Sign in to follow this  
Go_redfish

What did you do today?

On 2/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, Ree said:

Awe fishies will be happy with little waterchanges then.  I kinda feel like my fishies need little singlets when i give them cold waterchanges in winter :lol3

I dont like water that cold, my bones hurt so much with cold.  They say put ice on injuries, but the ice hurts more than the injury lol.  

Im managing my tank planties ok, and hubby adds extra ferts to the garden plants.  I think they need extra minerals due to the calcium binding it or some such thing.  

Well TD testing the tap water its 7.6 but the tank was 7.0 and my filter system drops it even farther to 6.4.6.0 PH.

Boy that's so much fun :lol2 

On 3/5/2019 at 4:04 AM, koko said:

Well TD testing the tap water its 7.6 but the tank was 7.0 and my filter system drops it even farther to 6.4.6.0 PH.

Boy that's so much fun :lol2 

Awe wow thats fun to have to manage.  Im so lucky my tap water is ideal for goldfish.  its 8.1-8.2 stable and try to budge it all you like it aint gonna happen LOL.  Our town water supply comes from a coastal bore that is among lots of shell beds undergrounds.  The water straight from down there is very high in sulphur and iron.  The water treatment place removes the sulfur and iron so that we dont all smell like we have showered in rotten eggs and look like our clothes have been washed in sewage.  Im so thankful they treat the water.  So are my fishies LOL

I finished building a stand to stack 2- 20g long tanks for some of my show grade guppies. Got some nice el diablos in recently and the colors are coming in nice!20190321_204810.thumb.jpg.80764cadc6b159a15ff552e56635459f.jpg

@Go_redfish What a handsome guppy. TD (my hubby) had some like that years ago. Guppies are so much fun :) 

Treating my tank with Prazi, Zac was rubbing on the tank floor and I found a white spot on her fin :( 

20190322_200234.thumb.jpg.41f7aa36e1df6f4f9bb6197649e57901.jpg

3 hours ago, koko said:

@Go_redfish What a handsome guppy. TD (my hubby) had some like that years ago. Guppies are so much fun :) 

Treating my tank with Prazi, Zac was rubbing on the tank floor and I found a white spot on her fin :( 

I have a display tank of mixed strains of males. I love the colidiscope of colors. Starting a breeding project for a few show grade strains tho. I like the thai red dragons, japan blue mosaics, snows, and purple moscows.

Edited by Go_redfish

Everytime we got the blue cobras they would die on us. Don't know why.

Looks like you got plenty of hiding spots for the fry.😊

I counted bird species for the Cornell Lab Of ornithology 

I counted bird species for the Cornell Lab Of ornithology 
Awesome. How many did you end up counting? :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did a 80% water change. Wipe my tank down, cleaned the filters and took out some plants. :O

Then made Tarts for TD :lol all at 7pm :rofl 

3 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

Awesome. How many did you end up counting? :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I counted 13 Common Grackles, 1 American Crow, 7 House Finches, 8 House Sparrows, 1 Northern Cardinal, 2 Mourning Doves, 1 Dark Eyed Junco, 3 European Starlings, 1 American Robin, 2 Eurasian Collard Doves, 2 American Gold Finches, 1 Red Breasted Nuthatch, 1 White Breasted Nuthatch, 1 Red Bellied Woodpecker, 1 Hairy Woodpecker, 1 Downy Woodpecker,  and then there were 6 Turkey Vultures flying up in circles in the sky. :D 

Edited by Fish Of Gold

I was going to do a water change yesterday but the decided to lay eggs on me. I had lost my cycle and when I woke up I was thinking this is the worst I have ever seen, then I saw thousands of eggs all over the floor of the tank. No wonder it looked bad :lol 

Cycle still lost... Going to do a water change and check my ph. I think my Ph may have dropped on me :( 

Changed water in my 40g breeder goldfish tank, 20g long goldfish tank and my 40g breeder tropical fish tank. :mytank1:

Work Today, it was very quiet. So I spent most of the day just doodling lol

I worked today after having the weekend off for my birthday. Right now heading home from work. I am hoping my new fish is doing great without me, but I still want to check on him (or her).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk