koko

Open Chat 2

Back in the bleeping hospital on Christmas Day. This pregnancy is so hard 😞

Aw no Taryl! Hope things get better soon. How much longer til he comes?

2 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw no Taryl! Hope things get better soon. How much longer til he comes?

Don’t know, that’s the question.  I’m not due until mid April but they will pretty much be awarding medals and then inducing me if I make it to mid March.  It’s just more blood pressure drama but it hasn’t slipped into pre eclampsia, which is the worry.  But whenever I get over my call in blood pressure numbers I have to go in and my dose doesn’t seem to be controlling it as well as we’d like right now.

Hope everyone is good. Just wanted to say Happy New Year😁

On 12/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Don’t know, that’s the question.  I’m not due until mid April but they will pretty much be awarding medals and then inducing me if I make it to mid March.  It’s just more blood pressure drama but it hasn’t slipped into pre eclampsia, which is the worry.  But whenever I get over my call in blood pressure numbers I have to go in and my dose doesn’t seem to be controlling it as well as we’d like right now.

How are you?

I forgot about this thread.  Right now watching YouTube video about broccoli and goldfish.   Wonder if this will work with frozen broccoli and microwave use for goldfish.

Wait that is not a goldfish but a fresh water angelfish.  Wonder if goldfish can eat broccoli and like it.  My goldies love the peas I just gave them.  I did not stay and watch them eat but it looks like all the shelled peas that I put in the tank are gone.

I'm sure that fish will get some gas later 😂

Just wanted to let you guys know Mrs. Kitty passed way on the 4th... Her Kidneys just shut down. I miss going outside seems so empty out there now. :(

1114181218.jpg

Well it’s been a rough few weeks.  I ended up needing a c section on January 6th, as baby’s vitals were declining and his placenta wasn’t working anymore.  Grant Timothy was born at 25 weeks 3 days, and was in the NICU after birth obviously.  

Unfortunately he was growth restricted to the point that his little body didn’t have a lot of resiliency for complications, and after lung damage from intubation and his lungs not inflating properly with his prematurity, he couldn’t properly oxygenate his tissues and organs even with a lot of help.  He keeps improving and then declining, but took a bad turn Thursday afternoon.  We said goodbye to him that day.  

Hardest, most agonizing day of my life, bar none.  Family graveside was the following Tuesday and we have a memorial planned for this Thursday for our church and friends to formally grieve and say goodbye.  

Details from my hospitalization for pre eclampsia and how it all proceeded are on a blog we set up, if anyone wants more information than I’ve provided here. Newest entry is first, oldest is on the second page at the bottom.

http://www.gtservice.us/taryl/

So.  Yeah.  Not a lot of time for anything, kind of in a haze at the moment.  We did manage our first normal day back to homeschool stuff today, but it’s been tough.  I’m still physically recovering from surgery too, so that makes it harder.

15 minutes ago, koko said:

Just wanted to let you guys know Mrs. Kitty passed way on the 4th... Her Kidneys just shut down. I miss going outside seems so empty out there now. :(

1114181218.jpg

Awe, I’m sorry she passed!! That’s always hard to lose a long beloved pet.

Koko I'm so sorry

Taryl oh no my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry :(

Boy what a way to start off this year.

Man it's got to get better. One would think. 🎈

I am sorry about your loss, Koko.  It is sad when a friend (even ones with fur or scales) passes away.  I like looking at my fish swim and do what ever fish do during the day.  I think they are generally looking at the pebbles for food.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Well it’s been a rough few weeks.  I ended up needing a c section on January 6th, as baby’s vitals were declining and his placenta wasn’t working anymore.  Grant Timothy was born at 25 weeks 3 days, and was in the NICU after birth obviously.  

Unfortunately he was growth restricted to the point that his little body didn’t have a lot of resiliency for complications, and after lung damage from intubation and his lungs not inflating properly with his prematurity, he couldn’t properly oxygenate his tissues and organs even with a lot of help.  He keeps improving and then declining, but took a bad turn Thursday afternoon.  We said goodbye to him that day.  

Hardest, most agonizing day of my life, bar none.  Family graveside was the following Tuesday and we have a memorial planned for this Thursday for our church and friends to formally grieve and say goodbye.  

Details from my hospitalization for pre eclampsia and how it all proceeded are on a blog we set up, if anyone wants more information than I’ve provided here. Newest entry is first, oldest is on the second page at the bottom.

http://www.gtservice.us/taryl/

So.  Yeah.  Not a lot of time for anything, kind of in a haze at the moment.  We did manage our first normal day back to homeschool stuff today, but it’s been tough.  I’m still physically recovering from surgery too, so that makes it harder.

How are you doing. I pray for you guys every night.

A little better, thank you :)  Since the services are all done I’ve been feeling more closure and a little more back to normal.  A little less sad.  I have moments but it’s not bad overall.  I know as my pregnant friends who were due around my due date start giving birth I’m going to struggle, as I will when his due date comes around.  And anniversaries I expect to be hard.  

But yeah, overall feeling pretty good.  God has been gracious in giving us peace in this, I think. And I’m not (yet?) falling into any sort of horrible depression, which I’m thankful for.

We had our boy 12/24! He has had some minor issues- he is struggling to gain weight due to a tongue tie- but it’s being fixed Wednesday and then he should be back on track. I’m excited to share him with everyone but I’ll refrain for now. 

Also im so excited cause we are getting a decent windfall from our taxes and all my goldfish plans are gonna come true! I can’t wait! Only a month or two until we get our other apartment!

Tarryl, I’m so sorry for your loss. I hate to imagine what you’re going through. My prayers are with you and your family. 💕

Congratulations!  I hope we get to see a cute picture :) Tongue ties can make latching very tricky, most of mine have them and it can be painful and obnoxious, fixing it is not a bad way to go.

Thank you for the condolences, it has been a difficult winter on both sides of this, sadly.

Well I’m happy to share pictures then :heart This is from a few days ago. His tie is getting fixed Wednesday thank goodness so we can deal with his weight issues and get back on track with nursing! 

Benjamin Joseph Elwin Grant! 

0AC53F31-F763-40A5-B35B-5A777F832C61.jpeg

What a total cutie!!!  

34 minutes ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Well I’m happy to share pictures then :heart This is from a few days ago. His tie is getting fixed Wednesday thank goodness so we can deal with his weight issues and get back on track with nursing! 

Benjamin Joseph Elwin Grant! 

0AC53F31-F763-40A5-B35B-5A777F832C61.jpeg

Congratulations hun, what a little cutie. 

Hate to ask but what is tongue ties?

4 hours ago, koko said:

Congratulations hun, what a little cutie. 

Hate to ask but what is tongue ties?

Basically his tongue isn't able to move like it needs to so eating, even with a bottle, takes more energy than it should so he is burning up all his calories. There's a little piece of flesh sticking it down. They can have lip ties too which would limit their mobility with their lips but we are hoping he doesn't have one of those cause then it wouldn't all be solved by Wednesday, because apparently the ENT we were referred to only does tongue ties and not lip ties. 

On 1/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Basically his tongue isn't able to move like it needs to so eating, even with a bottle, takes more energy than it should so he is burning up all his calories. There's a little piece of flesh sticking it down. They can have lip ties too which would limit their mobility with their lips but we are hoping he doesn't have one of those cause then it wouldn't all be solved by Wednesday, because apparently the ENT we were referred to only does tongue ties and not lip ties. 

How did it go?

It went great koko! He ended up having a tongue and a lip tie, both of which they fixed in office- and they did numb it first. The woman I spoke to on the phone had been wrong on both of those counts. He seems to be really happy now- he is playing with his tongue a lot, now that he can actually move it!

Are either of these okay for goldfish? It's so pricey to put together a 40B setup! 

Aqueon 45g

Marineland 45g

2 hours ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

It went great koko! He ended up having a tongue and a lip tie, both of which they fixed in office- and they did numb it first. The woman I spoke to on the phone had been wrong on both of those counts. He seems to be really happy now- he is playing with his tongue a lot, now that he can actually move it!

That's great news hun. I bet he'll be putting on weight now 👍

2 hours ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Are either of these okay for goldfish? It's so pricey to put together a 40B setup! 

Aqueon 45g

Marineland 45g

Not really they are tall tanks. Petco here has the dollar sale on. Have you looked there?

Reef tanks off Craigslist are also a wonderful idea, and a lot less expensive when they pop up.