koko

Open Chat 2

Some are munchier than others, and some plants are more resistant to nibbling. I have a bunch of Amazon Swords they leave alone, and Java Fern and Anubias are also good bets. They still get nibbled but not munched down to nothing like, say, Elodea.

Dang all morning I have had this robin trying to get into my house. She keeps hitting the window. :no:

36 minutes ago, koko said:

Dang all morning I have had this robin trying to get into my house. She keeps hitting the window. :no:

Ha ha! We have the same problem with a collered (ring neck) dove. She sits on the screen door and beats against the glass door or kitchen every year. Pictured is her waiting for me to open the door . 65DB6214-3494-48D6-A042-16A26930996F.thumb.jpeg.e9adf471e35d436ebbc89a076166cfb5.jpeg

4 hours ago, mikroll said:

Ha ha! We have the same problem with a collered (ring neck) dove. She sits on the screen door and beats against the glass door or kitchen every year. Pictured is her waiting for me to open the door . 65DB6214-3494-48D6-A042-16A26930996F.thumb.jpeg.e9adf471e35d436ebbc89a076166cfb5.jpeg

Pretty! Doves are very intelligent and that can be annoying, though 😆

5 hours ago, koko said:

I hope she wasn’t injured!

Also, I want a trophy. For the first time since Max was born we got a full, unabridged school day in, AND it was in therapy day. So I had to do multiple hours of driving and appointments and still dealt with the baby and the three middle kids. I’d been hoping to start back weeks ago but the baby is so drama it hasn’t been possible. It’s still an uphill battle but I feel very accomplished.

BDA9BC4C-2645-4C3B-8B1E-E07EFE51ED06.thumb.jpeg.e3905284a686dab95a3b376369dfe580.jpeg

He was actually even somewhat happy during therapy, which is a two hour car wait. This is the closest we’ve gotten to a smile photo. Progress...

7 hours ago, mikroll said:

Well she looks very pretty though. I wonder if she has a nest close to your house? 

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I hope she wasn’t injured!

So far not. We have tried... Tape on the windows, aluminum foil and now high lighter marker on the windows... She just wont stop. :( 

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Also, I want a trophy. For the first time since Max was born we got a full, unabridged school day in, AND it was in therapy day. So I had to do multiple hours of driving and appointments and still dealt with the baby and the three middle kids. I’d been hoping to start back weeks ago but the baby is so drama it hasn’t been possible. It’s still an uphill battle but I feel very accomplished.

BDA9BC4C-2645-4C3B-8B1E-E07EFE51ED06.thumb.jpeg.e3905284a686dab95a3b376369dfe580.jpeg

He was actually even somewhat happy during therapy, which is a two hour car wait. This is the closest we’ve gotten to a smile photo. Progress...

You sure do have your hands full. :yikes

I love his smile he has. He's so darn cute hun. :) 

Hi guys

Been  a bit of a hectic couple of weeks. My good friends mum died, my dad had a fall and hit his head, can't remember anything about it, my grandpa died.

But in a bit of good news, my new tank is coming Sunday! Am spending today taking down my current tank which is getting sold tomorrow. 

Fish are having a holiday in the pond in the meantime.

9 hours ago, koko said:

Well she looks very pretty though. I wonder if she has a nest close to your house? 

She certainly must but has to be well hidden as the magpies come daily to hunt for eggs.   The storks that we watch now have theirs hatched. Pictured are the chicks.

0BD1AC81-AF1F-4893-98CB-8B263F476D20.png

On 4/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, FishyMandy said:

Hi guys

Been  a bit of a hectic couple of weeks. My good friends mum died, my dad had a fall and hit his head, can't remember anything about it, my grandpa died.

But in a bit of good news, my new tank is coming Sunday! Am spending today taking down my current tank which is getting sold tomorrow. 

Fish are having a holiday in the pond in the meantime.

Oh Man FishyMandy. I am sorry you are going through all this. Hugs to you and your family dear.

Yeah on the Tank hun... That is always good news. :thumbup2:

On 4/23/2021 at 3:35 AM, mikroll said:

She certainly must but has to be well hidden as the magpies come daily to hunt for eggs.   The storks that we watch now have theirs hatched. Pictured are the chicks.

0BD1AC81-AF1F-4893-98CB-8B263F476D20.png

WOW! Those are Huge Birds. :yikes

My Robin will not stop this. We have put up tape on all the windows and even tin foil too. Every morning it comes and hit the front window and teases Bob. Goes away for a few hours and then back at it again. :no::tantrum

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh Man FishyMandy. I am sorry you are going through all this. Hugs to you and your family dear.

Yeah on the Tank hun... That is always good news. :thumbup2:

WOW! Those are Huge Birds. :yikes

My Robin will not stop this. We have put up tape on all the windows and even tin foil too. Every morning it comes and hit the front window and teases Bob. Goes away for a few hours and then back at it again. :no::tantrum

Well you could try to put up a little mirror for bird to look at. We have a video doorbell at our gate and one day after many false alarms ( from motion sensor) had a look at what was recorded on video . Surprised as was a young magpie looking a his reflection from the camera eye. Then after a few looks he brought his reflection a present. He left in front on a little self where was the video camera a geko which he’d had caught. Incredible ! And wife Elvi then wrote a satirical short story based upon the events about a young magpie who upon leaving nest discovers God  in doorbell and he is exactly as his parents said as looks just like himself. And so he brought a present and told the mouse and blackbird what he had seen. Mouse then had a look and laughed as he could see clearly what God looked like and was not a bird. Big battle followed between the two with magpie killing the mouse. Blackbird then had a look in and shrugged about these idiots as anyone could see what God  looked like and then he took the nice fresh geko home . 

3 minutes ago, mikroll said:

Well you could try to put up a little mirror for bird to look at. We have a video doorbell at our gate and one day after many false alarms ( from motion sensor) had a look at what was recorded on video . Surprised as was a young magpie looking a his reflection from the camera eye. Then after a few looks he brought his reflection a present. He left in front on a little self where was the video camera a geko which he’d had caught. Incredible ! And wife Elvi then wrote a satirical short story based upon the events about a young magpie who upon leaving nest discovers God  in doorbell and he is exactly as his parents said as looks just like himself. And so he brought a present and told the mouse and blackbird what he had seen. Mouse then had a look and laughed as he could see clearly what God looked like and was not a bird. Big battle followed between the two with magpie killing the mouse. Blackbird then had a look in and shrugged about these idiots as anyone could see what God  looked like and then he took the nice fresh geko home . 

You know I just might do that. See what this bird will do..

That's a funny story. :lol  I can't believe a bird would leave you a present lol 

I decided to soak some sun dried baby shrimp in my aquarium.  I don't know how to remove it after being soaked enough.  But I doubt there would be any left. Loki and Summers are enjoying eating the shrimp.  They seem to love it.

Not goldfish related, but I was wondering about arowanas.  I think I always think they are bad pets.  Is that true?  I think they get way to big to be a nice little pet.

I saw a story online where a man let his father take care of his arowana but the father cooked the pet.

I think they would be awesome pets if you have the right set up. I love giant fish

6 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

I think they would be awesome pets if you have the right set up. I love giant fish

They might be great in my dream aquarium but I don't have it except in my dreams.  That tank is floor to ceiling large round aquarium.  It would be a pain to clean, maybe.  Also a lot of gallons of water per water change.

Alrighty. Robin update.

We put up tape in stripes, foil strips and then the last thing we did was put up high lighter marks on the window. Guess what? Shes still attacking :tantrum

11 minutes ago, koko said:

Alrighty. Robin update.

We put up tape in stripes, foil strips and then the last thing we did was put up high lighter marks on the window. Guess what? Shes still attacking :tantrum

Well if all else fails give the bird a friend . So stick up a mirror , see how it goes and then wean off  by moving if away. 

1 minute ago, mikroll said:

Well if all else fails give the bird a friend . So stick up a mirror , see how it goes and then wean off  by moving if away. 

Maybe I can find one of those bird mirrors.... I don't have a small mirror.... I will give this a try. The bird is so annoying. She wakes us up at 8am every morning... Driving both cats batty lol

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Maybe I can find one of those bird mirrors.... I don't have a small mirror.... I will give this a try. The bird is so annoying. She wakes us up at 8am every morning... Driving both cats batty lol

Sounds like fun ! Don’t forget to go out mooning tonight. Biggest ever as it is closest in a long while. Here in two hours time will have a look. 

4 hours ago, mikroll said:

Sounds like fun ! Don’t forget to go out mooning tonight. Biggest ever as it is closest in a long while. Here in two hours time will have a look. 

Wow. I did not know about the Moon. I will make sure to moon watch tonight. 

I didn’t know about the moon tonight either, cool! 

image.png

On 4/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, FishyMandy said:

Not sure what is going on with this post?

I gave my fish a treat of baby shrimp.  My black moor goldfish Summers was not moving.  He was laying on top of some fake plants.  The other fish Loki was busy eating the shrimp but Summers wasn't doing anything.

I grabbed my net and went to scoop out the fish.  Somehow that woke him up and he swam away from the net.

Both fish are now okay and are busy eating their afternoon snack of baby shrimp.