• Admin
22 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

Lets add some jelly!!!! :teehee

:rofl Im to sweet as it is :rofl 

4 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

Goodnight everyone!!!  :sleeping:

Night :) 

• Supporter

Doing a 50% water change on a 5 gallon tank is much easier than a 38 gallon tank lol

This reminds me why I wanted to stay small lol

Good night Dawn

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Thanks Koko. Today Novae the Betta is floating and can't get down. He's swim bladder totally. I can't do anything truly. I think it's permanent. I've heard of lots of swim bladder issues in these fish. 

• Supporter
Thanks Koko. Today Novae the Betta is floating and can't get down. He's swim bladder totally. I can't do anything truly. I think it's permanent. I've heard of lots of swim bladder issues in these fish. 
I'm sorry to hear this :(

And today he is sinking again. It's odd because he usually is a sinker but every now and then, he will float for a while. But the floating doesn't last long, he usually sinks after a while and then can't seem to get back up. He also tilts over a TON. I feed him only sinking food now. He can't really eat from the top. 

• Supporter
And today he is sinking again. It's odd because he usually is a sinker but every now and then, he will float for a while. But the floating doesn't last long, he usually sinks after a while and then can't seem to get back up. He also tilts over a TON. I feed him only sinking food now. He can't really eat from the top. 
I'm really not sure what to say. I could recommend cutting back on his food a little and see if that helps. I've read that over feeding can make the issue worse but I don't know if that's the case with yours.

I have one betta that sits on the bottom a lot but when he wants to swim he can without issue so it's not the same as yours.

I fasted him for nearly a week when the issue first began to become noticeable weeks ago. It had no effect. Then I tried epsom salt to no effect. Then I fed him only tiny bits of gel food. No effect. Nothing has any effect... But he's definitely swim bladdery. When I get up in the morning and turn on his light, he's usually totally on his side. Not always the same side, but totally turned over. He quickly gets up though and says hi. I just am reluctant to put him down. 

• Supporter
I fasted him for nearly a week when the issue first began to become noticeable weeks ago. It had no effect. Then I tried epsom salt to no effect. Then I fed him only tiny bits of gel food. No effect. Nothing has any effect... But he's definitely swim bladdery. When I get up in the morning and turn on his light, he's usually totally on his side. Not always the same side, but totally turned over. He quickly gets up though and says hi. I just am reluctant to put him down. 
:hug I wish I could help.

• Supporter

So when I pulled the sponge out of my Fluval Spec to clean it I found it was full of babies some alive and some dead :(
I was able to save two out of the 20 or so in it. I did not know that they was being pulled in at the top. I have fixed the problem but it was very very sad :(

4 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

So when I pulled the sponge out of my Fluval Spec to clean it I found it was full of babies some alive and some dead :(
I was able to save two out of the 20 or so in it. I did not know that they was being pulled in at the top. I have fixed the problem but it was very very sad :(

At least you were able to save 2. 

• Supporter

Yeah I just tought with the intake being a surface skimmer they would be safe. I put a piece to scrubbing pad over it now. So hopefully it won't happen again.

At least you were able to save 2. 

• Supporter
I found a tank I loved on Facebook Marketplace, wanted it for my tropicals but don't get paid til next week and it's gone now [emoji20]
:hug I know that feeling.

• Admin

Anyone good with Cats. I got a cat problem and I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on.

She's an out door cat, and 4 times I have found her out there breathing hard and 2 times drooling. No panting at all, just hard breathing. Sometimes I have to force water down her and with in about 2-3 hours she's back to normal. Im scared something is killing her slowly :( 

Sounds like heat exhaustion and maybe dehydration to me. They don't pant when it's at that point. You say it's been hot there. Might want to see if you can make something cool for her to lay under or whatnot and be sure there's plenty of water for her. If she is an old cat, she might need to be brought inside. 

6 minutes ago, aussieJJDude said:

That gecko tank looks amazing! Really lush plant growth, gotta love pothos!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree!!!!

• Supporter

Thanks I actually cut about 3/4 of it out back a few months ago. It was so crowded with pothos you could not hardly see in the terrarium lol.
The leaves on those plants get like 6 in Long and 5 inches across in there. It's crazy the cause just in the house the leaves get 3 maybe 4 inches long and about 3 inches wide. I want to add a more rigid plant of some kind maybe a small tree like a mangrove or something. I've also thought about getting some taller lucky bamboo and trying it out in there.
The poor little Fern in the left-hand corner was almost completely choked out by the pothos vines.

That gecko tank looks amazing! Really lush plant growth, gotta love pothos!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk