Terry the new Tele

titch

• Admin
4 hours ago, titch said:

Just to clarify, I’m dosing metro in food as before, but just to Clint yes? And only metro, no Oxy or anything?

And I need to separate Pip? This will have to start tomorrow as the new QT tub isn’t up to temp yet. 

yes :)

3 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Go to the store with this sick fish, show them this thread... And get your money back. This one is dropsy as well. Pineconing both sides but more on one side. It will probably die too. You deserve a refund. I wouldn't waste money and time trying to treat. Tell them to treat it. It makes no sense to have all these sick fish from them. Full of parasites and bacteria. Name and shame if they give you trouble. 

I kinda agree with this as the fish all come from the same place :( 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think this is an issue with the fish then & not something I’ve done?

Previously you picked up on my recent issues with other fish & suggested that it could be something to do with my water supply. Could that be the case?

I feel helpless. 

12 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Go to the store with this sick fish, show them this thread... And get your money back. This one is dropsy as well. Pineconing both sides but more on one side. It will probably die too. You deserve a refund. I wouldn't waste money and time trying to treat. Tell them to treat it. It makes no sense to have all these sick fish from them. Full of parasites and bacteria. Name and shame if they give you trouble. 

He’s much worse this morning. Pineconing is much worse. 🙁

I now believe it has zero to do with you. You bought severely sick fish and shouldn't have to go through the agony of dealing with this. The issue Piggy has was not dropsy, I was thinking of someone different who had raised pineconed scales on one side. It was not you. 

I thought things were looking better this afternoon - he was more active & the pineconing appeared to have reduced.

I’ve been out of the room for 2-3 hours & just came back now to feed him his meds, but he’s gone :(

He had a lesion on his cheek which I spotted this morning after posting here. Any ideas? 

Should I do anything preventative for the others?

59D8BE74-DBDB-4ABA-8063-DB20F6AFB7C5.jpeg446337D1-21AF-4064-883B-B30E06837886.jpeg

40 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Bacterial ulcer looks like. Seriously these fish were sick when you got them and this one died as expected as well. I would truly seek a refund. Sorry you lost him, not your fault. 

I will contact the seller, but it’ll be after the holidays now (busy visiting family over the next few days).

Not sure how I’d prove they were ill when I bought them though - he’d had them all for a minimum of 4 weeks (the time he QTs them before selling) with no symptoms arising until I got them home. 

This, I guess, is why I’m concerned it’s something I’m doing or issues with my water. Maybe I’m jinxed :(

Should I medicate the others as a preventative measure? Everyone has already had metro soaked bloodworms for 14 days (ended last Sunday) and have today finished round 2 with Fluke Solve.

• Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss :( It sucks. At the beginning of the year I bought three beautiful butterfly telescopes and they looked great in store and for the first week of QT...then they started pineconing,  lost two of them and the remaining one has never seemed quite normal.

I was going to suggest treating all of them with Metro, I seen you've already done that though.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

:hi Hi Amy!!! How's everything going?

Hi Dawn. Happy new year to you!! Hope you’re well.

All ok me thinks (but what do I know eh? :teehee). On day 3 of the 3rd round of Fluke Solve. Everyone seems to be tolerating it well (no bottom sitting or pouting).

I’m feeding peas exclusively at the minute - I haven’t seen any poop from Hector or Pepper for quite some time, so want to try & clear them out. 

Pepper had a bit of white fuzz on his wen a few days ago but it dropped off and so far I haven’t seen any more. 

Piggy’s blister is back, but the vet said that was to be expected, so I’m not freaking out about it (which is a breakthrough for me!).

Apart from that, nothing really to report.

Just want things to go smoothly for the next couple of weeks - I desperately want everyone in the big tank :fishtank

Edit - no idea why some of my text is a different size. Wasn’t intentional :huh:

Edited by titch

• 3 weeks later...