Sign in to follow this  
EdgarTheFish

Hexagon tropical

Hey everyone it's been a while. I took a break from goldfish and still haven't returned to them. I may once I graduate this winter. This is my angelfish in my I think 27 or 33g hex. He lives with three nerites two minnows one tetra and one leopard cory. He is about 1 year old, the cory is about 2 years old, The nerites are almost 3 years old. The tetra is about 3 years old and the Minnows I just replace whenever he eats them. 61b75edadffc854d524d791cf498aed7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Beautiful tank & Angelfish!!!!

That's a nice tank. I am new to tropicals but so far they're fun. 

Very Very nice. I sure do miss my tropical tank. Even my little girl remembers her angel fish "spock" :lol 

I feel guilty none of them have names but when I had whole schools (added new different fish when one school died off) it wasn't practical. The tetra killed all of his school mates and most of the minnows.

13 hours ago, EdgarTheFish said:

I feel guilty none of them have names but when I had whole schools (added new different fish when one school died off) it wasn't practical. The tetra killed all of his school mates and most of the minnows.

Thats just crazy :o 

Thats just crazy  
I guess since he is a serpae tetra they can be mildly aggressive. He killed a total of 12 other serpae over two years when I gave up on giving him a school.

The live plants need some love. The moss is a bunch of broken up moss balls. The anubis ? Plants have been growing but seem to have stalled out a little bit f68afb30a8f2f3f582e795fa71840f1d.jpg73049752f5e313704a38df0555f6de36.jpg93b43bec4e499c530364dee4bdd9ce98.jpg

I would take out one fake plant and give more room for the Anubias :) 

I actually relocated the tank today. My boyfriend made me a glass lid that has a dice d20 handle which I love he did a great job. I'll change the lighting to one that fits better eventually but it's so much better than the 20g long hood that I had overhanging and looking real ugly lol. I also have a picture of the anubias plant. Not sure if you can tell but only the front half is growing. It wont seat into gravel and ends up floating around so it latched onto this decorative bridge. I also have one in a pot that's doing fine. b6b2b92fb124450b143575629b84c754.jpg1d9a3f5f6cebe88fe2143563848bac4c.jpg25ef973bf3622e31128e5c51f627e39f.jpg7c6665eb272da1ccc6a0f8afffee1488.jpga7e9f1a37e7271eab00f69a4603d0bfd.jpg0f3a00a06a94a9ab8ad7848569ebe3ec.jpg

Looks good. Personal reccomendation is to get something tall in there since its very bottom heavy. Something like vals, or one of the larger crypts would do nicely IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks good. Personal reccomendation is to get something tall in there since its very bottom heavy. Something like vals, or one of the larger crypts would do nicely IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My tank is extremely low in natural lighting. I can only get anubias to survive everything else melts away

5 hours ago, EdgarTheFish said:

My tank is extremely low in natural lighting. I can only get anubias to survive everything else melts away

Oh. thats a bummer. Java fern should be able to deal with that level of lighting so I would recommend narrow leaf java, which the leaves do grow tall enough to fill it out somewhat, or even bolbitis if you can find it. 

Otherwise, anubias barteri grows tall, or even anubias lanceolata with it long narrow leaves.

(Edit: in saying that, crypts normally do well in extremely low light! :)) )

Edited by aussieJJDude

I love the ferns, they are so simple to grow. :)