Quarantine Q

Hey there Koko peeps,

I’ve been shopping for Goldfish online and found this site(which I know is a good source). I want to get  two goldfish in short. My situation right now is that I have this 40g breeder(new) standing by. Am not sure if I can use the 40G tank as the QT tank and as the main tank? Planning to use seeded filter from my other tank. Should I just use salt? Or do I need medication?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Fastlane
Added question

• Admin

If the fish are going to be together in that tank at the same time. Then you can Qt them in that tank. I did this with the two I have since I got them at the same time.

I would praziquantel  them. :) 

6 minutes ago, koko said:

If the fish are going to be together in that tank at the same time. Then you can Qt them in that tank. I did this with the two I have since I got them at the same time.

Yeah they’d be together. So first use salt? Then how many days after would I use Prazi?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Fastlane said:

Yeah they’d be together. So first use salt? Then how many days after would I use Prazi?

I would just Prazi the tank. Then I would salt if you need to :) 

I used General Quick Cure on my 40B when I got my two fish. They are doing fine. :) 

I did do it twice for them. Once when I got them, then 6 months later :) 

1 hour ago, koko said:

Thank you for the response Koko. General quick cure is an API brand, right? Okay so 1st thing o do after getting a fish is acclimate them and then if found no issue with the fish then start the round of general quick cure?

again apppreciate the help.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

Thank you for the response Koko. General quick cure is an API brand, right? Okay so 1st thing o do after getting a fish is acclimate them and then if found no issue with the fish then start the round of general quick cure?

again apppreciate the help.

I would General cure them or just praziquantel them :) no matter wait, unless you trust this person :o 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 2:40 PM, koko said:

How is it going? 

Hi Koko! 

Thanks for asking. Am still doing salt on my new 2 oranda. I got some prazipro. Read here in the forum that Prazipro doesn’t work out with salt. So after 2 weeks of using salt and if I find no problems(crossing fingers), then I’ll begin prazipro. You think the duration of my salt usage is enough? 

• Admin
On 9/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, Fastlane said:

Hi Koko! 

Thanks for asking. Am still doing salt on my new 2 oranda. I got some prazipro. Read here in the forum that Prazipro doesn’t work out with salt. So after 2 weeks of using salt and if I find no problems(crossing fingers), then I’ll begin prazipro. You think the duration of my salt usage is enough? 

I would say but Saturday the salt should be good enough :)