koko

Open Chat 2

9 hours ago, koko said:

That's great news hun. I bet he'll be putting on weight now 👍

Not really they are tall tanks. Petco here has the dollar sale on. Have you looked there?

The sale is going on here too. It would just be a lot more to piece together a 40B set up with having to find a hood/light/stand/ tank separately. Those aren’t much higher than a 20H or a 29G are they? I had decent luck with those in the past. 

Eta; if i got a 40B setup, id have to wait until we move cause there’s nowhere to store it since it has a bigger footprint. My parents are letting me store one in their basement if it’s a good deal but I think it would be too big and they’d say no. 

My tank is 24 inches tall, (by 24 inches wide) MOST of my fish do ok in it but I have had some that I have had to move outside into the 12 inch tall pond because they just don't handle the deep water.  When I get a new tank it's only going to be 18 inches tall, I find that even the ones who seem to do ok in the 24 inches seem to do best with that kind of depth. I do find my goldies do a lot better having a tank that is wider/longer rather than taller.

6 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

My tank is 24 inches tall, (by 24 inches wide) MOST of my fish do ok in it but I have had some that I have had to move outside into the 12 inch tall pond because they just don't handle the deep water.  When I get a new tank it's only going to be 18 inches tall, I find that even the ones who seem to do ok in the 24 inches seem to do best with that kind of depth. I do find my goldies do a lot better having a tank that is wider/longer rather than taller.

Do you find that certain species do better than others? I ended up getting a 65g aquarium that’s 24” tall cause it was an AMAZING deal. 

My longer bodied fantails and single tail fish do well in it. Ryukins and pearlies ended up struggling. Basically the fancier/rounder they are the more they struggled with the depth.

On 2/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, FishyMandy said:

My longer bodied fantails and single tail fish do well in it. Ryukins and pearlies ended up struggling. Basically the fancier/rounder they are the more they struggled with the depth.

Do you think telescopes and orandas would do alright in a taller tank? 

I found my butterfly teles and oranda struggled. The longer bodied teles were ok

I need to get some water for my goldfish.  I have a superstition that I think I cannot get water from the bathtub right away after someone takes a shower.

Can you wait until a while after someone has showered to do your waterchange? (If thats what you mean)

Darrrrr I got called for jury duty 😬😳

1 hour ago, koko said:

Darrrrr I got called for jury duty 😬😳

Does that cause issues with work for you?  I’ve never gone since I always have the kids to teach and care for, but I thought it might be interesting if it wasn’t a total pain to schedule around. Hubby sat for grand jury duty for a month and said it was totally fascinating (the case was incredibly bizarre and the cops did a horrible job with regard to civil liberties of the guy involved, which made it more complex).

Wow! Look at all of them. Are those albino plecos?

They are! 

The BN live in with my goldies but I moved the babies to the tropical tank because the fish in there are smaller and hopefully wont eat them. Though there was a few I couldn't catch so they will either have to hide well or become goldie snacks! They are so cute though so I hope I can raise a few of them up. I don't have a free tank I can designate to them at the moment unfortunately but this is the second batch of eggs he has been fanning in a short amount of time so I'm sure there willbe more. Though he is upset I took his driftwood cave out. Going to buy them an actual pleco cave though and see if I can convince him to move to there

Oh man,

The other night was awful. Justine was coughing. So I went in there to check on her and giver her some cough meds (she had been dealing with a cold), put my hand on her pillow and it was covered in puke. She was sick as a dog. She was doing that it seemed every hour till 1am in the morning. :( She spent all day yesterday resting and trying to nap. Woke up this morning and she's just fine. But then...... Ric texts me to tell me sick now. Round two I guess. :yikes 

Oh and yesterday we did laundry from 9am to 7pm.... :yikes 

How is everyone else doing? 

Oh wow! That's no good Koko :(

I'm doing pretty well. Finally decided to change driving instructors. My last lesson, which was 2 weeks ago made me feel such a wreck afterwards. He only ever critisizes, never gives me any positive feedback even though everyone I've driven with other than him says I do very well. I just want to get my lisence and a car so I can go do things on my own terms

11 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Oh wow! That's no good Koko :(

I'm doing pretty well. Finally decided to change driving instructors. My last lesson, which was 2 weeks ago made me feel such a wreck afterwards. He only ever critisizes, never gives me any positive feedback even though everyone I've driven with other than him says I do very well. I just want to get my lisence and a car so I can go do things on my own terms

Dang that's not a nice instructor, 🚫

Well eventually I got it, my flue started at 6pm and didn't stop till 2am in the morning. I'm so tired...... I feel like I got hit by a simi truck 🚚

On 2/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, Arctic Mama said:

Does that cause issues with work for you?  I’ve never gone since I always have the kids to teach and care for, but I thought it might be interesting if it wasn’t a total pain to schedule around. Hubby sat for grand jury duty for a month and said it was totally fascinating (the case was incredibly bizarre and the cops did a horrible job with regard to civil liberties of the guy involved, which made it more complex).

I was lucky, they didn't need the jurors so I got to go home at 11am. 🐱

:hi guys

I haven't been on much cause well it started with the Stomach flu (everyone got it here), then food posioning and then my back went out.

How has everyone else been? 

We bought some new furniture today! Never done that before 😂😂 we got a little kitchen island, a bigger mattress set, and a recliner. Also got a quarantine tank and ordered some goldfish off eBay! By the time we move they’ll be all set for the big tank! 

Oh Koko I’m sorry your house has been sick, that’s such a bummer.

@Morgan'sMiracles I agree we need pictures!

Mandy and Tara, they will be here Tuesday! I got an orange oranda, a blue oranda, a panda tele and a red and white tele. They were just stock photos but I’ll share pics in the qt as soon as I get them!!

Oooh fun!  Can’t wait to see :)