Sign in to follow this  
YesseGriffen

What is up with my Goldfish?

Well, never-mind I will get KH tester. Tested the water it:

Ammonia - .25 (I don't know if I test it wrong or what but I never reach 0 ammonia on any of tanks, or I am like colorblind or I think there is always green in it idk.)

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 20ppm

PH - 6.4 (Dang)

2 hours ago, YesseGriffen said:

Well, I don't know if this is the main priority, because the PH seems to be stable now. He is very inactive, I was cleaning the tank a second ago and he flipped on his side from a movement in the water but has flipped back over. He is also breathing a lot more.

He might be on his way out :(

Whats the ammonia and nitrites and nitrates like in the tank?

1 hour ago, YesseGriffen said:

Well, never-mind I will get KH tester. Tested the water it:

Ammonia - .25 (I don't know if I test it wrong or what but I never reach 0 ammonia on any of tanks, or I am like colorblind or I think there is always green in it idk.)

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 20ppm

PH - 6.4 (Dang)

That might explain his flipping over. 

best way to view it is in the same light every time and put the test tube right in front of the test card. This way its the same all the time. Also having a filter that doesn't cycle the 10X an hour might be the issue :( 

Well, do you think I may need to euthanize him? Currently he is just on his side breathing heavily, just about any little push puts him on his side because he has no strength it looks like... Never knew old fish acted like this, but then again I'v never been in this hobby enough to see an old fish till now. :( If I have to euthanize I will try to pick up clove oil and do that method since I'v heard it's the most humane way.

Well speaking of the filter, it moves about 125gph. And when you said "That might explain his flipping over" What do you mean? Didn't really understand it sorry.

47 minutes ago, YesseGriffen said:

Well, do you think I may need to euthanize him? Currently he is just on his side breathing heavily, just about any little push puts him on his side because he has no strength it looks like... Never knew old fish acted like this, but then again I'v never been in this hobby enough to see an old fish till now. :( If I have to euthanize I will try to pick up clove oil and do that method since I'v heard it's the most humane way.

Im wondering if the ph fluctuation is causing this. and being old.

14 minutes ago, YesseGriffen said:

Well speaking of the filter, it moves about 125gph. And when you said "That might explain his flipping over" What do you mean? Didn't really understand it sorry.

I was thinking of the ph going down. The filter needs to be the 200GPH and it may be the cause of your ammonia bing high :o 

Alright, but I'm just wondering, is euthanizing him a thing I may have to do? I am wondering because I just wanna know if we even can fix him up?

(Sorry for posting so many comments like this, it won't let me edit...) Welp, woke up today and him found not responding anymore, and he was on his side and his eyes were bloody :(. I tried to help him out, I think I did a good job until I realized the age of the fish, but everything has to die. Thank you all for helping me out,  if I ever get a goldfish again and it has problems or I just need help, I am for sure coming back to this site, you all seem to really care for your fish! :) 

Edited by YesseGriffen

15 hours ago, YesseGriffen said:

Alright, but I'm just wondering, is euthanizing him a thing I may have to do? I am wondering because I just wanna know if we even can fix him up?

I don't think we can :cry 

1 hour ago, YesseGriffen said:

(Sorry for posting so many comments like this, it won't let me edit...) Welp, woke up today and him found not responding anymore, and he was on his side and his eyes were bloody :(. I tried to help him out, I think I did a good job until I realized the age of the fish, but everything has to die. Thank you all for helping me out,  if I ever get a goldfish again and it has problems or I just need help, I am for sure coming back to this site, you all seem to really care for your fish! :) 

Im sorry some fish we can fix and others are just to far gone. Your welcome to post and enjoy the forum even if you don't have one. I sure hope you stick around and learn some more :) 

Yep, and thanks for helping me out, and using your time on my problem :)