koko

Open Chat 2

Just checking in.  My goldfish Charley died but now I have Loki.  He is small but will grow up sooner than later.

My other fish Summers likes to rest during the day.  She gets excited about food.  I think she stays up late when I am sleeping.

A1F6639E-E637-4902-A0DA-26E0DAA70D0C.jpeg

Hey guys.... whatcha think about this....

IMG_20210123_095904305.jpg

IMG_20210123_095919404.jpg

That’s so pretty! I love how vivid it is.

Also please excuse the radio silence on my end, I had my newest (and last!) little guy on Wednesday and he only just got out of the NICU. We are still trying to iron out nursing and such and should be discharged tomorrow, but with my surgical recovery plus trying to juggle a slightly premature newborn, I’m a bit MIA 😅

Max Theodore 
2021-01-20
14:59 born
 7lbs 13 oz 94th percentile 3544 grams (still enormous)
36” head
20.25” long
8-8 APGAR

BA63EF3D-875E-44A0-BB5E-F05BB6CE6A30.thumb.jpeg.931020e87952469673db097845707b06.jpeg

Congratulations Taryl! He is beautiful 

Koko I absolutely love them, especially the first one! 

On 1/23/2021 at 1:01 PM, koko said:

Hey guys.... whatcha think about this....

IMG_20210123_095904305.jpg

JELLYFISH!!!  I like it!  Super cool!

On 1/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, Arctic Mama said:

BA63EF3D-875E-44A0-BB5E-F05BB6CE6A30.thumb.jpeg.931020e87952469673db097845707b06.jpeg

OH my gosh!  Congrats!!!!  Adorable!

On 1/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, Arctic Mama said:

Also please excuse the radio silence on my end, I had my newest (and last!) little guy on Wednesday and he only just got out of the NICU. We are still trying to iron out nursing and such and should be discharged tomorrow, but with my surgical recovery plus trying to juggle a slightly premature newborn, I’m a bit MIA 😅

Max Theodore 
2021-01-20
36” head
20.25” long
8-8 APGAR

Congrats hun. Wow I had no idea. He's adorable. Those chubby cheeks. 🥰🤗

On 1/23/2021 at 3:20 PM, FishyMandy said:

Congratulations Taryl! He is beautiful 

Koko I absolutely love them, especially the first one! 

Thank you and Acro. I just love trying to paint them and waves now. 🥰

If you do another one like that sometime in the future (when Im not dedicating all my spare cash to vet bills and car fixes lol) Id be interested in buying one if you think it would ship ok over here

14 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

If you do another one like that sometime in the future (when Im not dedicating all my spare cash to vet bills and car fixes lol) Id be interested in buying one if you think it would ship ok over here

Oh I can get it to ship over there.....A lot more to come. Justine and I both paint now. My walls are covered with TD's paintings, Justine's and mine.... 😲

Hey...... I have frozen my :fbottom:  off. It snowed then, iced rained :O 

How is everyone else?

Opposite here lol, so hot today,  but overall its been a pretty mild summer

Im doing ok, been pretty stressed with lots of vet bills for my cat and all the things going wrong in the pond but think Im finally getting on top of things

17 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Opposite here lol, so hot today,  but overall its been a pretty mild summer

Im doing ok, been pretty stressed with lots of vet bills for my cat and all the things going wrong in the pond but think Im finally getting on top of things

Could you send some of that heat over here. lol

I'm sorry to hear that hun. What's wrong with little kitty?

I had a tree that broke off a Big limb and landed on my neighbors fence.... Oh that should so much fun to clean up lol NOT! 

Oh and it squashed my two lavender plants too. 

On 1/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, Arctic Mama said:

Max Theodore 
2021-01-20
36” head
20.25” long
8-8 APGAR

How are you guys? 

Busy but we are okay, nothing much going on except a lot of nursing and trying to get sleep at random times. Recovery is really slow, since this is kid #8 and c section #4. Also it’s reeeeally cold and snowy out so that increases the desire to hibernate 😆

Max likes to be up from 2-6 am and doesn’t feel the least guilty about it.

F439DDDD-84F4-4706-A301-F05AFA22BA81.thumb.jpeg.b05ef44bd402215725c764428d089158.jpeg

3 hours ago, koko said:

Could you send some of that heat over here. lol

I'm sorry to hear that hun. What's wrong with little kitty?

I had a tree that broke off a Big limb and landed on my neighbors fence.... Oh that should so much fun to clean up lol NOT! 

Oh and it squashed my two lavender plants too. 

She has a bladder stone, normally they would treat with a diet change but she is already on a special diet for inflammatory bowel disease so they can't change it. So now we are reducing the the medication she is on for the IBD because that could be contributing to the stine, but has been a long expensive road of finding the right balance. Think we are finally there now

Gonna be setting the pond up again over the next week. Hopefully everyone in there stays healthy now

3 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

She has a bladder stone, normally they would treat with a diet change but she is already on a special diet for inflammatory bowel disease so they can't change it. So now we are reducing the the medication she is on for the IBD because that could be contributing to the stine, but has been a long expensive road of finding the right balance. Think we are finally there now

Oh no. That reminds me when Mrs. Kitty had kidney failure and then her thyroid was elevated. We couldn't treat the thyroid with out hurting the kidneys... I hate it when things get like that. It so hard to figure out what to do. I know you will do the best hun. How old is kitty? 

3 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Gonna be setting the pond up again over the next week. Hopefully everyone in there stays healthy now

Oh how exciting. How many fish going in there?

6 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Busy but we are okay, nothing much going on except a lot of nursing and trying to get sleep at random times. Recovery is really slow, since this is kid #8 and c section #4. Also it’s reeeeally cold and snowy out so that increases the desire to hibernate 😆

Yes you need lots and lots of sleep. I bet your body is like no more please. lol I sure hope you get to feeling better soon..... I know what you mean on hibernating. We have been inside for days now. 😵

6 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Max likes to be up from 2-6 am and doesn’t feel the least guilty about it.

F439DDDD-84F4-4706-A301-F05AFA22BA81.thumb.jpeg.b05ef44bd402215725c764428d089158.jpeg

He is adorable. Oh no a Night owl. That's got to be very hard and crazy. 🤪

So far just the 10 that survived whatever it was that wiped out the other 30+

Will get some newbies after everything is properly set up.

Just got home from work and found Papi wedged between the heater and the glass,  i pulled her out and set up a QT for her but when I went to get her from thr bucket she had passes :(

My fishkeeping has been very frustrating lately 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, FishyMandy said:

So far just the 10 that survived whatever it was that wiped out the other 30+

Will get some newbies after everything is properly set up.

Just got home from work and found Papi wedged between the heater and the glass,  i pulled her out and set up a QT for her but when I went to get her from thr bucket she had passes :(

My fishkeeping has been very frustrating lately 

I'm sorry hun. Fish keeping seems to be harder and harder... Mine are still plugging along.

Is it in the filtration system? 

Im not sure but I nuked everything in pond, boiled everything that could be boiled,  bleached everything that could be bleached and medicated the remaining fish. 

22 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Im not sure but I nuked everything in pond, boiled everything that could be boiled,  bleached everything that could be bleached and medicated the remaining fish. 

That's insane.. Are the other fish infected or do you think they are alright? 

I think they are alright now..ive written up the full story on my blog topic

Ive used almost all my meds trying to sort this out though so I dont know what Ill be doing if I need kana again, and I only have 2 tubes of metro left, neither are easily available in Aus and the site I normally buy from has been out of stock for like a year now. Ree has been helping me out sending me extras but I dont want to leave her without any