Nerites traumatized?

I have 3 nerites and my oldest one I've had for 3 years now. He has this huge white scar down his shell. All of my nerites are missing the tips of their shells because (I think) I had bladder snails or something in the tank by accident at one point and they used to hitch rides and possibly hurt the other shells somehow (they're all dead and gone now). My zebra nerite has not moved much from the top of the tank but it is a deep tank (hexagon) so I wouldn't expect them to go to the bottom but he never leaves the filter area. My old nerite goes everywhere and is always active. My little olive nerite was at the top a couple of days ago He did move around quite a bit. My boyfriend was making me a glass lid for the tank so that I had one properly fitting and he pulled the snail off of the side of the tank. I heard a pop sort of sound and he dropped the snail back into the water. The snail hasn't been out but I did see him retract even more when I picked him up earlier. However he also hasn't moved again since then. How can I tell if he's hurt or dying? I have a pic of the zebra, the old leopard one and then my little immobile olive colored one. 8c46c0ebcda3504a8304f15ded0c10b5.jpg408d0c46300f427d7aed8c20a2e9a3c0.jpg2e4fe9f44c05d32ab26d55a84945c7e3.jpg03e629173643bc492606cc4212569cd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would test him. Pick him up and touch the foot if the door doesn't shut then he's is gone [emoji20] 
It shut and I put him higher in the tank on a plant top to see if he loved but he still hasn't moved on his own since that first day. I know they can hibernate when stressed but for how long?

• Admin
On 6/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, EdgarTheFish said:

It shut and I put him higher in the tank on a plant top to see if he loved but he still hasn't moved on his own since that first day. I know they can hibernate when stressed but for how long?

I read it could be weeks or months. I guess the best way is to smell the snail, if it smells rotten then he's dying :o