Terry the new Tele

titch

• Admin
3 hours ago, titch said:

He’s gone :(

SIP little one. 

Any ideas what caused this? Is it something I did? Want to ensure my other newbies don’t go the same way. 

Oh man that was so so fast :hug 

It looks like he has some kind of bacterial infection going on and it was fast. I don't think it was anything you did. I would treat now all your new ones with Metro and Prazi. Did this fish come with others in the same LFS fish tank? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh man that was so so fast :hug 

It looks like he has some kind of bacterial infection going on and it was fast. I don't think it was anything you did. I would treat now all your new ones with Metro and Prazi. Did this fish come with others in the same LFS fish tank? 

His belly was quite mushy, but only round the vent area & along the underside. Everywhere else was quite firm.

All fish came from the same seller, but not from the same tanks. Hector, No Name & Clint we’re together & Pip was in another tank. None of them were with Terry until I bought them (he was in another tank).

I now have Hector & No Name in one QT (which Terry was originally in) and Clint & Pip in another. They were all together in one big bag when I bought them however, and for a short time while I decided how to split them (wanted to monitor their behaviour with one another first, that’s when Clint & Pip became aggressive little you know what’s).

Do you want me to run metro & fluke solve together at the same time? If so, how should I go about it with bucket-to-bucket? What about salt?

Hope I have enough metro! :wacko: 

Could a bacterial infection cause the blackening?

Edited by titch

• Admin
45 minutes ago, titch said:

His belly was quite mushy, but only round the vent area & along the underside. Everywhere else was quite firm.

All fish came from the same seller, but not from the same tanks. Hector, No Name & Clint we’re together & Pip was in another tank. None of them were with Terry until I bought them (he was in another tank).

I now have Hector & No Name in one QT (which Terry was originally in) and Clint & Pip in another. They were all together in one big bag when I bought them however, and for a short time while I decided how to split them (wanted to monitor their behaviour with one another first, that’s when Clint & Pip became aggressive little you know what’s).

Do you want me to run metro & fluke solve together at the same time? If so, how should I go about it with bucket-to-bucket? What about salt?

Hope I have enough metro! :wacko: 

Could a bacterial infection cause the blackening?

If it was me I would do the Flukesolve every other day. Metro Every day with food. :)

I wouldn't do salt right now, that would be to stressful for that.

No that would be an ammonia burn from there tanks hun. :( 

36 minutes ago, koko said:

If it was me I would do the Flukesolve every other day. Metro Every day with food. :)

I wouldn't do salt right now, that would be to stressful for that.

No that would be an ammonia burn from there tanks hun. :( 

@Arctic Mama

Thanks for your post in my other thread. Wasn’t sure if you’d seen this & if that changes your recommendation?

14 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Now I’m confused.  Someone summarize please?

Sorry Taryl. 

Basically my new telescope died today - possible bacterial cyst/infection. It happened very quickly.

He had been housed at one point with all other new fish.

Koko has suggested I treat all remaining new fish with metroplex (in food) as well as Fluke Solve every other WC.  

You suggested redosing full FS with every WC (100% bucket-to-bucket daily) for one week on, one week off for 3 rounds (6 weeks total). 

Just wanted to confirm which I should follow. 

@koko - if I missed something vital can you chime in please. Thanks.

• Helper

The one week on, one week off would only be for the fluke treatment.  If you’re feeding metro, do that consistently for 14 days.  For the bucket method with the flukesolve, you’d dose daily for a week and then take a week break, but water changes would be daily throughout. And every time you change the water during the treatment week, you do a full refresh of the flukesolve in the water.

No salt, we can use that later if need be.

• Supporter

Aw no! I''m so sorry :( SIP Terry. I was looking forward to seeing him grow, especially since he looked so much like my Chico who I never saw grow up. I can only imagine how you're feeling! I'm so sorry

1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw no! I''m so sorry :( SIP Terry

Thanks Mandy

54 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Didn't you have another fish with a bit of scale raised like this one a while ago? Like with that one bit just raised? If so, I suspect there's something in either your system or water supply. 

I think you mean Piggy - he had a blood blister for some time which I (eventually) consulted with a vet about. He believes it is a melanoma or pigment tumor which may return. When the vet took a scrape, he said that the blister was basically dead scales & beneath it was clean skin.

Pics before & after the vet scraped the blister. There is another thread about it in D&D. 

8B67DD65-4BAD-4183-8E27-3AFAE92F30D4.jpegF041E6FC-E9CB-4E83-B44C-EAB1629C8E10.jpeg

Prior to that, I lost my 12 year old fantail to dropsy in March and Winston my oranda in June to a persistent bacterial infection which finally resulted in dropsy. Piggy is the only one left of my original 3.

I’ve recently nuked & re-cycled my tank, which has only completed in the last month or so.

If this is indeed linked, please let me know what I should do/steps I should take to ensure the health of everyone moving forward.

14 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

If you’re feeding metro, do that consistently for 14 days. 

Just so I understand, do I thaw a cube of bloodworm & dose with metro & focus for each meal (ie a full dose of meds with each meal) or do I make a batch up with a single dose & that’ll keep for so many days/meals?

I don’t want to overdose them.

Can I shake things up occasionally with med-soaked pellets instead of bloodworm? 14 days of non stop bloodworms seems boring :teehee

I’m currently feeding twice a day.

Sorry if silly questions.

• Admin
3 hours ago, titch said:

Just so I understand, do I thaw a cube of bloodworm & dose with metro & focus for each meal (ie a full dose of meds with each meal) or do I make a batch up with a single dose & that’ll keep for so many days/meals?

full meals :) don't save.

3 hours ago, titch said:

I don’t want to overdose them.

Can I shake things up occasionally with med-soaked pellets instead of bloodworm? 14 days of non stop bloodworms seems boring :teehee

I’m currently feeding twice a day.

Sorry if silly questions.

yes you can though pellets might get mushy. Thats why I suggest frozen, well frozen anything. :) 

4 minutes ago, koko said:

full meals :) don't save.

yes you can though pellets might get mushy. Thats why I suggest frozen, well frozen anything. :) 

Ok, so dose full amount of meds to 1 cube of bloodworm for each meal.

At the minute I’m splitting 1 cube between the two QT tanks (2 fish in each) - thawing & dosing the meds before splitting, so basically half a scoop of metro per tank. That ok?

They've has their first FS dose tonight. 

Edited by titch

On Saturday, December 02, 2017 at 12:57 PM, titch said:

Thanks Dawn. 

Ever get the feeling that the Gods are trying to tell you something :(

I know what you mean. Hang in there Amy. IM sure everything will work out. :hug

• Admin
7 hours ago, titch said:

Ok, so dose full amount of meds to 1 cube of bloodworm for each meal.

At the minute I’m splitting 1 cube between the two QT tanks (2 fish in each) - thawing & dosing the meds before splitting, so basically half a scoop of metro per tank. That ok?

They've has their first FS dose tonight. 

Thats fine just keep it up everyday for 14 days :) 

On 12/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, DawnMichele said:

How's everything going Amy?

Hi Dawn :hi

All ok I think. They've all had their first week course of Fluke Solve (currently on their rest week before starting again at the weekend) and today is day 10 of Metro food.

So far so good. Everyone seems happy. 

3 hours ago, titch said:

Hi Dawn :hi

All ok I think. They've all had their first week course of Fluke Solve (currently on their rest week before starting again at the weekend) and today is day 10 of Metro food.

So far so good. Everyone seems happy. 

:thumbup2:

• 2 weeks later...

@koko

Urgent questions...

Over the last weekend (from Friday to Sunday) Clint was doing quite a bit of bottom sitting and his wen started developed a whitish film and a few patches on it. He's been far more active since starting the Fluke Solve again (I've done one week on, one week off and now on the second week of dosing on day 6).

Hes also pineconing slightly on left side.

This is Clint's wen as of today - is this normal wen growth patches or something else? The image isn’t great I know (sorry) and it doesn’t really show the whitish film very well. On Tuesday I saw some slough off during the WC.

The image also shows the pineconing behind left gill plate.

Pip who is in the same tank doesn't show any issues or symptoms.

Do I need to separate Clint from Pip for treatment or do I treat both together? If separate, can I add Pip in with Hector & Pepper (previously No Name) or do I need to setup another QT tub?

I have metro (less than 1 tube left), Epsom salts & Oxymav-B (plus a few other meds). How should I proceed?

B79F7D36-09B1-4F1B-AF27-96678445D8BE.jpeg

Edited by titch

• Admin

If Im remembering right. all these fish are from the same store right?

If so Im inclined now to treat every one from that store with Prazi and Metro. 

I would feed the metro to them. :) 

21 minutes ago, koko said:

If Im remembering right. all these fish are from the same store right?

If so Im inclined now to treat every one from that store with Prazi and Metro. 

I would feed the metro to them. :) 

Yes, all from the same seller.

All of them are on their second round of prazi (Fluke Solve) and they all received the metro soaked bloodworms for 14 days (ended last Sunday).

Current setup in 2 QT tanks - Clint & Pip in one, Hector & Pepper in another. I’m dosing FS with every WC (last dose due tomorrow before resting for a week then doing round 3). 1 cube of bloodworms were soaked with 1 scoop of metro & 1 scoop of focus and some garlic juice before splitting between the 2 tanks. This was done for 2 meals each day for 14 days. 

Edited by titch

• Admin
1 hour ago, titch said:

Yes, all from the same seller.

All of them are on their second round of prazi (Fluke Solve) and they all received the metro soaked bloodworms for 14 days (ended last Sunday).

Current setup in 2 QT tanks - Clint & Pip in one, Hector & Pepper in another. I’m dosing FS with every WC (last dose due tomorrow before resting for a week then doing round 3). 1 cube of bloodworms were soaked with 1 scoop of metro & 1 scoop of focus and some garlic juice before splitting between the 2 tanks. This was done for 2 meals each day for 14 days. 

Okay gotcha then just that fish. if the swelling gets worse we might want to do Epsom salt.

But since you Metro everyone, I would just do that then. :) 

Just now, koko said:

Okay gotcha then just that fish. if the swelling gets worse we might want to do Epsom salt.

But since you Metro everyone, I would just do that then. :) 

Just to clarify, I’m dosing metro in food as before, but just to Clint yes? And only metro, no Oxy or anything?

And I need to separate Pip? This will have to start tomorrow as the new QT tub isn’t up to temp yet. 

Go to the store with this sick fish, show them this thread... And get your money back. This one is dropsy as well. Pineconing both sides but more on one side. It will probably die too. You deserve a refund. I wouldn't waste money and time trying to treat. Tell them to treat it. It makes no sense to have all these sick fish from them. Full of parasites and bacteria. Name and shame if they give you trouble. 

Edited by mjfromga