koko

Open Chat 2

12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I should be asleep. I am dumb and decided to rearrange my nail polish since the baby was asleep instead, as Zoya is running a big grade in sale for Earth Day.  Also man I’m tired - my husband had surgery yesterday and I’m stuck doing all the driving and lifting for some weeks. He was helping out a TON while I was sitting with McCrabbyPants nursing around the clock, but now it’s all on me. Fortunately my older four kids are quite helpful when they’re not otherwise busy with school or outside playing. It’s still a ton with all seven of them plus cooking plus medical appointments plus homeschool plus tutorial plus normal chores plus keeping the colicky baby alive and not screaming. I want to drink just thinking about it 😆🥂

Dang DUDE, and here I was thinking about my own simple problems... Nothing compares to your my dear. :blink:

12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I cannot take good fish pics for the life of me. I always get glare and reflection off the front of my tank? I don’t know why I suck with my iPhone so much - other people manage great photos 🤨

The one thing I have learned from taking photos. Make sure the light source it coming from the side, no flashes hun.. I try and take mine at night time, if I need to use the tank lights. If I do need to do it that way. Turn all the lights off but the tank light and do not use a flash. See if any of that works for ya :) 

Its my birthday and I'm at chickfila as I got a birthday reward for a free milk shake!  Going to order pizza tonight.

54 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Its my birthday and I'm at chickfila as I got a birthday reward for a free milk shake!  Going to order pizza tonight.

Happy birthday!! Cheers am sending you a picture of a pizza and a little grill lamb as is best can do from here.E8C40C30-88D8-44DF-A24B-874965A8E2EB.thumb.jpeg.725b840c366a400de38dcd662e8b8156.jpeg

FD30C4E3-EAC4-4140-B1D9-D9A8AE9B23FF.jpeg

ED494BE7-5099-4C92-81A4-DBA109F1BA4D.jpeg

3 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Happy Birthday hun. :pease:

2 hours ago, mikroll said:

Happy birthday!! Cheers am sending you a picture of a pizza and a little grill lamb as is best can do from here.E8C40C30-88D8-44DF-A24B-874965A8E2EB.thumb.jpeg.725b840c366a400de38dcd662e8b8156.jpeg

FD30C4E3-EAC4-4140-B1D9-D9A8AE9B23FF.jpeg

ED494BE7-5099-4C92-81A4-DBA109F1BA4D.jpeg

That looks really good..... Here I am eating scrabbled eggs and sausage lol

Mikroll I want the lamb so badly!  Yuuuuum!  Happy birthday @Miss Bad Wolf!!!

Trying to post a picture of what I served my friends at my birthday party, but something seems to be going wrong.  Be Right Back

12 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Trying to post a picture of what I served my friends at my birthday party, but something seems to be going wrong.  Be Right Back

:photo:

1 hour ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I gave these to my friends who can't eat pizza.

IMG_20210415_175713.jpg

When I first saw the picture I was like EWWWWW, gross birthday food 🥴

11 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

My two friends, who don't eat pizza, actually love that food.  I think they have such fishie taste for fishie food.  They did not thank me for giving them that birthday food (but they never do thank me for anything I do for them.)

Everyone else had pizza and garlic knots and ice cream cake.

The food in the pictures were just for my two friends Summers and Loki.  For some reason they love sun dried baby shrimp and fluval bug bites.  They really love eating fish food.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, Arctic Mama said:

:lol:

I found this very interesting guys! 

Urushiol is also found in the sap, skin, stem, and leaf of mangoes.

I had no idea. WOW! But that explains why I never see a Mango with leaves on it.:blink:

Yeah it’s irritating stuff! Tasty fruit, though 😋

22 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Yeah it’s irritating stuff! Tasty fruit, though 😋

I agree. I love it very much. I am fortunate that I'm not allergic to poison ivy lol. 

Two of my friends are goldfish.  The fish food is for them not my human friends.  I think goldfish food is an acquired taste that only fish have it seems.

2 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I think goldfish food is an acquired taste that only fish have it seems.

I dunno,  my dog seems to like it LOL

Also my old dog once stole and ate a whole jar of betta food

14 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I dunno,  my dog seems to like it LOL

Also my old dog once stole and ate a whole jar of betta food

True.  When I had guppies last, I also had a rodent problem.  Those annoying mice would eat up all my guppy food that was in plastic bag like containers.  They tried to get into the regular hard plastic containers. 

I hate house mice.  Not sure if I like or dislike pet mice.  I have never had one as I tend to have a cat or two.  Cats love mice it seems.  (Haven't had a cat in my place since 2012.  I now live in a group home and both cats and rodents are not welcomed.)

I'm so glad I can keep my pet goldfish in a group home.  Too bad I can't get a bigger tank than my twenty, but at least I can have the twenty.

I too have a mouse problem but am working on it .  

What is a “Group home”?  Something like an army quarters or Navy thing or a company contract site support?  These I have done and know. 

6 minutes ago, mikroll said:

I too have a mouse problem but am working on it .  

What is a “Group home”?  Something like an army quarters or Navy thing or a company contract site support?  These I have done and know. 

Um, not sure what a company contract site support means?

It is a home where five to six residents live. Generally they have some mental illness type thing.  For me it is a place to heal mentally until I'm ready to live on my own.

come to Miami we have mango trees growing everywhere in June is when the fruits ripen, yes the sap is an irritant but no where anything like poison ivory. Has anyone here tried mangos that are green with salt and vinegar??

Why does fish food and treats look nasty to me but the goldfish gobble them up as soon as the food hits the water?

Is it true that goldfish notice their food by smelling it more than seeing it?

Different tastes 😂. They prefer vegetation but won’t say no to bugs, guts, etc. if it can be grazed on they’ll do it. And yes, smell is a significant part of how they locate food :)

34 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Different tastes 😂. They prefer vegetation but won’t say no to bugs, guts, etc. if it can be grazed on they’ll do it. And yes, smell is a significant part of how they locate food :)

So how can one have a tank with real plants and goldfish at the same time?  Won't the fish think the plants are all you can eat buffet?