Sign in to follow this  
koko

Open Chat :)

1 hour ago, koko said:

She looks cute doing just about anything :rofl 

IM sure she does!!!!  :D

I wish I were good at silly forum games, it is so quiet around here without some of our old members around.  Alex and Mikey and Chelsea and even Lisa, either of them.  Fish forums on the net have been having a hard time and it makes me sad :cry

12 hours ago, koko said:

I hope everything is going well :hug 

12 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Hope it gets better for you Mandy!!! :hug

Thanks guys :heart There was a little boy whos story I followed on facebook, Been following him for about 5 years now and he died suddenly on Friday. Was so sad. I shed so many tears and I've never even met him or his family but I felt like I knew them through all their posts. I feel so upset for the family.

5 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I wish I were good at silly forum games, it is so quiet around here without some of our old members around.  Alex and Mikey and Chelsea and even Lisa, either of them.  Fish forums on the net have been having a hard time and it makes me sad :cry

I miss them too :( And Aubrey

So sorry to hear about the little boy passing away Mandy.  :hug It's a shame a lot of people don't come on here anymore.  

Edited by DawnMichele

Thanks Dawn xx

It’s especially sad when children die :(

Yea :( Poor kid had battled through so much. I never met him or his family but I felt apart of them :( Such a sad situation.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:58 PM, Arctic Mama said:

I'm relatively new here, so pardon my intrusion.  That is so true about fish forums.  Took a little break from forums and when I came back, I was shocked by the big drop in activity in our local and general/specialized fish forums.  In our area, people are moving to micro tanks/micro fish.  Just don't have the space for big tanks as housing is too expensive around here.  I just sold my 2 x 6 foot tanks, I didn't want to be stuck with a couple of white elephants in a few years.  Facebook is hot for fishy related info, but I hate looking up anything or referencing anything on Facebook/Youtube.  I see a little bit of resurgence in local goldfish keeping though, so that's one bright spot. 

Yeah Facebook is kind of a scourge and not well set up for finding detailed technical info, which is what solid fish keeping honestly comes down to.

That’s a really interesting observation about the micro aquariums.  I think some of this is regional, as square footage is still pretty cheap in many parts of the country (but not the coasts), but the changing tastes of the public do seem to explain a lot.  It’s like aquascaping being so big the last decade and cychlids the decade before that - popularity tends to breed increasing popularity, and then people get burned out and it wants back to the base level of enthusiasts.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Just talking to my favourite LFS owner, she specializes in micro fish now, so she can keep her shop small.  She used to keep everything discus but now are bringing in fancy goldfish from Thailand. on special orders.  Flowers and fish.  lol.  All sorts of Fluval Spec tanks, tanks 15 gallons or less.  Tiny, tiny fish and lots of shrimp, lol.  I do have my small fish, but in not so small tanks.  Likely true for me about getting burned out, but I just want to travel more so just slowly getting back to where I started...goldfish and a few corys.  

Speaking of LFS, they're also dropping like flies around here too.  

Competition pf online stores dont help many LFS, especially if they rather horrible or bad staff.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:hi What up!!!!

Hey

Yea, I'm in a few fish groups on FB and they are all pretty active but I much prefer forums as its so much easier to find the information you need and there is less conflicting opinions

All fb groups have been total chaos, they so totalitarian... forums seem to be a lot more accepting of different ways to keep fish successfully, which I like as I know that my methods may bring be success, but not work for everyone.

:hi

:hi guys. How is everyone doing? I got snow again :rofl :crazy:

Hi Koko!!! IM doing great!!! We have the air conditioner on!!!

48 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

Hi Koko!!! IM doing great!!! We have the air conditioner on!!!

Man :P Im sitting in 35F weather, snow and rain. Im so cold Send that heat to me :please 

2 hours ago, koko said:

Man :P Im sitting in 35F weather, snow and rain. Im so cold Send that heat to me :please 

Wasn't your winter way worse last year?  I kinda remember a bunch of ice storms through the Pac NW. I can count on one hand how many times I had to shovel this winter.  

10 hours ago, dahling8 said:

Wasn't your winter way worse last year?  I kinda remember a bunch of ice storms through the Pac NW. I can count on one hand how many times I had to shovel this winter.  

I got more snow last year. But this year it seems to be running late. We didn't have snow last year after spring started :lol 

I did plant some flowers out there right before this snow storm cause I thought the winter was done :o 

12 hours ago, koko said:

You don't have the heat on???? :teehee

1 hour ago, DawnMichele said:

You don't have the heat on???? :teehee

:wa  

3 hours ago, koko said:

:wa  

Is that  a yes or no???  :lol: