I said I wouldn't...

mjfromga

But I did. An import. I said I wouldn't buy another one. Not going in with my domestics. But omg he is so cute. Everyone who knows me knows I love compact bodies and calico. This dude just was too cute to pass up. He came and said HI and that was it. He's a baby Thai Yuan Bao (short finned) Oranda. His name is Gladiolus... After the flower. Not sure what gender but whatever lol

His shape is so cute. His tail fins are fused which doesn't bother me. Someone suggested surgery but there's NO WAY I would cut his fins for no real reason. He's a chunky little guy. EATING like a little piggy.

IMG_20181002_120219.jpg

IMG_20181002_155628.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I put this fish down a while ago. He had some sort of parasites and he wasn't responding well to treatment. These foreign fish have too many issues. I refused to waste any additional money trying to figure out what he had. I've already wasted enough on these. I'll never buy another one. Southwest Koi sells sickly fish with parasites. I don't care what anybody says. Taryl got some with LICE from him and I gave him another try and this fish wasn't healthy either. We shouldn't pay extra for fish with parasites and diseases we cannot fight. These fish are very nice looking but none of that matters if they cannot stay healthy. He didn't even make it past quarantine. Pathetic. 

Edited by mjfromga

• Admin
4 hours ago, mjfromga said:

I put this fish down a while ago. He had some sort of parasites and he wasn't responding well to treatment. These foreign fish have too many issues. I refused to waste any additional money trying to figure out what he had. I've already wasted enough on these. I'll never buy another one. Southwest Koi sells sickly fish with parasites. I don't care what anybody says. Taryl got some with LICE from him and I gave him another try and this fish wasn't healthy either. We shouldn't pay extra for fish with parasites and diseases we cannot fight. These fish are very nice looking but none of that matters if they cannot stay healthy. He didn't even make it past quarantine. Pathetic. 

Im sorry. I had gotten two black Ranchu's at a show once and the male died with in two weeks. Never passed my QT either. I just don't do foreign fish anymore either :( 

• Admin
On 11/5/2018 at 5:38 PM, mjfromga said:

Never again Koko. I gave this vendor another shot. Epic fail and waste of money. Never again. Never. 

Yup thats how I feel now too, I wont say whom I got mine from but I will never buy from him again :(

I have NO problem saying who it was because he doesn't deserve business if he can't sell healthy fish. And I tried TWICE. And I know multiple others who have bought sick fish from him. Next year at the show if I see him, I'm going to tell people before they buy from him that the fish are sickly.

I'm not scared. I have proof of stuff too. He deserves any bad press he gets. He cost me my entire pond, he cost another person their entire stock. He cost others a lot too. And then the heartache of losing the fish is as bad as the cost. 

Southwest Koi and Goldfish sold me TWO parasite ridden fish that BOTH died on me when NONE of my other fish were showing these issues before his fish came in. This recent fish didn't even make it past quarantine. I CANNOT recommend you buy from them. They don't quarantine worth anything and the fish can have diseases. If you insist on buying from them, NEVER EVER mix them with your domestics or healthy fish from other sources.