Good. Hopefully they will be OK.

• Supporter

Done another round of test.
My results are

pH 7.6
Ammonia between 0 and .25 ppm
NO2 0ppm
NO3 5ppm

Today they did not seem all that interested in food.. they look ok but that worries me. Also they are hiding instead of swimming around the tank.

I have the temperature at 80°F (the highest it would go)
And have an airstone for extra O2

I can't see anything wrong with the tank to be causing stress.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Supporter

Well my wild pattern Veil is acting like the first one that died now. Just hanging around right at the top of the water with his fins clamped. He seems to be struggling against the current and has no appetite at all. I fear that by morning he will be gone.
That will leave me with just the one angel. If he does pass away I am not sure where that I really want to get more right now. This has been pretty devastating. If I do try again with more angels I'm a wait until the tank has matured a little more.

Ouch. Sometimes stock from the shop isnt robust and doesnt do well. If you can, try look for a breeder in your area.

In saying that, I assume water params are perfect?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Supporter

I had posted test from earlier today. I had a small spike in ammonia but it's less than 0.25ppm it could have been read as 0 but I thought I could see the slightest hint of green in the test.

Ouch. Sometimes stock from the shop isnt robust and doesnt do well. If you can, try look for a breeder in your area.

In saying that, I assume water params are perfect?

I had posted test from earlier today. I had a small spike in ammonia but it's less than 0.25ppm it could have been read as 0 but I thought I could see the slightest hint of green in the test.

Woops, for some reason read that as yesterday. My bad!

• Supporter
Woops, for some reason read that as yesterday. My bad!

It's ok. Just has me confused to what the issue is. He looked good yesterday and great the day before.

One thing that I have read online is that young angels can be sensitive to water flow. I'm not sure how true this is because I have read contradicting information on this. Could it be possible that the flow from my filter has just been too much for them and slowly wore them out?

Whats the flow rate - or just what you use for filtration? I personally never found that to be the case, unless they're sick or really poor stock.

Edit: do you have enough areas for them to hide in if needed - full tank shot may help!

• Supporter
Whats the flow rate - or just what you use for filtration? I personally never found that to be the case, unless they're sick or really poor stock.

Edit: do you have enough areas for them to hide in if needed - full tank shot may help!

I'm at work so I can't get a pic now but I will tonight.
The angel that was at the top died last night.
The filter that I have on the tank is the one that came with it. The Marineland Penguin 200 Bio-Wheel Filter. 200gph
I had thought about upgrading to the 350 model.

• Supporter

The is not today and the floating Anubias I placed in the bottom. But this is as good as I can do right now.

The Anubias covered of the bottom is 80-90%

When the driftwood comes (been two weeks in the mail) I am going to put the Anubias on it.ac3e236f07b6bb6fd87537a8c7c500db.jpg

Hi Daniel. Sorry your other Angel died. I never heard anything about the flow rate being a problem. I use the Penguin 350 filters on my 125 & 55. I use mesh bags with Fluval ceramic rings in them and poret filter foam 30 PPI you can get from Swiss Tropicals. GREAT filters!!!

• Supporter

It's possible they where just poor stock. They where PetSmart angels. But I still feel it's my fault somehow. That I did something wrong.

Hi Daniel. Sorry your other Angel died. I never heard anything about the flow rate being a problem. I use the Penguin 350 filters on my 125 & 55. I use mesh bags with Fluval ceramic rings in them and poret filter foam 30 PPI you can get from Swiss Tropicals. GREAT filters!!!

19 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

It's possible they where just poor stock. They where PetSmart angels. But I still feel it's my fault somehow. That I did something wrong.

You took the BEST care of them Daniel!!! Angels can be tricky. Aquabid has some good breeders on there. Angel Mania has GORGEOUS Angels!!!

Edited by DawnMichele

• Supporter
You took the BEST care of them Daniel!!! Angels can be tricky. Aquabid has some good breeders on there. Angels Mania has GORGEOUS Angels!!!
I've been looking at a couple of places.
One on eBay that has good reviews.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163176412940

The other is this breeder.
http://angelmania.net/epages/e6471670-ea6c-4079-a968-d69e15518443.mobile/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/e6471670-ea6c-4079-a968-d69e15518443/Categories/Store

6 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

Angel Mania has Gorgeous Angels!!! I have heard great reviews about them!!!

• Supporter
Angel Mania has Gorgeous Angels!!! I have heard great reviews about them!!!
I may order from there then. But I think I'll wait a month or so. Get my tank finished, plants set in good and all that. I'm also thinking about baffeling the filter a little.

4 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

I may order from there then. But I think I'll wait a month or so. Get my tank finished, plants set in good and all that. I'm also thinking about baffeling the filter a little.

I think waiting is a good idea. You want to make sure you have lots of hiding places for them. They can be aggressive. 

Edited by DawnMichele