Open Chat 2

koko

Yikes! Pregnancies, fainting, ponds freezing over... I hope everyone is doing ok through all of this!

I completed my move last weekend, and boy, was it a doozy. The day after, I was completely immobile. This is the consequence of inheriting old, HEAVY furniture... and a 75g aquarium. And moving into second-floor apartments in old buildings.... For some reason I have a tendency to move in the winter time.

At least my new place has a big, deep bath tub so the soaking was much needed.

Now that I’m unpacked and settled, just gearing up for Christmas time now. Little stressed about it since I had my seasonal lay-off two weeks ago. [emoji31]Nothing else has lined up yet and I’m still trying to catch my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
3 hours ago, Caretta Rose said:

Yikes! Pregnancies, fainting, ponds freezing over... I hope everyone is doing ok through all of this!

I completed my move last weekend, and boy, was it a doozy. The day after, I was completely immobile. This is the consequence of inheriting old, HEAVY furniture... and a 75g aquarium. And moving into second-floor apartments in old buildings.... For some reason I have a tendency to move in the winter time.

Thats how I am after working a full 4 days at the schools book fair. My back is shot now. I can't even get something off the floor.

Oh I wish I had one of those. One house we looked at buying years ago had a bath with jets.....oh I still think about that one. 😳

Now that I’m unpacked and settled, just gearing up for Christmas time now. Little stressed about it since I had my seasonal lay-off two weeks ago. emoji31.pngNothing else has lined up yet and I’m still trying to catch my breath.

Breath hun breath lol

Now that I’m unpacked and settled, just gearing up for Christmas time now. Little stressed about it since I had my seasonal lay-off two weeks ago. [emoji31]Nothing else has lined up yet and I’m still trying to catch my breath.

I’m sure things will work out. What do you do that you get laid off every winter? I can’t imagine how stressful that is! Congrats on the move tho. Hubby and I are hoping to move soon- and then I’d love to get back into goldfish keeping. I really miss it!

I work as a biologist with species at risk. Happens every winter, unfortunately.

Good luck with your move - excited for you to get back into the goldfish hobby! It’s so fun getting prepped.

I work as a biologist with species at risk. Happens every winter, unfortunately.

Good luck with your move - excited for you to get back into the goldfish hobby! It’s so fun getting prepped.

Ohh okay. So you probably are outside a lot I imagine. Do you have to pick up a job during winter?

Thank you! We have an apartment we want (our friends are moving in spring) we just haven’t been able to quote solidify it yet!

On 12/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, koko said:

Oh no... I hope you feel better soon.

Seems we are all falling apart.

Yikes!  Stay well everybody, anytime is a tough time to be down for any length of time, but if you have to deal with winters on our side of the world makes it especially worse.

21 hours ago, Caretta Rose said:

Species at risk - fish?  Is your work on either side of the coast?

Ohh okay. So you probably are outside a lot I imagine. Do you have to pick up a job during winter?

Thank you! We have an apartment we want (our friends are moving in spring) we just haven’t been able to quote solidify it yet!

Yes, I’m outside quite a bit from spring until fall. Not much happening in the winter, unfortunately.

Species at risk - fish?  Is your work on either side of the coast?

Predominantly birds and reptiles. In central-ish Canada [emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Caretta Rose said:

Yes, I’m outside quite a bit from spring until fall. Not much happening in the winter, unfortunately.

Predominantly birds and reptiles. In central-ish Canada emoji4.png

Cool...just asking because my spouse just retired from Dept Fisheries & Oceans (Canada), lots of funding going towards species @ risk, Aquaculture...she says she's never seen the gov't open up their wallets as much as it has for the last several years.  If you're willing to migrate to the coast...:)

We finally got to talk to our friends landlord and it looks really positive that we will get their apartment when they move [emoji4] That’s the biggest step towards potentially being able to keep fish again.

Back in the hospital again for some weird redness and swelling in my ankles.  Sigh.

Oh no! Do you have pre-e? How far along are you? [emoji22]

My grandfather had a heart attack and now he has to have a double bypass surgery. I’m super scared I’m gonna wake up in the morning to a message that he has died. [emoji24][emoji24]

• Admin
On 12/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Back in the hospital again for some weird redness and swelling in my ankles.  Sigh.

You okay? How is baby?

On 12/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, FishyMandy said:

Thats awesome Emilee!

We talked to them more today and officially she said that they're okay with fishtanks!! "Regular sized" which she said is 2.5-3' so perfect for a 40B set up!! I can't wait ugh but it won't be until April at the earliest that we move in. How are things with you Mandy?

• Admin
4 hours ago, Morgan'sMiracles said:

We talked to them more today and officially she said that they're okay with fishtanks!! "Regular sized" which she said is 2.5-3' so perfect for a 40B set up!! I can't wait ugh but it won't be until April at the earliest that we move in. How are things with you Mandy?

Hey that's great news though👍

55 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Thats exciting!

I'm doing pretty well now. Finally over the bug I had 

Glad to hear it!! Just trying to get through the next 6 days without catching anything lol; baby is coming in 6 days so I can’t afford to get sick!!

1 hour ago, koko said:

Hey that's great news though👍

Yeah!! I’m impatient but super excited!! I’ve been pricing and making lists of what I need.

Speaking of, what would you say are the absolute minimum necessities for starting an aquarium again? 

• Admin
On 12/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, FishyMandy said:

Oh no I'm very sorry Emilee :(

Heres a video of my pondies playing while I was refilling their pond

I just love your pond.