Open Chat 2

koko

• Admin
On 6/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, aussieJJDude said:

I love those liquid pours. Always wanted to do one!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well I think I'm getting the hang of it.

0615201230a.jpg

0615201230.jpg

0615201229.jpg

0615201228b.jpg

• Admin
On 6/17/2020 at 12:07 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Those look so good Koko!  Can you link a favorite tutorial?

@Miss Bad Wolf I’m so glad Summers is doing better!  Pics?

For Nano tanks I love shrimp and snails.

Sure, I got two ppl I like to watch.

Sometimes I just like to watch there pours 😆

😁

So I’m trying to decide what to do next... 

1. Vermiculture vine. Good for fishing, good for garden!

2. Set up split 10g and put my 2 bettas in there. 

3. Get another 1-2 goldfish; qt in tank under big tank. (Could 5 fish fit comfortable into my 65g with 4 snails?) 

4. Set up a guppy breeding op for live bait 

What do you all think? 

• Helper

Hmmm... what are your long term tank or lifestyle goals?  Is there any one choice that is more compatible with that long term trajectory?

On 6/22/2020 at 12:38 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Hmmm... what are your long term tank or lifestyle goals?  Is there any one choice that is more compatible with that long term trajectory?

Not sure. I feel like long term, just adding another fish to the 65 after qt would be he least trouble. But I hate qt and it would have to be on the floor (under tank stand) which would make wc annoying. Can I have a 4th in my 65 with 4 snails? 

I can only set up a total of 3 tanks in our apartment. I have the big tank and the 2 little tanks. I guess I’d like to combine my bettas into a divided 10g either way. The worms and guppies probably aren’t realistic things to do right now.

• Helper

Yeah it depends on their size, but as goldfish grow so do their poop.  Lighter stocking is almost always a better answer :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Helper

That’s great! Learning to drive felt like such freedom to me as a teen, and I still really love driving for pleasure and travel. High five 🙌 

• 1 month later...

I just got an amazing deal on fish stuff!! 20H, 30L, a nice cupboard stand for the 30 and a metal pretty stand for the 20. 3 aquaclear filter (2x 30, 1x 20), 3 large heaters, 2 master test kits, 2 air pumps, water siphon, lots of fish food, assorted tank chemicals (all seachem!), nets, cleaning supplies, and a giant tote of decor, all for 80$!!

• Helper
On 8/30/2020 at 9:11 AM, Morgan'sMiracles said:

I just got an amazing deal on fish stuff!! 20H, 30L, a nice cupboard stand for the 30 and a metal pretty stand for the 20. 3 aquaclear filter (2x 30, 1x 20), 3 large heaters, 2 master test kits, 2 air pumps, water siphon, lots of fish food, assorted tank chemicals (all seachem!), nets, cleaning supplies, and a giant tote of decor, all for 80$!!

That’s fantastic. What a haul! What do you plan to do with all of it, or are these backups?

• Admin
5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thats so cool Koko!

Wow amazing deal emilee !

Thank you hun. I been having fun.....kids even pick my colors.... 😂

7 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

That’s fantastic. What a haul! What do you plan to do with all of it, or are these backups?

7 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thats so cool Koko!

Wow amazing deal emilee !

I’m setting up the 30G for tropical fish! I put my betta in but I think he jumped ☹️ I’m gonna need a cover. He’s never tried jumping before so I didn’t think it would be an issue. I can’t find his body anywhere tho so maybe he’s hiding (or maybe the cats ate him!) 

also i I was wrong! It was one aquaclear 50 and 2 aquaclear 30s. 😄

any stocking ideas? I’m totally lost; tropical is out of my wheelhouse

6E091252-118E-400E-B772-1F2508F9E443.jpeg

1 hour ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Sorry to double post; does this sound like ok stocking?

-1 pair german blue rams

-8 neon tetras

-6 panda corys

-maybe a trio of guppies or swordtails? 

So exciting for a new setup.  German rams prefer temps at the higher end of the scale, Panda corys on the cooler side.  Sterbai corys can handle the heat, but they are bigger.  Not to say that pandas can't handle the heat, but IME their life span tends to be shortened.  Cardinal tetras are more robust, I prefer them over neon tetras and they can handle higher temperatures too.  Rummynose tetras are another pretty option that can go well with rams.  Your stocking looks fine, but you may be dealing with a lot of babies if there are lots of hiding places for the guppies/sword fry.

If you like bettas, I'm stocking a 40g breeder tank and I would like to put together a betta sorority of 5 lovely plakat/koi ladies.  Most of my tropical fish are bottom dwellers so the bettas will have plenty of swimming space up top, mid and bottom. 

• Helper

I'm a super novice with tropical fish, right now I have mollies, guppies, corys, plecos, two danios I took on from my supervisor at work who had them in a bowl (i want to get some more danio friends for them lol), some Neons and some Black skirt tetras. But once the neons die off I don't think I'll replace them even though I really like them. I'm also thinking of rehoming the black skirt tetras

My brother said the rams are probably too much work for me, cause they’re finicky about water hardness. I’m not interested in altering the ph of my tank. I don’t currently have a cover, just a light, so bettas aren’t a good idea for me rn. 

I want a nice show stopper fish, I just can’t decide what it should be. Then a school of fish- tetras or danios- and some bottom dwellers. I’m struggling coming up with stocking ideas that I actually like. Whenever I’ve had tropical tanks I’ve just had livebearers and I get bored of them fairly quickly, or they all die!! 

Yeah, Blue Rams can be finicky but their personalities are so much fun and the colours are gorgeous, I find that as a whole, cichlids interacting with you (a lot like goldfish) makes a tank so much more fun to maintain.  Consider a pair of Bolivian rams then, not as finicky to care for, colours aren't as eye popping, but fun to keep too.

For flash and action, maybe a school of dwarf rainbowfish of your choice if you are bored with tetras.

If I had more space, I would like to add one of the smaller species of Gourami's, maybe a honey gourami.  Something different, nice colours and personalities too.  

Your tank is large enough to have action through all levels of your tank.  A school of Cory cats for the bottom, mid/bottom perhaps a pair of Bolivian rams, top/mid a school of rainbowfish.  Gouramis like hanging near the top too.

Take your time with this, make it a fun project to research fish that you think you like!