phone ready to photograph them.  If I get close with my phone they start swimming around very excited.IMG_20210523_110325.thumb.jpg.8a591d70eedc8acffdc6aa9745469d15.jpg

See how blurry that picture is?

IMG_20210523_110323.thumb.jpg.270afeb5ab277ca401d83538509b37d9.jpg

This one is a little better.

IMG_20210523_110330.thumb.jpg.6a5d1a9b163b39ed1abe020d3e4df57b.jpg

Blurry again

IMG_20210523_110314.thumb.jpg.06cc5da9b2f6a1ffe323b9018a3e4ca1.jpg

Mr Summers decided to enter the photo!

• Helper

My goldfish pictures aren’t great. A tripod and rapid burst helps, as does a very dark room behind the tank. But I’m still pretty terrible at it!

sexing goldfish, I don’t bother unless I see breeding tubercles. You’re all females to me until I witness those 😆

21 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

My goldfish pictures aren’t great. A tripod and rapid burst helps, as does a very dark room behind the tank. But I’m still pretty terrible at it!

sexing goldfish, I don’t bother unless I see breeding tubercles. You’re all females to me until I witness those 😆

I agree with artic. Mama, until you can give pus some good pictures they are all female. But you know what fun it is to try to figure out what sex they are. What is problem with your camera phone? It seems as you are too close and so not in focus. Please retry with lots of light and get back a little. Check out before posting and I am sure that we will be able to ID you beautiful fish friends. Other tricks are to use a glass to keep fish trapped near glass of aquarium. 

I think Loki and Summers like to con me into giving them fish food too many times of the day.  They might enjoy it, but it increases amount of fish waste in the aquarium.  Guess who has to clean the aquarium?

Decided to deep clean my pond yesterday, didn’t realise my hose was set to jet and broke the pads off my water lily that I paid an arm and a leg for, then discovered my oranda had tried treating it as an all you can eat salad bar anyway. :wa Pay day tomorrow so I can get a new pump and get my filter system fixed.

100% water change on the 33G and Ich treatment started for my moor, he’s still somehow got the energy of a toddler and begging for food every 5 minutes.

Just have to battle the 55G now!

p.s. I cannot work out how to change my signature?