Goldfish with bubbles on Wen

koko

• Helper

The only time I’ve seen blistering like that is a form of dropsy, but that might not be the case here.  What’s going on with the white mark on the back?

• Supporter

It reminds me of these bubbles that my old fish got on his tail, except they got a lot bigger. I never found out what it was, I ended up removing that section of tail when it got so big it seemed to be annoying him. He did end up getting dropsy a couple of months later. 

@Arctic Mama I believe the white mark is a tumor this fish had

• Admin

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

Nitrate level(Tank) 30

Ammonia Level(Tap) 0

Nitrite Level(Tap) 0

Nitrate level(Tap) 0

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.0

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? drops

Water temperature? 65F

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40B 3 years

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 50 and 70

How often do you change the water and how much? lately 50% once a week. 

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 7

How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 about 4-5"

What kind of water additives or conditioners? WonderShells

What do you feed your fish and how often? Fluval Bites 3 times a day

Any new fish added to the tank? no

Any medications added to the tank? yes

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Just finished General Cure on the fish last Saturday. This was for a white spot on Zac.

Also last night I added Silver. 

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Bubbles on that old Tumor.

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Nope happy as can be.

"If copy and paste doesn't work for you, quote this post and put your answers after each question."

• Admin
14 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

The only time I’ve seen blistering like that is a form of dropsy, but that might not be the case here.  What’s going on with the white mark on the back?

Exactly that's why I was asking. He doesn't have the Dropys at all. He did get it once when he was about 1-2 years old. But never showed signs again after treatment.

13 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

It reminds me of these bubbles that my old fish got on his tail, except they got a lot bigger. I never found out what it was, I ended up removing that section of tail when it got so big it seemed to be annoying him. He did end up getting dropsy a couple of months later. 

@Arctic Mama I believe the white mark is a tumor this fish had

It reminds me of the Pearlscales getting Dropys but he doesn't have any bloating at all.

Yes the white mark on the back that is also orange is another tumor but the scales seem to be growing over it now. IT was all white till about 4 months ago. :O

He has three tumors, the on  the head seemed to have gone down but now we got bubbles coming out of it. :( 

• Admin

Okay Update @Arctic Mama  

I took all my really big plants out of the tank, wiped everything down. Did a 80% water change. Then cleaned the filters. Goldfish's bubbles are going down. I think, if you think it will be a good, try General cure again in there. :)

Also just to mention Goldfish did have about 3 red streaks in his tail fin last night. They are all gone now but I think your right some kind of bacterial infection going on. :( 

I think my plants where not getting enough circulation and so it built up a lot of gunk. When I took out my biggest plant there was alot of gunk under it. :yikes 

I don't know anything about the "bubbles," but the white spot on the back of the fish may originate from some "partial dorsal fin" that sometimes appears in fish with no dorsal fin.  More often, these appear as a spike or a "shark fin".  It probably won't harm the fish, but also won't respond to any treatment.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

If the bubbles are reducing on their own I’d probably not bother treating, to be honest, unless symptoms change or worsen :)

One is almost gone. Im very surprised :) 

• 2 months later...

I remember reading on another goldfish forum that; if one doesn't properly age their water for at least several hours(I think it was, could be longer) prior to adding to the tank, there can be (certain)gas bubbles from the pressure of the water being in pipes(it was to my understanding). These gas bubbles cannot be metabolized(or w/e) so they appear on the fish as bubbles. 

For the sake of curiosity, do you add water directly from faucet to tank? if not, how long do you let the water sit? From where is the source of your water coming from?(does it travel a far distance to your faucet?)

Wish I knew the name of the gas bubbles the poster said, if I find it I'll post it.

• Admin
I remember reading on another goldfish forum that; if one doesn't properly age their water for at least several hours(I think it was, could be longer) prior to adding to the tank, there can be (certain)gas bubbles from the pressure of the water being in pipes(it was to my understanding). These gas bubbles cannot be metabolized(or w/e) so they appear on the fish as bubbles. 
For the sake of curiosity, do you add water directly from faucet to tank? if not, how long do you let the water sit? From where is the source of your water coming from?(does it travel a far distance to your faucet?)
Wish I knew the name of the gas bubbles the poster said, if I find it I'll post it.
My water comes right from the tap.

I have kinda figured out what has been going on with this fish.
He's like a fish that will show you if you have to much nitrates. This fish gets the bubbles on this one spot if there is a bacteria growing in there.
I found this out by cleaning the tank got rid of stuff that would hold water and make things stagnate. Then I had added a fake plant at the top for fry to hang out if the did hatch in there. The problem I found out about a month latter, is there wasn't enough current over the plant and when I went to clean it off, some hair algae was growing on it. So I removed it clean the walls and did a 60% water change.

Now they are gone again. This fish is very sensitive to bacteria in the tank. I have seen other fish that get fin issues with nitrate issues but not this yet.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk