Open Chat :)

koko

• Admin
11 hours ago, Shahbazin said:

Lots of hummingbirds here! We have had some frost this week, though. And I need to fix one of my little apple trees with some plant tape, the dogs ran into it & snapped it off - it still has a little strip of bark on one side attached, so I wedged it upright with pots around it. A neighbor says she was able to save one like that, so I have hope.

I woke up to more snow. Can you guys believe this, its Feb and its snowing :thud 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

Hey Dawn :)

So I’m headed back to the new house today to put one last coat of paint on my samples. If you haven’t ever tried it, DEFINITELY get sample wall paint and poster board for testing paint colors instead of just relying on the little chip.  Then you can move it around and test it in different light. You also don’t have to worry about the existing color on the walls bleeding through or needing to prime over every other test swatch.  It’s a much better way to evaluate wall color and worth the time.

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Hey Dawn :)

So I’m headed back to the new house today to put one last coat of paint on my samples. If you haven’t ever tried it, DEFINITELY get sample wall paint and poster board for testing paint colors instead of just relying on the little chip.  Then you can move it around and test it in different light. You also don’t have to worry about the existing color on the walls bleeding through or needing to prime over every other test swatch.  It’s a much better way to evaluate wall color and worth the time.

Hi Taryl!!! Thanks for the painting tip!!!  :thumbup2:

PS How is Benjamin doing?

Edited by DawnMichele

• Helper

I missed that you asked about the baby.  He’s fine, just hanging out.  We have another g tube surgery coming up on the 15th but it’s outpatient, thankfully.  We are working on getting him in a stander now for weight bearing, with leg braces on to prevent his little feet from turning out.  It’s really important for his hip development but I haaaate getting him in the contraption.

68B8F2A7-64F2-43E0-8BF2-1DDACDB41BCD.jpeg

In fact, the equipment guy from the hospital is coming here today to help us adjust it.

Koko, Wall painting and drawing is the worst!  I think I know three separate ways to remove crayon and two ways to get off sharpie off the top of my head, and my kids aren’t even big into wall art.  Poop painting, on the other hand...

• Admin

Wow he's growing so fast. Thats got to be hard trying to get him in that every time. I feel for you :hug 

Give everyone a koko hug :) 

• Helper

Will do!  I don’t think I haven’t any recent pictures of the big girls though, the younger kids are easier to photograph because they’re not embarrassed by the camera ;)

Found one!  Daddy was trying to teach them how to play Risk.  It amazes me how much more they can do now than a few years ago.  As my oldest said, she’s double digits now, which is almost the same as being an adult (cue hysterical laughter from all the adults in the room)

0AD1A509-2CFA-4C0F-B85D-92917CDDD94B.jpeg

Edited by Arctic Mama

• Admin

:lol That is funny :rofl

I am amazed even Justine what she can do now that she couldn't do last year. I can't wait for the day for Justine and I can sit and really play a game. :) 

• Helper

Hey there!

Got some gardening done today - at the new house I planted daffodils and crocuses.  I thought it might be too late in the season but it’s still hanging out just above freezing at night and the bulbs the previous owner planted are just beginning to sprout, so it will be interesting to see how they do.

Speaking of which, I was AMAZED.  All the places I wanted to put bulbs had some already.  I hadn’t realized it but as I went through looking carefully the home was very well landscaped already.  I’m really looking forward to seeing it in the late spring and summer!

• Helper

On the topic of gardening, my diy husband strikes again! I needed to get a grow light on my succulents that was affordable, and found two really nice bulbs.  But I couldn’t figure out how to get good light across all the plants without hanging them, which I can’t do in the rental.

Genius husband had the idea to prop it up on the table and reflect and bend the light up a PVC tube.  And it WORKED!

58479D64-AE50-45D7-B82C-65162EFA73CC.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

On the topic of gardening, my diy husband strikes again! I needed to get a grow light on my succulents that was affordable, and found two really nice bulbs.  But I couldn’t figure out how to get good light across all the plants without hanging them, which I can’t do in the rental.

Genius husband had the idea to prop it up on the table and reflect and bend the light up a PVC tube.  And it WORKED!

Cool idea!!! I LOVE succulents!!!! I have them all over my lanai!!!

15 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I bet they grow like gangbusters in there! Pictures?  I don’t think I’ve ever seen your lanai :)

They do really well.  I will take some for you tomorrow.