Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mygoldfishmylife

Growth on side of fish?

Recommended Posts

* Test Results for the Following:

* * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* * Nitrite Level(Tank)0

* * Nitrate level(Tank)20

* * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) normal range

* Other Required Info:

* * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API test kit

* * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gal, 4 years?

* * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 1- marineland 2-55/75 aqeuon

* * How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week, ~90%

* * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Two days, 90%

* * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 large

* * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* * What do you feed your fish and how often? Flakes, once a day

* * Any new fish added to the tank? Yes, but it was a fish being quarantined bc he was sick, now I added him back to the main tank

* * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Nothing as of the last 3 years or so

* * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Bloody streaks, one red growth on top of head, one really big growth on the side of the body, has been growing for three months, kinda popping out and white (tumor????)

* * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Eating very well and always asks for food, but sometimes sitting at the bottom but not often

I was gone on vacation for two months and gave him to my friend in a 20 gallon tank (back when the other fish was quarantined), but kept the same filters and he was prompt w the water changes and feeding schedule, but he just noticed the bump growing. The bump looks white on the top. Is it contagious and should I quarantine him?

 

f8a67ac9323a0bfae78e848fef93d10a.jpg

 

 

e559de222ccad659d6178bf156794d2b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I read somewhere: "You will need to physically clean the ulcers on your fish using a solution of iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip, and add an antibiotic compound to the water to eradicate the bacteria itself."

I'm not sure if I should go about this since I have not done anything like this before! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 25, 2017 at 10:22 AM, mygoldfishmylife said:

This is what I read somewhere: "You will need to physically clean the ulcers on your fish using a solution of iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip, and add an antibiotic compound to the water to eradicate the bacteria itself."

I'm not sure if I should go about this since I have not done anything like this before! haha

Is this a hard lump? or soft? Has anything oozed out of it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is your Goldfish doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 10:21 PM, koko said:

Is this a hard lump? or soft? Has anything oozed out of it? 

It's soft and cauliflower looking. Nothing oozing out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mygoldfishmylife said:

It's soft and cauliflower looking. Nothing oozing out

Sounds like it might be a tumor :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like it might be a tumor  


How do I know if it’s benign or cancerous? Is there a way I can control it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mygoldfishmylife said:

 


How do I know if it’s benign or cancerous? Is there a way I can control it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

You would need to get a sample of it and give it to your vet. They should be able to tell with a microscope :)

Most tumors would have to be removed or just let the fish be. I have a fish with two of them he's had it since he was very young and he's just fine :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koko said:

You would need to get a sample of it and give it to your vet. They should be able to tell with a microscope :)

Most tumors would have to be removed or just let the fish be. I have a fish with two of them he's had it since he was very young and he's just fine :) 

Gotcha... is it contagious in some way??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gotcha... is it contagious in some way??? 
No, imagine it being like a tumor/cancer on an person... others arent going to catch it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...