Open Chat 2

koko

• Helper

Mandy the tank looks great, I’m sorry it’s been so rough lately with the fish keeping. I treated my tank for the annoying illness that has popped up frequently the last three years and unfortunately they all degraded again two weeks after treatment. I feel like the viruses and parasites and bacteria are just getting worse and worse in the imports, and it’s hard to manage with our current treatments. Siiiigh. I’ve even nuked the tank but I’m going to have to wait until all my stock dies off and nuke again to not transmit to any new fish, it’s been that persistent.

sorry for the radio silence, Max is officially the highest maintenance kiddo of ANY of mine, including all the brain injury stuff with his older brother. It’s been around the clock and he isn’t really happy being awake without someone actively feeding or holding him, and even then. I can’t sleep much, can’t restart homeschool well, chores are a joke. I started prepping my first meal of the day at 4 pm and still didn’t get to eat it until 7:30. It’s a brief season but a rough one, and after six other newborns who have made it home I have a pretty good sample size. Baby Max is a TERROR 😅

• Admin
12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Mandy the tank looks great, I’m sorry it’s been so rough lately with the fish keeping. I treated my tank for the annoying illness that has popped up frequently the last three years and unfortunately they all degraded again two weeks after treatment. I feel like the viruses and parasites and bacteria are just getting worse and worse in the imports, and it’s hard to manage with our current treatments. Siiiigh. I’ve even nuked the tank but I’m going to have to wait until all my stock dies off and nuke again to not transmit to any new fish, it’s been that persistent.

I feel both of your guys pain. My two fish have on and off white bumps. I have nuked the tank. I have treated them with everything I can think of. They are now almost 8 years old I think, and just acting like old fish now. Justine wants a betta. I told her once these 2 pass away I will get her a betta. 

12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

sorry for the radio silence, Max is officially the highest maintenance kiddo of ANY of mine, including all the brain injury stuff with his older brother. It’s been around the clock and he isn’t really happy being awake without someone actively feeding or holding him, and even then. I can’t sleep much, can’t restart homeschool well, chores are a joke. I started prepping my first meal of the day at 4 pm and still didn’t get to eat it until 7:30. It’s a brief season but a rough one, and after six other newborns who have made it home I have a pretty good sample size. Baby Max is a TERROR 😅

Oh my you have a Justine on your hands 😂 She is and was that way. When she was a baby she would fall asleep nursing. I would try and move her to her bed and she would wake up. It was so bad that at once that if I put her down she would cry to the point of barfing 😮🤪

It will get better... 🤗

• 2 weeks later...

I'm JUSTiNE , almost 8 , koko's daughter & have two cats & 2 fish isn't that crazy! we did have 3 cats but the girl passed-away.

• Admin
6 hours ago, PinkyBear said:

I'm JUSTiNE , almost 8 , koko's daughter & have two cats & 2 fish isn't that crazy! we did have 3 cats but the girl passed-away.

:hi My daughter. Guys I let her have an account. So she cant type and talk to ppl that I know would except her. 

• Supporter

On Friday I picked up this guy, saw him in a 5g tank on facebook market place. Drove an hour and a half to get him.  As you can see, he has some issues (tumors?) but he is bright and happy and begs for food and I adore him already. His name is Herbie. (Name he came with) The people I picked him up from said he came with a tank they bought and they only wanted the tank. They said the wife was calling him Fatty, the Hubby was calling him Gill but his name in his previous home was Herbie so thats his real name lol.. I Loved the name so I stuck with it.

163400394_781362972798760_7604905724380848692_n.jpg

163540665_743756766328399_4574386137212005113_n.jpg

165450350_868716563977016_5930417982521424321_n.jpg

• Helper

Hi there Justine!

Herbie definitely has tumors but he’s a cutie! Happy, active fish matter more than pretty fish, IMO. 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, PinkyBear said:

Hey Justine!  Welcome to the Forum!  I had 2 cats and one recently passed away, but I'm hoping to get another cat soon, so my current cat isn't lonely.  :)   And a funny thing, I haven't had a goldfish in about 3 or 4 years but I still come on this goldfish forum!  lol  However, I hope to keep goldfish again soon, maybe in a few months after I set up my big tank.  :D

19 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

On Friday I picked up this guy . . .

It's fantastic that you went to help out that fishie!  It's totally you, and you're awesome for that.  Congrats on the new baby!

47 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Hi!  I'm trying to come back but right now I'm using a crappy browser on my streaming device.

It's you!  Come back! 

Wow, lol Even your font is different. 

I dont know why Im unable to post normmally on this browser. I just don't understand it. Anyway, I have two goldfish, Summers and Loki. Right now they are eating their dinner. They sure love to eat fish food. I recently gotten a big containerr of Tetra goldfish food and some Fluval bug bites goldfish food. They love both kinds of fish food and I love giving it to them. I know overfeeding them has a lot of problems but it is sometimes hard.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I dont know why Im unable to post normmally on this browser. I just don't understand it. Anyway, I have two goldfish, Summers and Loki. Right now they are eating their dinner. They sure love to eat fish food. I recently gotten a big containerr of Tetra goldfish food and some Fluval bug bites goldfish food. They love both kinds of fish food and I love giving it to them. I know overfeeding them has a lot of problems but it is sometimes hard.

You had it in code mode. :O 

• Admin

Pretty fish. May I suggest taking some of that stuff out of the tank. That way you have more water room for the fish. Less stagnate water too.😁

10 hours ago, koko said:

Pretty fish. May I suggest taking some of that stuff out of the tank. That way you have more water room for the fish. Less stagnate water too.😁

Okay, I will do that tonight.  Not at home right now.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Oh I know another gal named Shannon and she likes pet fish too.

That's really cool hun. 👍

Hi guys! I just wanted to pop in :heart I have been soooo busy with work, school, and vehicle drama. I wish life was less hectic. I hope you all are doing well!!

Justine has an account and she's almost 8?! WOW THAT MADE ME FEEL SO OLD :thud 

5 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Miss Bad Wolf and Mikey, good to see you!

Good to see you too!! Ya know, that fish still has those dang red spots LOL. I just have let it be for now because it doesn't seem to bother her. I might re-try treating with the seachem paragaurd. I'm sure they could use it anyway for maintenance with flukes.