Open Chat 2

koko

• Helper

So just when I say that BN are doing well....Today I found 6 of them OUTSIDE the tank, all dried up and very dead :( I don't know how they got out the tank, it doesnt have lids (they broke) but I didn't think the water level was high enough for them to be able to get themselves out

• Helper
11 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

So just when I say that BN are doing well....Today I found 6 of them OUTSIDE the tank, all dried up and very dead :( I don't know how they got out the tank, it doesnt have lids (they broke) but I didn't think the water level was high enough for them to be able to get themselves out

I had a BN jump out of the tank and commit suicide, they are actually awesome jumpers! I’m sorry so many did so, though :(

• Helper

It sucks! I never had them jump before. Was weird that I lost so many at once and thats the only time its happened :o

In better news, last week I got a new addition, His name is Jasper (I swear I'm not copying you Emilee LOL, I already had a Molly named Jasper so i was desperately trying to think of a different name for this boy but NOTHING stuck and when I went to talk about him I always went to go say "Jasper' so, I decided it was meant to be!)

Here he is

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Can livebearers go with goldfish? Or can any fish? I have 3 tiny goldfish in a 65 but I’m not interested in getting more goldfish right now; they have such a high death rate during quarantine. Also, do snails need to be quarantined?

• Helper

I QT snails for a week or so to try to make sure all the old water is out their shell.

Only other fish Id keep with goldies are BN, Ive tries others before and they eithee got eaten or harrassed the goldies.  Goldies really do better in a species only tank.

• Helper

Some livebearers are nippy, I’d worry about that. Also if your goldies are on the bigger side they could try to eat the smaller fish friends.  I had to unstick a juvenile Cory cat from the mouth of one of my goldfish when I put them together briefly in a tank.  It has to be close in size for them to work because goldies eat everything they can.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

She's gorgeous! Is that 3 cats? I remember Asia and another one I don't remember the name of from instagram

We have two. Before Ben was born, we got a kitten, but it didn't work out and we had to rehome her. Thankfully Lady is fitting in soo much better with our household!

18 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Awe she is so pretty!  I wish my husband wasn’t allergic to cats, I love them.

Thank you! I'm slightly allergic but fortunately not enough that I can't have them. 

I was browsing on my phone and almost forgot to keep an eye on the bucket I am using to do a water change.  I stopped it before it got to overflowing stage.  It is about a five gallon bucket, but has four or so gallons in it.  I don't want it so heavy I can pick it up.  

Oops I need to get rid of the water in the bucket but got to get off phone first.

• Admin
On 6/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I was browsing on my phone and almost forgot to keep an eye on the bucket I am using to do a water change.  I stopped it before it got to overflowing stage.  It is about a five gallon bucket, but has four or so gallons in it.  I don't want it so heavy I can pick it up.  

Oops I need to get rid of the water in the bucket but got to get off phone first.

Lol. I flooded my 36 bow tank once. 😲

0610202126.jpg

0610201445.jpg

0610201357.jpg

0610201732.jpg

I noticed something interesting this morning. My panda moor, Julius, has turned entirely black within a month of getting him. But now, 2-3 months later, he has gone back to black and white! He’s wicked cute. Is this normal, or do you think it’s possible that when he “turned black” it was ammonia poisoning? It was his eyes and body but his fins were all originally black. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

I love those liquid pours. Always wanted to do one!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I watched so many videos about this. Not easy lol

2 hours ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

I noticed something interesting this morning. My panda moor, Julius, has turned entirely black within a month of getting him. But now, 2-3 months later, he has gone back to black and white! He’s wicked cute. Is this normal, or do you think it’s possible that when he “turned black” it was ammonia poisoning? It was his eyes and body but his fins were all originally black. 

Sounds like an ammonia burns. 😯

Do peas help with more than just constipation?  Can it help with swim bladder issues?  My Summers was having swim bladder issues.  I started a shelled pea diet yesterday I think.  Or maybe the day before.  I fed them 7 peas for breakfast today.  I did 13 for lunch. Summers is now swimming instead of laying in the corner. I am thinking of waiting a bit to see if a night snack of shelled peas might help more.

• Helper
13 minutes ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Do peas help with more than just constipation?  Can it help with swim bladder issues?  My Summers was having swim bladder issues.  I started a shelled pea diet yesterday I think.  Or maybe the day before.  I fed them 7 peas for breakfast today.  I did 13 for lunch. Summers is now swimming instead of laying in the corner. I am thinking of waiting a bit to see if a night snack of shelled peas might help more.

Vegetable matter can help with constipation which can impact the swimbladder, but on its own peas or duckweed or zucchini or whatever isn’t going to solve an underlying deformity or rupture of the swimbladder.  It’s more a way to clean things out and problem solve what may be cause buoyancy issues or not, but it won’t resolve anything that isn’t caused by constipation.

Summers is doing much better.

Now I got a three gallon tank.  I was going to use it to quarantine Summers, but Summers is doing well now.

I might be able to get something for the three gallon tank this fall when I am allowed to go shopping with my mother at a pets store.  Any ideas?