Sign in to follow this  
diggitydani

Goldfish tumors??

Hi there, my Ryukin has been slowly growing these big wart-like growths all over his body for months. At first I thought it was carp pox, but it hasn’t gone away in cycles like I read carp pox does. Water parameters are normal (ph 7.5, ammonia and nitrites low/zero), and it’s in an established 90 gal tank (like 4 years old) with a 40 gal sump. The tumors or whatever they are don’t seem to bother him, but they just keep growing. What is it?? Should I do anything about it? Any suggestions?

Here’s a link to a couple photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkth0t9wowt1ofp/AAAOjHDEoy5_Ee5yxWke3Jlla?dl=0

Edited by diggitydani

They are tumors.  You can slice them off, but they will grow back.  How  old is this fish?

Oh gosh.  Yeah, I don’t think there is much for it.  

On 2/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, diggitydani said:

Hi there, my Ryukin has been slowly growing these big wart-like growths all over his body for months. At first I thought it was carp pox, but it hasn’t gone away in cycles like I read carp pox does. Water parameters are normal (ph 7.5, ammonia and nitrites low/zero), and it’s in an established 90 gal tank (like 4 years old) with a 40 gal sump. The tumors or whatever they are don’t seem to bother him, but they just keep growing. What is it?? Should I do anything about it? Any suggestions?

Here’s a link to a couple photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkth0t9wowt1ofp/AAAOjHDEoy5_Ee5yxWke3Jlla?dl=0

How is this fish doing?