• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter
Morning guys. I have been so busy with Justine [emoji33] 
On other news Im in another heat wave. 105F and more ... [emoji33] 
Sounds like good basking weather. If you are a bearded dragon lol

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Supporter
Hi guys [emoji3] I'm loving my new Fish. Can't wait to get them out of QT. Also slowly working my way up to a bigger tropical tank as I'll be a bit overstocked with the newbies lol.
Do you have a threaded for these new fish?

4 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Here is my guys right now. LOVE IT!!!! Its GORGEOUS!!!!

Can you all spot the Betta? No. Where is the Betta?

12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Hi guys :D I'm loving my new Fish. Can't wait to get them out of QT. Also slowly working my way up to a bigger tropical tank as I'll be a bit overstocked with the newbies lol.

Hi Mandy!!! Can't wait to see your new fish!!!

• Supporter

He will be moving to my other 5g soon. The platies are a bit much for him. I tried putting him in the other but the flow was a bit much. I got to work on that some before I move him again. 7e8070849521b67e065ff0d778d6fed8.jpg

• Supporter

The betta has been moved again. Lol

He is now in the other 5 gallon by himself. I placed a small piece of sponge in the outflow to reduce it. He seems to be happy with it now.

• Supporter

It could be swim bladder. Put a small mirror in the tank and see if that may stimulate him to display. If it does and he displays normally we can cross swim bladder out but if not that is a possibility. It could be that he just lacks interest in anything and it's lying around but the way he shot up for air and went back down is suspicious.

Here's my Betta. What a sorry sight to behold. Not sure what's wrong with him. He's been this way for like a month. 

I've never once seen him flare the entire time I have had him. His tank isn't empty and he didn't use to be this way at all. He still eats like normal. I have treated him with different meds but he never improved but he's never once lost his appetite.

I had to change his food to a sinking because he cannot seem to stay afloat long enough to chase down his food and eat properly. I have to drop it near him and it has to sink. When he goes up for air or just swims in general, it's forceful like he REALLY has to work to get anywhere. Even when he gets up from being on his side, it is a struggle. At the beginning of the video, you can see this. 

That's why I think it's swim bladder. I thought he was deathly ill at first because he lost a lot of color but he never stopped eating and its been a month plus and he's not dead. I heard swim bladdery Betta fish can lose color too. Who knows? 

• Supporter

I'm not an expert on bettas so I really can't say. I do know that a lot of pet store bettas sometimes or not the strongest genetically. It could be that his swim bladder was just compromised in one way or another.

Do you think it would help if he was placed in a shallower environment? I know that is what is often done for goldfish that have swim bladder issues.

I've never once seen him flare the entire time I have had him. His tank isn't empty and he didn't use to be this way at all. He still eats like normal. I have treated him with different meds but he never improved but he's never once lost his appetite.
I had to change his food to a sinking because he cannot seem to stay afloat long enough to chase down his food and eat properly. I have to drop it near him and it has to sink. When he goes up for air or just swims in general, it's forceful like he REALLY has to work to get anywhere. Even when he gets up from being on his side, it is a struggle. At the beginning of the video, you can see this. 
That's why I think it's swim bladder. I thought he was deathly ill at first because he lost a lot of color but he never stopped eating and its been a month plus and he's not dead. I heard swim bladdery Betta fish can lose color too. Who knows? 

• Helper
On 7/21/2018 at 10:45 PM, koko said:

The AC cost is crazy. is it a central ac unit? 

Yup, plus furnace. It’s a lot more efficient than the old one (a nice spanky new Lennox) but I’m so brooooke. Now I have to wait two weeks to get a kitchen faucet, because we have lint and ghosts and possibly tumbleweeds in our wallets until hubby gets paid again.

On a side note, the four oldest kids are now in Alaska with the grandparents until aug 7th!  They’re having a blast but it’s weird to just have the little boys, and I miss my big helpers!  It’s the same amount of work with less fun with them gone.

• Helper
On 7/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, koko said:

Morning guys. I have been so busy with Justine :o 

On other news Im in another heat wave. 105F and more ... :o 

That is disgustingly hot for Oregon.

• Supporter
Pretty good thanks. How are you Daniel?
I'm alright. Had doctors appointments yesterday. They went well. Now I'm back at work. Working 68 hours a week.

3 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

I'm alright. Had doctors appointments yesterday. They went well. Now I'm back at work. Working 68 hours a week.

IM glad it went well!!! :D You work a lot of hours. Who watches Spark & Tali?

• Supporter
IM glad it went well!!! [emoji3] You work a lot of hours. Who watches Spark & Tali?
They are staying outside together while I'm at work.