38 gal. Stocking.

• Helper

I remember the time of not understanding water parameters. My poor fish would go months without a waterchange because it still looked clean lol. Then I would ditch all the filter sponges, wash everything in tap water and do a 100% Waterchange. So glad those days are gone!

I hope your angels do well!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
19 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I remember the time of not understanding water parameters. My poor fish would go months without a waterchange because it still looked clean lol. Then I would ditch all the filter sponges, wash everything in tap water and do a 100% Waterchange. So glad those days are gone!

I hope your angels do well!

Funny you said that. I was talking to a guy at a Salt water store and his customer today came in and said he did all of this plus added a fish in the tank (petco) with out QT :o

He killed the cycle and the fish in one big swoop. :o But thats how we learn, Also think about the years of hard research everyone has done over these years and back then no internet :o 

Hi Daniel. Angelfish are Cichlids. They can be sensitive to a different PH. It is best to do a drip acclimation when  you get them. Kens has great food for Angels. Mine did so well on it.

• Supporter
Hi Daniel. Angelfish are Cichlids. They can be sensitive to a different PH. It is best to do a drip acclimation when  you get them. Kens has great food for Angels. Mine did so well on it.
Thanks for the tip. :)

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Supporter

It's hard to get a good pic if them.
The marble one seems a bit off today :(
Hopefully he will be better tomorrow. He is just hanging around the top away from the other two. c38261bd6cb0572f79793278ae552c21.jpg9f01a5cd598670002af076d2b641d1d5.jpgea97eeec4728fdae96f047a5a59211e6.jpg9fc879730852b5cb6b7d0b05756b1d0d.jpg1c7a274903db70f4378d055969971524.jpg

• Supporter
Hope he feels better!!!
Thanks.
I know my water is not the best for them. 7.6-7.8 pH and 13-15 hardness. But hopefully they will adapt. I know commercially bread angels are typically a little more tolerant of less than optimal water conditions.

Just now, Daniel E. said:

Thanks.
I know my water is not the best for them. 7.6-7.8 pH and 13-15 hardness. But hopefully they will adapt. I know commercially bread angels are typically a little more tolerant of less than optimal water conditions.

I kept Angels for 2 years. My PH is 8 & I have very hard water. They adjusted to it just fine. When you first get them it is best to slowly introduce them to the water. Next time do the drip acclimation. 

• Supporter
I wonder if you put a terra cotta pot in there, would that help? 
I got some driftwood coming in the mail but I had not thought about that.

• Supporter
They are so beautiful!!!! So your Dan The Man!!!!  [emoji3]
I am lol.

I also need help with names for the three of them.
The original one I got the wild pattern one. His name assuming it is a he is Gabriel.
The one with a white body and black fins I believe now is what is known as a ghost pattern. I might be wrong there though LOL Anyway his name is Spector.
The marble one is the one I'm having difficulty coming up with a name.

• Admin
Just now, DawnMichele said:

Angels like a planted tank. I have never known any of them to hide in a pot.  :idont

I just assumed :o cause they are Cichlids :hide: 

4 minutes ago, koko said:

I just assumed :o cause they are Cichlids :hide: 

The only thing is Angels have very long fins. They might mess them up. Can you put some more plant's in the tank for them?

• Supporter
The only thing is Angels have very long fins. They might mess them up. Can you put some more plant's in the tank for them?
I'm working in that. I have some that I will attach to the driftwood. And I am propagating some in other tanks.

You can see in my betta tank that I have some of these spiral Leaf swords starting to grow.
07f98a028be80a81f53d6f707850823e.jpgfe73b46dd2f898582e4211de8070edf1.jpg
7cb39803f302b9ad42c9da471a98c0cd.jpg

I also have a Madagascar lace leaf that is just starting to produce some foliage.
In the tank.
As soon as they Scarlet temple in my platy tank has grown enough I will trim it and Transplant some of the stems to this tank.

I've also considered maybe getting some Green Temple but have not found a local Source yet.

I also have more of the Spiral Leaf sword (I'm sorry I cannot remember its name) in my puffer tank.