38 gal. Stocking.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter
Thats really sad to hear that they all passed! If there's ever a next time, hope that they grow up for you, they are amazing fish to keep.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I will try again but a little while down the road. Right now I'm debating on what to add to keep the cycle going.
I'm thinking either corydoras or a BN pleco.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Supporter

So I lied. But not on purpose LOL

I had full intentions of waiting a good while before getting angelfish.

But my Weedeater died on me today and I went to get a new one. Since I was going to be within like 3 blocks of PetSmart I decided to take my receipt with me and see what they would do. what I thought I would do is see if I could get a refund for the Three Angels and spend that on some Cory catfish. But because I had not kept any of the bodies and they just had my word to go on they decided but the best they could do is replace the fish. I wasn't going to complain so I went ahead and got new angels. they are bigger than the last ones so hopefully they will be a little harder.

Anyway here they are. I've been slowly acclimating them to the water it's been about an hour now and I have probably change the water in this small container twice so here in just a few minutes I'm going to add them to the main tank. On closer inspection I think they may have a little bit of it ich. Which is unfortunate, but since I have already been fighting the ich and got it out of my platy tank I decided I would go ahead and see what I could do with them.
e860616f3b20cd94334bb52047f9d992.jpg

If they die or circum to the ich I will leave the tank empty, treat it, and order fish from a better breeder later.

• Supporter
Congrats on the new additions!

I kind of wonder if I've set myself back up for failure. But I guess we'll see. Lol

• Supporter

I moved into that tub and then added water about starting with about an ounce at a time for 10 or 15 minutes then increased 2 2 or 3 oz until I had the container about full. I've been drained the container to about half of its volume and continued adding water and slowly increasing increments until I did that twice.

Congrats on the new Angels!!! Did you slowly add some of your water to the bag that they were in?

1 minute ago, Daniel E. said:

I moved into that tub and then added water about starting with about an ounce at a time for 10 or 15 minutes then increased 2 2 or 3 oz until I had the container about full. I've been drained the container to about half of its volume and continued adding water and slowly increasing increments until I did that twice.

Very good. How are they doing?

• Supporter
Very good. How are they doing?
So far the look good. A couple does have a couple spots of ich from the store like I stated before. So I'll start treatment for that tomorrow. Did not want to stress them more today than I have to.

• Supporter
Oh, I love the zebra in the first pic... if I was closer, I would of swapped my breeding pair for your little guys - by force if needed!

I have two like that. :)

I have read that they grow a little faster than what I anticipated. So I'll have to go ahead and get started getting the 80 Gatling ready for them.

When I get them moved over. I have considered dwarf neon rainbowfish as tank mates along with a score of corydoras. From what I read they both make really good cohabitants and the dwarf neon really need a 4-foot tank.

• Supporter
Yeah, the little ones grow quickly. They easily can grow into sub adults in a year, but its fun watching them grow IMO. Very rewarding.

Now if I can just get my hands on that 150 gallon tank I've been eyeing lol

• Supporter

Just thought I would post how I baffled the water coming out of my filter. I had searched on the internet. Looked at YouTube videos. Looked on Pinterest and Etsy. In the end I did not see anything I really liked or if that would work well for me.

So I dug through a box of old fish supplies and found some plastic scrubbers. I thought hey why not let's see if it works.

70f3bdbaff3a79e620aeb8edabc613a5.jpgacdd407c01e7f762d0ddbda3dac2ed7d.jpg

It actually works remarkably well LOL.
I just kind of wedged it between the glass and the Overflow of the filter. This is by far the simplest and cheapest way I have found of baffling the filter.

• Supporter
How are you Angels doing Daniel?
Good right now. I have high hopes for them. When I did their WC today it scared them a little but before that they where up and swimming around nicely.

First bad sign on the new angels today. One was at the surface acting the way most of the others did before they died [emoji20]

Thats really not good to hear. I really wonder what the issue is, I've never had problems with angels once they are in good care...